Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 12:26   #16
BANNED

Hey what's going on here? The last post is not mine. Looks like someone logged in to my id and posted. How the hell did that happen? Need to be careful of cyber cafe's. Mods please delete the previous post as I have got nothing to do with it.
Old 15th July 2009, 12:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Hi. I currently drive a Swift VDi. I bought this car as I do extensive driving for my work and require the economy of a Diesel. The Swift was the best option then. I've just completed a Lakh km on it. I'm not selling it just now but I'm looking for a fun to drive car for weekends. The car has to be a petrol (sedan or hatch), second hand and cheap.
I have shortlisted
-Baleno
-Ikon 1.6
-Palio GTX
-Honda City
Any suggestions?
The car will be used only on weekends. No mods planned. Maybe later so I'd like to keep that option open. Are there any other car which may suit the requirement. Lastly I would not like to exceed a budget of 1.5 Lakh. Please don't suggest a Swift Petrol.
For your budget , non of the above car will be in good shape, including the engines. Pluse spare to the ford and fiat are hard to come by in goa. So only option is baleno or city.
Other cars cars would be the old zen [plus big engine],esteem or a accent1.5L/1.6l. The accent is not that sporty but looking at your needs I think you should take a look at it,If your not into really fast cars or modifying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious55 View Post
Hey what's going on here? The last post is not mine. Looks like someone logged in to my id and posted. How the hell did that happen? Need to be careful of cyber cafe's. Mods please delete the previous post as I have got nothing to do with it.
I was wondering how you posted all the replies?
Old 15th July 2009, 12:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Time to change password
Old 15th July 2009, 16:06   #19
BHPian

For just fun on weekends, why don't you try Esteem ??
Its preferably better choice that Ikon.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:16   #20
BHPian

+1 to great drive.
if youi need a boot go for the petra/sienna in the 1.6 avataar.
power full,spacious sedan and fun to drive as well.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

i dont think there is any car on offer for that budget which is FTD. I mean - if u want to buy an old 800 then fine. but otherwise u need to rework your budget before going any further..

or may be an autorickshaw ? for some "1 rear wheel up" action
Old 15th July 2009, 16:41   #22
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also consider an E-Zen.
The Zen is a great second hand car to buy if maintained properly by its owner. A colleague has a 2'nd hand Zen (MPFI 2000 version) and it still drives beautifully
Old 15th July 2009, 16:43   #23
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
an autorickshaw ? for some "1 rear wheel up" action
Nice for the driver. Not so nice for 'em passengers
Old 15th July 2009, 16:50   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Hey that post is mine. I posted from CCD in Margao. Free Wireless Broadband. Did you use that computer earlier today? My fault, I didn't bother to check but you might have checked on the remember me box on the login page. If I only knew there was a BHPian in CCD. I guess the post should be deleted and I repost. How can it be done?
Old 15th July 2009, 17:14   #25
BHPian

hey furious5.5 dont forget to logggoff after you use a cyber system.

lucky it wasnt your mailbox
Old 15th July 2009, 19:53   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Hey that post is mine. I posted from CCD in Margao. Free Wireless Broadband. Did you use that computer earlier today? My fault, I didn't bother to check but you might have checked on the remember me box on the login page. If I only knew there was a BHPian in CCD. I guess the post should be deleted and I repost. How can it be done?
I did use the computer yesterday evening. There was a power cut just as I was logging off. Probably didn't log off properly
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3NZ1L View Post
hey furious5.5 dont forget to logggoff after you use a cyber system.

lucky it wasnt your mailbox
Yea. Lucky. Good it was another BHPian. Anyway it's nothing to worry now.
Old 15th July 2009, 22:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

All the cars you have selected are real driver cars.

Honda City will be the best for you as its a good car and reasonable to maintain but I am not sure if one can get a good city for 1.5 in Goa... also you may get a lancer for that price.. as the resale is not as good as city but in my opinion its the best one among the lot (I am not talking about 0-100 but this is my opinion after having driven all of these cars.

It doent mean Palio and Ikon aren't good... they are but they will certainly be expensive to maintain. I dont think a good baleno will be available in the same budget.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th July 2009 at 22:37.
Old 15th July 2009, 22:41   #28
BANNED

Looks like I have to add the Lancer, Accent and Esteem to my list. How is the situation with parts for these 2 cars. What about an Opel Corsa?
Old 15th July 2009, 22:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
........I'm looking for a fun to drive car for weekends. The car has to be a petrol (sedan or hatch), second hand and cheap.
I have shortlisted
-Baleno
-Ikon 1.6
-Palio GTX
-Honda City
Any suggestions?
The car will be used only on weekends. No mods planned. Maybe later so I'd like to keep that option open. Are there any other car which may suit the requirement. Lastly I would not like to exceed a budget of 1.5 Lakh. Please don't suggest a Swift Petrol.
The best bet amongst that lot is the Palio GTX. You will get one in great condition for that price. One car that you seem to have missed is the Fiesta 1.6 sport.

The OHC VTEC is an option, but it might exceed your budget.

Cheers,
Old 15th July 2009, 23:21   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
The best bet amongst that lot is the Palio GTX. You will get one in great condition for that price. One car that you seem to have missed is the Fiesta 1.6 sport.

The OHC VTEC is an option, but it might exceed your budget.

Cheers,
Will I get a Fiesta at that price? Looks unlikely.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks