Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 11:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
As I mentioned earlier, I have a RD350. In fact I sold it a short while ago. After a week, the guy decided he didn't want it and came back to me. I immediately refunded his money and took the bike back. Won't make that mistake again.
Which one? Refund or selling?

Anyways my options would be all that you have listed in your initial post. But within your budget I think Palio 1.6 GTX is going to be realistically available. All others would be priced higher.

Baleno is also a good car and Maruti service, there is nothing that cannot be fixed. On a 80k car, please check clutch, brakes, tyres and suspension.

Rest everything else should be fine if maintained properly.
Old 19th July 2009, 12:50   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Which one? Refund or selling?
Obviously selling. I sold it for 50K. The going rate was around 90K in Goa. Luckily the guy didn't realise that.
Old 19th July 2009, 13:05   #48
BHPian

For 1.5 Lac you can go for a sparingly used 1.6 Fiat Adventure ( some 30-40 K) done. Zen and Esteems ( especially old ones) will not be fun to drive for long drives. Baleno and City are way out off your budget.
Old 19th July 2009, 13:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Obviously selling. I sold it for 50K. The going rate was around 90K in Goa. Luckily the guy didn't realise that.
Was just kidding. I have owned about 4 RD's in a span of about 5 years, so I do know the love hate relationship. Would actually like to get back to RD if get a chance. BTW what do specs are your RD, HT/LT?
Old 19th July 2009, 13:24   #50
BANNED

Mine is a HT. Still is stock condition. Just painted once. The chrome is still original and shining.
Old 19th July 2009, 13:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a HT. Still is stock condition. Just painted once. The chrome is still original and shining.
Then I suggest put your money on the RD. Do up the exhaust port, Cylinder Head and may be a custom exhaust to enjoy the seat of the pants feel.

Cheers
Old 20th July 2009, 09:49   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Then I suggest put your money on the RD. Do up the exhaust port, Cylinder Head and may be a custom exhaust to enjoy the seat of the pants feel.
Cheers
Thanks but I prefer to keep it stock. That's the beauty of the bike, maintaining it in showroom condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Knight View Post
For 1.5 Lac you can go for a sparingly used 1.6 Fiat Adventure ( some 30-40 K) done. Zen and Esteems ( especially old ones) will not be fun to drive for long drives. Baleno and City are way out off your budget.
Checked out 2 Baleno's yesterday and also an OHC. Really disappointed with the Baleno. The OHC is way ahead. I think I'll hike my budget and opt for an OHC. Surprisingly there are hardly any Palio's and Petra's in the market. One broker said that a year back there were plenty. Now nobody is selling. The OHC was a very well kept one. Absolutely no mods. He's asking for 2.5 Lakhs. Hope to get it down to 2 Lakhs.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks but I prefer to keep it stock. That's the beauty of the bike, maintaining it in showroom condition.

Checked out 2 Baleno's yesterday and also an OHC. Really disappointed with the Baleno. The OHC is way ahead. I think I'll hike my budget and opt for an OHC. Surprisingly there are hardly any Palio's and Petra's in the market. One broker said that a year back there were plenty. Now nobody is selling. The OHC was a very well kept one. Absolutely no mods. He's asking for 2.5 Lakhs. Hope to get it down to 2 Lakhs.
I agree totally with your observation that the true beauty of the RD comes out when kept in immaculate stock condition.

Keep an eagle eye out on this forum, particularly the classifeds, 3 Palio GTXs were bought (& sold) here in as many months. There is one car in Coonor that is likely to come up for sale sometime soon. Check the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...over-mind.html (Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind).

You can also try the Yahoo Groups - Palio Users Group for cars to sell.

Cheers,
Old 20th July 2009, 12:44   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Keep an eagle eye out on this forum, particularly the classifeds, 3 Palio GTXs were bought (& sold) here in as many months. There is one car in Coonor that is likely to come up for sale sometime soon.
You can also try the Yahoo Groups - Palio Users Group for cars to sell.
Actually I want to buy from Goa itself as registration will be a headache. Don't want to waste time getting NOC's, tax refunds etc.
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:02   #55
BANNED

I just saw a 2002 OHC 1.5 for sale on the papers for sale today. Going to check it out. The owner is quoting 2.75 negotiable. How much should I offer if the car is good. He says the car is perfect, not a scratch as good as showroom condition. Done 40K kms. Single owner.
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:23   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I just saw a 2002 OHC 1.5 for sale on the papers for sale today. Going to check it out. The owner is quoting 2.75 negotiable. How much should I offer if the car is good. He says the car is perfect, not a scratch as good as showroom condition. Done 40K kms. Single owner.
Check New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com Good starting point for negotiation.
Old 26th July 2009, 12:26   #57
BANNED

Well checked out the car. It's in immaculate condition. Finalised for 2.5 Lakhs. Will pay and collect next week.
Old 26th July 2009, 13:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Mate! Would like to hear your story once you get the ride.

Cheers
Old 26th July 2009, 17:41   #59
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well checked out the car. It's in immaculate condition. Finalised for 2.5 Lakhs. Will pay and collect next week.
Congrats! Will look forward to your review and pics
Old 12th August 2009, 23:29   #60
BANNED

Oh I forgot to update this thread. I did collect the car and have used it quite a bit. I also took this opportunity to get my Swift into the garage to fix a lot of issues. they took a week to do it and I was glad to have the OHC to use. Otherwise I would have to use the old Alto which has been abused by my office staff.
The OHC was a good buy. No problems absolutely. Didn't have to spend anything. The seller even got the interior cleaning and polishing done.
Now comes the difficult part. Yesterday a guy stopped me on the road and asked if the car was for sale. I said no. He said he was ready to pay 2.7 lakhs. I turned down the offer. He left me his number and said to call him if I changed my mind. Now I am in a dilemma. What to do?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks