Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:29   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend View Post

Now, I am shocked at some of the vile abuse directed towards me, really on this forum....

2>Extreme torque-We dont buy a car simply becoz of its dimensions,engine output,0-100 timings ,do we? We buy a car that seems best in our personal opinion combined with due weightage to the above factors....

To Indian Vagabond- Please stop commenting absolute drivel.The concern is not at all monetary, and since you have riled me so much i will say this to you.
Don't mind the 'vile abuse'.

I don't think he meant to cast aspersions on you personally. I have read somewhere that Azim Premji drives his Icon (or was it Astra). When I was in Infy in ~ 98/99, NRN had a C/C+ segment car. A 'limited budget' does not mean something negative. It means that you may have more sense in investing money elsewhere.

Also not having money is not a crime either. I could afford a car this year but could not afford even a high end bike (> 65k) even as recently as 3 yrs back.

Quote:
I can tell you this who ever you are, and where ever you are from,next time in durgapur just come to my place and rest assure you will never raise this point anymore.....
I hope you meant that you will dazzle him with you riches and not threatening bodily harm :-)
BTW I used to live in Durgapur and studied in Binachetti Junior school and St. Xavier's school. Is it still there? Lots of memories of Durgapur.

Last edited by kcnetid : 22nd December 2009 at 20:32.
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:58   #32
BHPian

@kc

If you read IAL's previous thread on this subject, you will realise he was talking about "TITANS" and emphasised that BUDGET was not a concern. And everyone here in Team-BHP, I suppose, adviced him in all earnest to choose a premium sedan.

If you read his rationale for choosing the car later, it was on totally different parameters, for which advice from Team-BHP was not probably required at all.

On a lighter note.,,
Ever since the threat from IAL, I am so scared that am wondering whether I can manage a Z Cat Security under this pretext !!!
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:58   #33
BHPian

I hope you meant that you will dazzle him with you riches and not threatening bodily harm :-)
That is exactly what i meant, mods haven't understood it though
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend View Post
That is exactly what i meant, mods haven't understood it though

Hey IAL.,,

Nice to know that I can feel safe

See.,, You cannot make an ambiguous statement and assume that Mods / Team-BHP / Me would decode it ourselves !!!
This is why Mods insist that everyone has a look at Team-BHP rules before posting !!!

An approval for Team-BHP takes almost 10 Days to get sanctioned and we cannot afford to take this forum for granted by making unintentional statements that can be interpreted as threat/intimidation.

Anyways.,,
All well that ends well..
Hope to see the pics of your ANHC soon.

Would plan a visit to Durgapore soon
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:16   #35
BHPian

i APOLOGIZED IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT POST.....DIDNT I?
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:22   #36
BHPian

Legend Dada, any updates on the ANHC.

While we wait for the delivery and pictures, request you to be kind enough and give us a darshan of your stable and the cars in it.

Waiting anxiously,
Thank you.
Best Regards.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:42   #37
BHPian

LoL! Hilarious!

So, you picked up the ANHC over the Altis/Civic and labelled it as 'Battle of the Titans'! Tough decision I would think, to go with an underpowered, ill equipped, smaller size car when budget was of no concern.

I believe the Civic facelift is already out, didn't you check that before accepting what the salesperson had to say? I mean, they are hardly reliable people!

And it was a very sad to see how you reacted to Vagabonds very simple and casual statement with an all out threat! Be it monetary or physical, it just shows your immaturity! Accept the fact that people have a right to their opinion and it doesn't mean they are challenging or hurling 'vile abuse' towards you!

For the rest of us, who can't make it to Durgapur, how about a showing of your bedazzling 'riches' via pictures? or will your indicom connection go bong bong again?

There are plenty of people on this forum with more than enough riches to last generations but I have never seen/read anybody talking in such a manner and was quite shocked. I was quite happy to be a part of a society where people irrespective of all factors come together and discussed what they love - Cars - and are open to opinions - good/bad - and then come across such a poor showing was quite disappointing hence I am ranting on about a discussion I was never a part of, between people I don't know. If upon reading my post, you feel angry and want to 'Invite' me to durgapur - then you obviously were unable to understand what sanjayc, indian_vagabond & kcnetid were politely trying to impress upon you.

Last edited by Speeding@160mph : 23rd December 2009 at 14:55.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:19   #38
BHPian

So, you picked up the ANHC over the Altis/Civic and labelled it as 'Battle of the Titans'! Tough decision I would think, to go with an underpowered, ill equipped, smaller size car when budget was of no concern.

ROTFL,LOL and DUH - I have never said , i repeat never said that the ANHC is better than all of Altis/Civic etc.I just said it fitted our family more than any other car of similar category.
I believe the Civic facelift is already out, didn't you check that before accepting what the salesperson had to say? I mean, they are hardly reliable people!
If you have read through all my posts you will realize that I have said that we will go for the Civic AT post its next facelift ,which is due in august next year.It is because we need a car NOW that we are going for Anhc for the time being.
And it was a very sad to see how you reacted to Vagabonds very simple and casual statement with an all out threat! Be it monetary or physical, it just shows your immaturity! Accept the fact that people have a right to their opinion and it doesn't mean they are challenging or hurling 'vile abuse' towards you!
Opinions can be phrased in ways that dont hurt people,I think Vagabond And me both readily agree that it was a matter of hot heads and nothing more......

For the rest of us, who can't make it to Durgapur, how about a showing of your bedazzling 'riches' via pictures? or will your indicom connection go bong bong again?

For example,you could have told me on my face that i am telling lies.Better than taking a sideswipe IMO.

There are plenty of people on this forum with more than enough riches to last generations but I have never seen/read anybody talking in such a manner and was quite shocked. I was quite happy to be a part of a society where people irrespective of all factors come together and discussed what they love - Cars - and are open to opinions - good/bad - and then come across such a poor showing was quite disappointing hence I am ranting on about a discussion I was never a part of, between people I don't know. If upon reading my post, you feel angry and want to 'Invite' me to durgapur - then you obviously were unable to understand what sanjayc, indian_vagabond & kcnetid were politely trying to impress upon you.

First point, SanjayC s post has been deleted off this thread,even vagabond disagreed with what he(sanjayc) said.second point,i believe that this is not a social networking forum where to upload pics, but as time goes by my bhp garage will be updated.

Third point,there may be people with more than enough riches to last generations but i always thought this forum had only gentlemen.
Seems i was wrong,

Nuff said..
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Iamlegend, I think you should just chill and focus on your car and give us some pictures. Yet, somehow I feel this thread title is not right. Maybe you should consider asking the mods to edit it. More like MY battle with the titans. Bought ANHC.

Cheers,
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:34   #40
BHPian

Rightly said beejay ,but how do we do that "should consider asking the mods to edit it"
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:09   #41
BHPian

Lose the unnecessary arrogance kid, act like a gentleman before you demand it of others.

Congrats on the car! Drive Safe.
Old 25th December 2009, 20:39   #42
BHPian

hey IAL,

Is the date confirmed as you said earlier?

i personally suggest as a friend, that you stop responding unnecessarily.

Concentrate and prepare for your car instead.

Most Viewed