Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 21:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Since you have been happy with TATA, I suggest you wait for the Indigo Vista. That is of course if you really want a sedan. Remember the Indica Vista is a quite spacious and so is the boot. The only advantage with the Indigo Vista will be a bigger boot. It depends how much luggage space you want.
The Indica Vista boot space in less than an indica. Also he needs a sedan . so wait for the Indigo vista/CS or the Dzire. Waiting period for both will be equal

As for petrol or diesel .. this forum is full of sage advise (and excel sheets) on this issue.
Old 30th May 2009, 21:30   #17
BHPian

Indigo Vista - counting for release !

Regarding petrol or diesel, let me tell my requirements and then you suggest :

Period of ownership : not more than 5 years
Monthly run : About 1000 Km
Power factor : Good BHP is a must, primary criteria !
A/C usage : A/C button on my Indica got stuck as it was not used for years i.e A/C always On at full blast

I am also a kind of driver who loves to rev and hear the noise of engine ! On my XETA 1.2 I upshift at 4000 rpm , leaving all other even Indica Turbos eating the dust...

To sum up , I need both power and mileage , plus refinement.
Old 30th May 2009, 21:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel12345 View Post
Indigo Vista - counting for release !

Regarding petrol or diesel, let me tell my requirements and then you suggest :

Period of ownership : not more than 5 years
Monthly run : About 1000 Km
Power factor : Good BHP is a must, primary criteria !
A/C usage : A/C button on my Indica got stuck as it was not used for years i.e A/C always On at full blast

I am also a kind of driver who loves to rev and hear the noise of engine ! On my XETA 1.2 I upshift at 4000 rpm , leaving all other even Indica Turbos eating the dust...

To sum up , I need both power and mileage , plus refinement.
I think you should go for the diesel and QJD would suit your style. If buying the car is not an urgency, it would be wise to wait for the Indigo Vista. I have the Indica Vista Aura QJD.Everything is fine except the AC. Hope TATAs correct the problem in the Indigo Vista.
Old 30th May 2009, 22:35   #19
BHPian

Man , you are complaining about AC on Vista ? You should get a 1.5 ton AC fitted on your car. Vista's AC is damn good , if chilling is not that good , then contact Service Center guys - you can ask them for a ride to show them your exact problem.

Why should not the FIRE engine suit my style ? I love it !
Old 31st May 2009, 02:57   #20
BHPian

My options in order of priority would be
Ikon - More car for less price. Slightly dated looks yes, but still great value for money.
Swift - Good car, but a lil cramped. Good drivers car.
Vista - Whatever improvements TATA may have made, i wouldnt go for it. No Tata for me.
Old 31st May 2009, 08:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

AHEM! An Indica TCIC will out-drag a xeta 1.2
Old 31st May 2009, 12:13   #22
BHPian

My dear... I have driven Indica Turbo , there is a slight Turbo lag below 1800 RPM , the turbo kicks in at 2000 RPM , but you can feel the real thrill above 2500+ RPM range.

When competing signal to signal , my XETA takes over the Turbo , as in petrol we don't have anything called Turbo lag. So XETA overtakes the Turbo in first geear , in 3rd / 2nd gear of course the Turbo can overtake my XETA , but the speed at which I drive is...

I have even pushed RPM to 6200 in my 1.4, nothing much happpened , except that I won a drag with a Swift !
Old 31st May 2009, 12:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

thats because you're not used to getting the max out of the turbo

yup, in the city, the turbo does lose out initially, but once the turbo gets going ...

Here are the times

Times - Xeta - Turbo
0-60 --- 6.55 - 7.14 (Xeta wins)
0-100-- 16.95-15.45(Turbo wins)
Top Spd 152 - 154 (Turbo wins)
20-80 -- 15.25 16.69(Xeta wins)
40-100- 25.60 20.93(Turbo wins)

As you can see, like you said , the xeta will be the first off the blocks, but the turbo will win eventually
Old 31st May 2009, 12:56   #24
BHPian

On highway, while climbing up , XETA climbs faster - that's where Turbo also looses out.

It is only when the question of ' maxing out your car ' comes , that Turbo wins.

1.2 XETA engine has less pickup than 1.4 XETA , but the 1.2 is much more refined , responsive. I find that I can handle the 1.2 much better than the 1.4.

XETA is such a good hatchback for the city ( and highways too ) but don't know why I see very few XETA on the roads.

Back to topic , I took a complete U turn and changed my mind from a sedan to hatchback - the one n only Honda Jazz. I have to extend my budget , but as said earlier - engine is primary ! I-VTEC !!!
Old 31st May 2009, 13:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

I would have waited for the grande punto if I were you .

The jazz really is not worth it. You're just spending extra for the badge snobbery - something quite unexpected from a tata customer.

hah! the xeta has a peaky 10.2Nm at 2600 rpm, while the turbo has 13kgm all the way from 1800 to 3000 rpm ( thats more than half the rev band , and no maxing out of the car involved) , so the turbo should be better at hill climbing as well. I've driven a GLS as well. But I dont want to get into a race or anything :P
Old 31st May 2009, 13:55   #26
BHPian

I am not a TATA customer for their VFM cars , but for the power , luxury and comfort which is best in its class in TATA cars. Even XETA interiors are more posh than Swift ! Whatever money I have , I always want to buy a car that will offer the best power , luxury and comfy in it's class. Honda is offering that in Jazz , so I am willing to buy it. Jazz is larger than GETZ CRDI , so I would prefer a Jazz over Getz. Jazz is 3900 mm in length - even more than a Indigo CS ! Honda City out of budget.

Just received a call from a friend , he says ' Get an Optra ( sedan ) for the price of Jazz'

Now it's Optra V/S Jazz.

Please guide me !
Old 31st May 2009, 14:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even XETA interiors are more posh than Swift !
First Time I've heard someone say that. I know that you love your car, but lets be realistic here , unless you are talking about the interior space.
Regarding the optra, obviously, buying a GM product at the moment is a gamble
Old 31st May 2009, 14:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
My dear... I have driven Indica Turbo , there is a slight Turbo lag below 1800 RPM , the turbo kicks in at 2000 RPM , but you can feel the real thrill above 2500+ RPM range.

When competing signal to signal , my XETA takes over the Turbo , as in petrol we don't have anything called Turbo lag. So XETA overtakes the Turbo in first geear , in 3rd / 2nd gear of course the Turbo can overtake my XETA , but the speed at which I drive is...

I have even pushed RPM to 6200 in my 1.4, nothing much happpened , except that I won a drag with a Swift !
Indica won a drag from Swift

This comes from someone who owned tata cars for 10 yrs. Before switching over to Swift for better !

As per your query, I would suggest you to go for Dzire:
Pros : Much better driver's car/Overall refinement/built quality/far less maintaininace (Yes, I mean it)
Cons: Cramped rear leg room

Also there is an excellent offer going on Ford Fiesta, they have launched a limited edition just for 5.5 lac (ex-showroom), that makes it excellent value for money proposition.
Old 31st May 2009, 14:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Man , you are complaining about AC on Vista ? You should get a 1.5 ton AC fitted on your car. Vista's AC is damn good , if chilling is not that good , then contact Service Center guys - you can ask them for a ride to show them your exact problem.

Why should not the FIRE engine suit my style ? I love it !
Hey... do contact the service center. even i had a complaint with my AC. the service center detected that my thermo stat was cutting off at 7.1C where as it should actually cut off at 4.9-5.1 . The service guyz refilled the gas and did some cleansing of some wire (probably thermostat) under the dash . This has actually done wonders
Old 31st May 2009, 15:22   #30
BHPian

Don't know what others think , but personally I like XETA'S beige interiors more than swift.

I can't decide which one to buy !

What about VERNA ? Good looking , GREAT power , fits all requirements but I will have to renovate and extend by garage a bit for Verna that does add to the cost. Any inputs ??

Last edited by neel12345 : 31st May 2009 at 15:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks