Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2005, 14:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

Well, possibly the cheapest mix of interior space and FE would be the Tata Marina. You can't find more interior space anywhere for the money.

HOWEVER,
Quote:
I'd say budget is not really a constraint.
I would say go for the Octavia 1.9TDi. Great FE, solid build and great resale value. I would have said the Elantra as well, but that appears to be a depreciation disaster.

If that is too large and you want something a bit smaller for town, why not look at the Accent CRDi?

As for your kids standing on the back seat, this is not a practice you should encourage as any sudden braking would send him flying into the front seatbacks. Suggest you buy a good baby seat and let him get used to sitting in it.

P.s. Welcome to T-BHP! Nice to hear of your great initial impression of the site.
Old 18th March 2005, 20:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
If that is too large and you want something a bit smaller for town, why not look at the Accent CRDi?
Now how could I forget that one? wondering....

Yeah, letting kids stand on the seats is a strict no-no. He will get hurt like rtech pointed out.

Drifter
Old 19th March 2005, 14:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
But your requirements for space and economy and a sturdy car...shifts the balance to the indigo diesel. Its got decent performance and good FE and is massively comfortable.
Its got its weak points as well....the vague gearshift, not really performance oriented, plastics feel cheap.
But all these quality issues are quite bearable...but ofcourse could be better.
Drifty

the vehicle is gonna be chauffer driven. so the gearshift no performance dont really count. The indigo it is ....

cheers
Old 19th March 2005, 15:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

oh yeah the driver is there. Pick up the indigo then.

Drifter
Old 19th March 2005, 15:12   #20
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
hey RJ, why do u suggest an indica or an indigo given the requirements of FE and space? I'd say that an indigo would be the better option.
Hey Deeps,

Unless the additional boot space is necessary, I don't see the reason to buy the Indigo. Because I believe that from April onwards Indica is going to get a Turbo as well & Indigo has marginally more space than the Indica. And I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that Indica is by no means cramped. I used to have one & was quite delighted at the humongous space in the car.
Old 20th March 2005, 16:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well, the only reason i was surprised is because the Indigo is more spacious than the indica and since space was the top priority. But i do see your point. Since the car will mostly be driven by a driver, i guess going for the extra spoace at the expense of size shouldn't really be a deterrent.

PSamn, i thought that the turbo indica was already launched a while back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks