Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 00:19   #1
BHPian

Does it make sense to buy NHC now?

In my search for a sedan, I just popped in my local Hoda dealership in Kolkata last weekend and found that the NHC ZX Exi (not ANHC) is now being offered at 6,82,000 (ex showroom). I looked for Exi with Grey interiors as I have two kids who takes the rear seats as their extended playroom. Exi now comes with
- Body coloured ORVM
- Standard CD player (clarion?) that used to come with Gxi earlier
- Standard Honda Alloys
- Fog lamps
- Insurance is free
- Free 2 year extended warranty (3rd & 4th).

The dealer is provoiding
- Free antirust protection
- Free paint protection
- Mats

I am currently using a Indica V2 DLS. I was satisfied with the TD, understand the limitations of the NHC and most of my driving will be in city. I would like to know:
- Does it make sense to buy NHC Zx now?
- Is the offer good enough? Any idea about offers from other dealers around the country?
- Is Honda service and spares expensive?
- Can any real owner verify that the resale of Honda is better in real life? Say I sale it after 4-5 years what can I expect?
Old 15th December 2008, 11:38   #2
BHPian

I forgot to mention, 50% of the time, the car will be driven by me and 50% by the driver, who does the family run.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

@VooDoo - Look around at the prices of 2004 NHC's and you will get your resale value, minus some 20Kish.
Since you are planning on keeping it for long, go for it. it is much better VFM than the new one, has better interiors, is more comfortable and I think it should give a better FE as well.
Honda should be producing parts for another 10-15 years as well.
Now services aren't that expensive. Around 2-3K per service.
However, parts might be expensive.
Old 15th December 2008, 15:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Voodoo - if your question is " I like this car - but is this the right time to buy it " ? then the answer is definetly YES

resale values of HONDA are definetly much much better than comparable cars. for e.g I have an OHC - 2001 model - it commands somewhere between 50-75k premium over a 2001 Lancer ( which was sold as competition to OHC at that time ). so 4-5 years down the line , you will find the NHC ZX commanding a much better price than SX4, VERNA etc etc

just one bit of advice - if you are not particular about alloys, Free antirust protection
Free paint protection just ask for a cash discount from the dealer

the free protection are all just not worth it at all. and alloys - you can always save up and buy alloys of your choice 2-3 yrs down the line. so ask for a straight price cut in lieu of these
Old 15th December 2008, 15:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

@Voodoo- NHC is still a good buy. Wait till last week Dec , thats when Honda would like to clear most of the stock of NHC. My advice keep a close eye on the discount your dealer offers on regular basis.

1. As i said NHC is still a good buy if you could bargain for big discounts.
2. Dealers are not quoting big discounts right now, thats also making it tough for them to clear old stock of NHC. I think they will start giving better discounts in weeks to come.
3. Honda spares are decently priced from what i heard.
4. Honda cars do fetch brilliant resale. To know more just check carwale or any other site for Honda city resale value.
Old 15th December 2008, 15:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

NHC - no harm in buying now. At 6.8L ex showroom, i think its still pretty high. They have to give a better discount on an end of the life product - and if you wait for a few weeks - you may get it.
Old 15th December 2008, 17:51   #7
BHPian

Well, as advised, I will hold on for one more week before I decide. BTW, talked to my Bro, who bought a ZX Gxi on Sep 2006 for 7.37L. So, the prices hasn't really come down much (not considering the inflation etc.).

Obviously, he didn't have alloys, fog lamps etc..
Old 15th December 2008, 19:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey there are some pretty good discounts on the NHC. As members pointed out, ask for cash discount. Its a good car and extremely easy to drive especially in city conditions.

Wait for another week when some new discounts could be announced. And don't take finance from any of the banks the dealer mentions. Go for nationalized ones.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:26   #9
BHPian

Just bumped into another thread from JKdas, posted on 23rd Nov 2005 https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...tml#post145009 (Nhc OR Nhc ZX) where there was a discussion on the Ex Showroom prices. What a similarity!

Prices as of Nov 2005 Prices as of Dec 2008
City : BANGALORE City : KOLKATA
City ZX EXi : Rs.682,066 City ZX EXi : Rs.682,000
City ZX GXi : Rs.728,700 City ZX GXi : Rs.739,000
City ZX CVT : Rs.788,305 City ZX CVT : Rs.792,000
City ZX VTEC : Rs.808,854 City ZX VTEC+ : Rs.866,000

How do we interpret this?
1. Honda has been able to control the price to offer the same price after 3 years.
OR
2. Honda has been successful in sustaining the myth to sale the city at the same price even now.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:44   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The NHC is worth that amount with more discounts, if available.Its resale value is quite OK. A 3 year used NHC in good condition fetches something above Rs 5L. And mind you there are buyers for old Honda cars unlike Lancers,Palios, Petras and so on.Honda cars are next best demand wise, to smaller cars from Marutis and Hyundais in the second hand car market.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

There was another thread by esteem_lover with the same query/subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
At 6.8L ex showroom, i think its still pretty high. They have to give a better discount on an end of the life product - and if you wait for a few weeks - you may get it.
Agree 100%.
6.8L ex-showroom would mean something like 7.4L on road, which I think anyway was their original pre-ANHC price for the lowest model NHC.
So, fail to see what the big deal about the price is here.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 15th December 2008 at 19:48.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
In my search for a sedan, I just popped in my local Hoda dealership in Kolkata last weekend and found that the NHC ZX Exi (not ANHC) is now being offered at 6,82,000 (ex showroom). I looked for Exi with Grey interiors as I have two kids who takes the rear seats as their extended playroom. Exi now comes with
- Body coloured ORVM
- Standard CD player (clarion?) that used to come with Gxi earlier
- Standard Honda Alloys
- Fog lamps
- Insurance is free
- Free 2 year extended warranty (3rd & 4th).

The dealer is provoiding
- Free antirust protection
- Free paint protection
- Mats

I am currently using a Indica V2 DLS. I was satisfied with the TD, understand the limitations of the NHC and most of my driving will be in city. I would like to know:
- Does it make sense to buy NHC Zx now?
- Is the offer good enough? Any idea about offers from other dealers around the country?
- Is Honda service and spares expensive?
- Can any real owner verify that the resale of Honda is better in real life? Say I sale it after 4-5 years what can I expect?
I think it's a good deal now - Everybody seems to be focussed on the price but look at the value you are getting:
CD Player - about 10k (more if it's an Alpine)
Honda Alloys - 15k (end of life cycle discounted price for 5, otherwise they were 25-30k)
Fog lamps - about 15k
1st year insurance about 20k, if Im not mistaken
Extended warranty 8k
Total: 68k
All this was extra in the Exi. Heck, some of them were extras on the Gxi as well. And they are all useful things. The fogs and alloys are not absolute essentials but they are nice to have. I think you should go for it.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream
I think it's a good deal now - Everybody seems to be focussed on the price but look at the value you are getting:
Oops, yes. I guess I just looked at the price and overlooked the goodies that come with the low-end model. Sorry about that.
Old 15th December 2008, 22:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

The NHC i still a great buy dude, it has more space and better interiors than the ANHC, My suggestion would be to try and find a new GXi model, the interiors are just a class apart from the EXi, also, if u are going in for the EXi, try to cancel the alloys and get a discount instead of that, you can always go in for better alloys aftermarket!
Old 16th December 2008, 11:16   #15
BHPian

Not sure if alloys can be traded for cash as it seems that all the Zxs are now coming with alloys, not something the dealer is fitting as all the dealers are offering the same allow wheels.
The first set of goodies in my post are all probably provided by Honda.

Anyway, there is no harm in trying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks