Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 06:39   #16
BHPian

the morning has arrived and im waiting to get to the ford showroom.will keep you guys updated about the decision.btw is there any other cars il have to be on the look out in either of the classes..
Old 8th December 2008, 07:37   #17
BHPian

Yeah..you are right. They are two different categories altogether. But the Fiesta would score over the Swift D IMHO.
The driving pleasure of the 1.6 is something to be experienced. Swift is good too, but wouldn't better the Fiesta. In addition, you get better interiors and a good rear seat in the Fiesta, everyone knows about the cramped space of the Swift. You also get a boot and a sedan instead of a hatchback. Though its a petrol, I guess the mileage isn't too bad. Nevertheless, if you are looking at saving fuel costs and don't mind the lack of boot space and cramped rear, the Swift may be in the reckoning.
I would go with the Fiesta though, especially because of the great discounts on offer.

Last edited by Vivek.Martin : 8th December 2008 at 07:38. Reason: Text was displaying some codes in between
Old 8th December 2008, 13:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post
Though its a petrol, I guess the mileage isn't too bad.
Guys I agree, I have a Fiesta 1.6S, on a minimum in city with spirited driving with 100% A/C it's given me 10.2kmpl. That too often with long waits in traffic jams with the AC on and quite often driving in slow city traffic in low gears. Mind you, the 1.6S has broader 195 width tyres, so the ZXI with thinner rubber should give more.

So it all depends on what's your monthly running and how much you intend to drive in a month.
Old 8th December 2008, 15:24   #19
BHPian

at last..decided on the..

finally the time has come.i went to the showroom as mentioned before.did a detailed inquiry and experience and confirmed a booking for the paprika red ZXi and will be getting it on thursday(11 dec).the journey has started and can be followed at..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1083818

thanks to everyone who helped me with this decision.cheers:
Old 9th December 2008, 23:23   #20
BHPian

ariendj, why do you think the S version is less comfortable in the rear seat?? both the ZXi and S do not have the rear seat armrest, which is available only in the SXi...
if money aint a constraint, go for the S.. trust me, it's gorgeous!! your folks'll love it too (the way mine do! )
cheerz
Old 11th December 2008, 23:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
ariendj, why do you think the S version is less comfortable in the rear seat?? both the ZXi and S do not have the rear seat armrest, which is available only in the SXi...
if money aint a constraint, go for the S.. trust me, it's gorgeous!! your folks'll love it too (the way mine do! )
cheerz
i dont think i ever told S version is less comfy.i realy would have opted for your same color but the budget would go above what i could manage for now.
btw the ZXi does have rear armrest like SXi but not the EXi.
and im planning to do few mods once i get the car and one more thing..hows the ICE in the S type??
Old 11th December 2008, 23:39   #22
BHPian

ICE is okay.. just love the head unit (simply gorgeous!)
regarding the speakers, there are 4 in the front and 2 in the rear.. although the mid level is adequate, bass definitely is not.. though i mainly listen to classic rock so it suits me fine...
p.s. - i don't have it in blue, that's just the avatar... mine is white...

Last edited by arsenik : 11th December 2008 at 23:51.
Old 12th December 2008, 06:48   #23
BHPian

i really like the OE HU but the dealer told me,fitting after market from ford will not have the aux-in feature which is something i really want.
and sad part about fiesta's front console is that it does not have the size to take in any double din HU.
they were planning for kenwood 339 HU in their kit but i guess i want a little different configuration.
btw arsenik,could you take a picture of the spoiler from behind?i would like to use it as reference if im getting the spoiler from outside.thanks..

Last edited by ariendj : 12th December 2008 at 06:52.
Old 12th December 2008, 07:25   #24
BHPian

Fiesta is an awesome drivers car.As i am proud owner of Fiesta 1.6S i would say you will love this car.Mileage is not bad.In Trivandrum city it is giving around 10-11.5kml.Highways 15-16kml.So dont worry about the mileage side.Nice choice man.Enjoy it.
Old 21st December 2008, 00:03   #25
BHPian

just wondering...is there any thread that compares the fiesta 1.6 petrol with the verna petrol.my friend wanted to know about it!!
if anyone can reply with links,would be helpful.
(i dint find much using the search option-most of them were comparing the diesels)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks