Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 11:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Yes, But i will wait for Altis diesel which is due this year with Yaris engine?
Yup mostly the 1.4 turbo diesel that is plonked in the Yaris. Most websites
say mid 2009. But we been hearing more of the Outlander for Sept launch. Not much reports on Altis diesel. But im too expecting it to be out soon!!
Old 17th April 2009, 13:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Autocar says Altis diesel will be out this year in India. I am eager to see the engine specs of Diesel Altis. Innova is a good option, but it is too big for me since my parking area is limited.
Cars like Altis/ SX4/ Linea does take almost the same depth of your garage. I personally have seen that Innova and SX4 is almost of same length. So Altis would take much longer space bud.

For a running of 1000kms why dont you try SX4 also? The ground clearance is for sure best.
Old 17th April 2009, 13:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
That's not the right way to think and go. Team-bhp is not against Skoda. How can an automotive forum be against any thing that's automotive!?

You are fully aware of Skoda's after sales problems, but if it satisfies your requirement's and you like the product, then go for it.
+1

look at your requirements, the car, the A.S.S in your city/locality and then take a decision.
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:48   #19
BHPian

funda2max-

your requirement is only Diesel and with good ground clearence.
why not test drive Fusion +(ABS), it has good ground clearance and also good engine.

you have been driving Sedan for over 2 years and look at moving to SUV and Fusion though is not a complete SUV it given the feeling of driving a small SUV

-MUKE
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
funda2max-

your requirement is only Diesel and with good ground clearence.
why not test drive Fusion +(ABS), it has good ground clearance and also good engine.

you have been driving Sedan for over 2 years and look at moving to SUV and Fusion though is not a complete SUV it given the feeling of driving a small SUV

-MUKE
Muke, It is going to get phased out soon and again it has the same 1.4 TDCi with 64BHP.
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:26   #21
BHPian

Fusion Phasing out , did you got the info from reliable source?

move on to bigger segment, if you going for sedan again i might well ask you to stay with fiesta for some more time and wait until we get Cruze to try out.

honestly speaking we have got very limited sedans in diesel to choose from.
it is either Ford fiesta, Hyundai verna, Skoda octavia, Linea , Logan, Jetta,
for the price range upto 14 lacs.

If you are already riding Fiesta you may not willing to go for Logan, Verna but you may think of Octavia(again looks dated), linea or Jetta.

Verna-Crdi is definetely having great diesel engine but there are reviews about the handling not so satisfactory on highways.

you may look at Safari 2.2 VTT (which i am currently looking at buying one), you may not like the fit and finish and plastics when you compare fiesta but you will like this beast by the time you complete the test drive.
Initially i was not looking for Safari but one test drive i took for 15 kms changed all my perceptions about this vehicle and it is so tempting to drive drive drive and continue to drive safari (safari owners will ouch for this..)

-MUKE
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:51   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You want to sell your Fiesta in less than 2 years of ownership? Go through this thread carefully! At the least, hold on to her for another couple of years and then upgrade to the latest available.

Another wise alternative would be a lateral upgrade : Sell your Fiesta & pick up a pristine used diesel.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:27   #23
BHPian

If you do get a used good condition car, maybe you can get a merc (dont know for sure), if not it then deifinatly a good luxary car.

@topic
i feel these are the best 3
ANHC - great car in every aspect, every! its ground clearance isnt that bad also.
Civic - again a great car, but bigger than the city, the ground clearance is more than the city, 10mm more.
Innova - great car just like the rest, even better for long drives, actually one of the best with this price range.

You can also consider a skoda, not a bad choice, but i would say choose it only if you have a reliable independent garage guy.

Now one more thing, why do you want to sell? for th increase in low end torque, get a free flow. it will definatly increase it, for the low ground clearance, get coil overs or better springs, basicly better suspension. you could also get a new air filter and a tri-phase, also get strut braces if you buy all these things total will come under 80k or maybe less and you car will be more stable, more agile and faster. The fiesta is a great car and only 2 years isnt much, check these few things and maybe you would want to stay with the car.
Old 23rd April 2009, 18:54   #24
BANNED

Quote:
1) Engine Refinement and Mileage
Is the Fiesta having pathetic FE ?
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:55   #25
BHPian

No dude, the fiesta has a very great FE, 20 kmpl on highways or more, 15 in city with a/c in normal driving conditions.
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:06   #26

Hasnt Skoda dropped the prices of the Octavia to under 10lakh (ex-showroom) recently. Why not try the Octavia then? Just my 2 cents..
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:10   #27
BHPian

For a moment thought, this thread is about the all new FIESTA launch.

Innova is what comes to my mind.
Old 5th May 2009, 12:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
Fusion Phasing out , did you got the info from reliable source?
-MUKE
Yes, i read in an interview with Ford India MD Mr.Michael Boneham recently. I can't remember where i read, but it is true.
Old 5th May 2009, 13:08   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
For a moment thought, this thread is about the all new FIESTA launch.
, even i thought the same.

Quote:
Yes, i read in an interview with Ford India MD Mr.Michael Boneham recently. I can't remember where i read, but it is true.
Well, its about time they phased out fusion. It never seemed like a popular and well sold car. Hope they come up with something with better lines than this crass looking car.

Selling under 2 years would be a major loss due to depreciation and also finance pay-out will take a hit ( if its under EMI). If you can wait, then sell after some more time.

My suggestion for replacement would be a Verna D with better tyres and it will be well below your budget, you will then know what a slow car you have been driving

Even Skoda 1.9TDI will be a nice option as it will fetch you a good resale but maintenance maybe expensive.

Dont want to suggest the chevy as resale is the pits
Old 11th May 2009, 12:06   #30
JRD
BHPian

Magnum would be a good upgrade. I think the price is about 10Lacs. Cruze is coming but would be around 12 to 14lacs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks