Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 12:02   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
1) Following calculations
2) Torque in Diesel as suggested by bottle above
3) Resale Value - Its evident that Resale value of MJD is always higher than Petrol & in all probabilities, it would stay like that.

The decision depends on individual requirements/ preferences. e.g. I don't have any poreference to point 1 & 2 above & had another strong reason for going for petrol.
Sorry for typo. Its to be read I don't have any preferences to Point no. 2 & Point 3 (resale). I only did the break-even calculations which I suggested to another potential buyer in that thread
Old 24th June 2009, 12:06   #17
BHPian

Although the diesels have more torque as compared to petrol, I don't like them because of the non linear nature of their response (turbo-lag).
I would say petrols are easier to drive in city.
Diesel is probably better for ghats and all.

Also Linea petrol has good pulling power (enough torgue).
I travelled with 5 friends in my Linea (6 ppl total), AC full blast and it pulled cleanly in 2nd gear from almost standstill position.
And that automatic AC throttling based on load is a really useful feature.

Last edited by neotraveller : 24th June 2009 at 12:08.
Old 24th June 2009, 12:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Low end torque vs high end power: That about sums up the difference between the driving Diesels and petrols. It is a matter of personal choice that depends on driving style. I drive both and enjoy both with some partiality towards the petrol.

A/c. does go off by itself in Fiats, one need not manually switch it off for overtaking etc. This feature has been a constant from the days of the Premier Padmini - my 1989 BE DX A/c. had that, so did the Premier 118NE, in these two cars the cut off was via a micro switch which cut off the A/c. when the accelerator pedal was floored. The Palio too has a cut off but, I think it is via the ECU. That being said, with 90 BHP on tap, does one need the A/c. to go off? I would like to disable this feature on my GTX - help and suggestions on how to do this are welcome.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks