Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2011, 02:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 or Indigo Manza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibijv View Post
Hi
I am looking or buying a new car. I liked the manza (white) for its looks and the space it provides. I have seen posts like Dont buy the Manza during its first 6 months.

Its more than an year since the manza is launched. Any comments on how the manza (diesel) is now? Some one owning a Manza please post on

1) Issues
2) maintenance
3) Service

I am from Kochi Kerala and I have 2 dealers, koyenko and Concorde motors. Any input on them is also welcome

Thanks and Regards
Sibi

Did you check Mahindra Logan (Verito).

while many people tell you stories about TASS unreliability, Mahindra Logan owners had nothing but praise for it when I went looking for feedback here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...el-models.html

My budget and the fact that I preferred a hatchback over a sedan (I'm a new driver) made me chose Figo - though I think that may not have been the better choice.

Verito (Logan) top model comes with all the features of Manza, gives you more boot space and fulfills all your requirements.

Service/parts are cheaper than hyundai and car is so reliable, it is almost bullet proof.

Last edited by vina : 7th May 2011 at 02:58.
Old 7th May 2011, 10:27   #32
BHPian

I personally decided for the i20 after thinking really hard about the Manza. For me, I was impressed by the rich feel that I got after sitting in the i20 as against the Manza. Also, overall the quality of plastics and finishing appeared to be much better in i20 than in Manza. i20 was also rated 5 stars in NCAP safety ratings which was at the back of my mind. If it's purely space that you're looking at (6 ft+ passengers) then Manza may be a better option. All in my family are around 5'4" so it works well for me.
Old 7th May 2011, 12:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibijv View Post

Its more than an year since the manza is launched. Any comments on how the manza (diesel) is now? Some one owning a Manza please post on

1) Issues
2) maintenance
3) Service

I am from Kochi Kerala and I have 2 dealers, koyenko and Concorde motors. Any input on them is also welcome
Hey Sibi, I own one Manza QDJ ABS bought one year before. Before answering your queries, one disclaimer:- I haven't even seen the car I bought. My mom is using it and I just have updates from her.

1) Issues faced so far:
- One month after delivery alternator failed. Replaced under warranty.
- Two month after delivery combination switch failed. Replaced under warranty (this is a problem for almost all Manzas)
2) Maintenance:
- Regular free services
3) Service (RF Motors, Alleppy):
- Not bad, though I cannot say it is excellent.

Regarding dealers - First I made the booking with Concorde, Cochin and had a very bad experience. They delayed the delivery to the extent they can and finally said the car they got from TATA is of different color and model. So I cancelled the booking and they took more than 6 months to return the booking advance. After cancelling the booking with Concorde, booked with RF motors, Cochin and they delivered the car within a day.

Regards
Sree
Old 7th May 2011, 17:22   #34
BHPian

@sibijv

You may just check the list of issues thread for Manza on the technical section of the forum and the Manza ownership reports. My own ownership report (don't expect great quality of reporting though) is on the third/fourth page of the review thread. Personally if you can live with the small niggles like the build quality of the plastics, switches, it is a decent car with great ride quality, space, rocker of an engine, decent handling & VFM.
Old 14th May 2011, 00:05   #35

Hi Sreerknair,

Thank you for the update. My experience when I went to see the vehicle with concorde was not good either. Thanks for the warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Regarding dealers - First I made the booking with Concorde, Cochin and had a very bad experience. They delayed the delivery to the extent they can and finally said the car they got from TATA is of different color and model. So I cancelled the booking and they took more than 6 months to return the booking advance. After cancelling the booking with Concorde, booked with RF motors, Cochin and they delivered the car within a day.

Regards
Sree
sibijv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks