Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 10:11   #121
Senior - BHPian

Got a benefit from my Company.
They will ready to provide me a car within 15 lakhs budget.
I have checked and TDed Skoda octavia and Laura Ambiente version.
I love to owning a skoda especially Laura.
Car is amazing and build like a tank.
Driving in city and highway is breeze.
No Turbo Lag.Acceleration is linear like Fiesta.
It goes upto 200 kmph very easily and has some power in reserve.
as i enquired,it gives 13-14 Kmpl and 17-19 Kmpl in City and Highway respectively(ya it's with AC 100%).
But i am afraid of A.S.S and maintenance.
i have tow things in mind.
1.Buy a fiesta Sxi Diesel and add Sun roof,Spoilers,Alloys,Tyre Upgrade,Reverse Sensor(Front and Back).But still it comes closer to 11Lakhs only.I lose some 4 Lakhs as my Company promised to give.

2.Buy a Skoda Laura Ambiente 1.9 .It comes around 15.20Lakhs on road afte getting discount of 15K final amount is 15.05 Lakhs and i planned for Leather seats from Stanely and costs 40K.

I have in mind.
1.Scorpio Mhawk VlX
2.Optra Magnum LT Diesel

Which one is better buy guys ?
Old 21st August 2008, 10:45   #122
BHPian

My pick would be the Magnum any day, pete it and add all the frills you wanted or you could go a segment higher with the Sonata Embera CRDi, it should be within your reach and put you in a different league altogether!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I have in mind.
1.Scorpio Mhawk VlX
2.Optra Magnum LT Diesel

Old 21st August 2008, 19:44   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I have checked and TDed Skoda octavia and Laura Ambiente version.
I love to owning a skoda especially Laura.
Car is amazing and build like a tank.
Driving in city and highway is breeze.
No Turbo Lag.Acceleration is linear like Fiesta.
It goes upto 200 kmph very easily and has some power in reserve.
as i enquired,it gives 13-14 Kmpl and 17-19 Kmpl in City and Highway respectively(ya it's with AC 100%).
But i am afraid of A.S.S and maintenance.
i have tow things in mind.
1.Buy a fiesta Sxi Diesel and add Sun roof,Spoilers,Alloys,Tyre Upgrade,Reverse Sensor(Front and Back).But still it comes closer to 11Lakhs only.I lose some 4 Lakhs as my Company promised to give.

2.Buy a Skoda Laura Ambiente 1.9 .It comes around 15.20Lakhs on road afte getting discount of 15K final amount is 15.05 Lakhs and i planned for Leather seats from Stanely and costs 40K.

I have in mind.
1.Scorpio Mhawk VlX
2.Optra Magnum LT Diesel

Anytime Sonata Embera CRDi. Petefy it and zooommmmm. 6 gear transmission. A superb Ride.
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:23   #124
Senior - BHPian

@aks_karthik, how many variants are there in the Fiesta diesel and what's the OnRoad price for each ? Asking because a colleague mentioned about getting a TDCi for 8lakh onroad Chennai, which I find to be an unbelievably low (and very tempting) price - 9Lacs seems to be what is being discussed here.
Old 22nd August 2008, 19:56   #125
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta Diesel Variants : Exi,Zxi,Sxi

check this URL :
Ford - Fiesta Home

Sxi : 9.2 Lakhs
Zxi : 8.4 Lakhs
Exi : 7.8 Lakhs
Old 31st August 2008, 00:37   #126
BHPian

Is there a new Verna face lift coming up soon? As fiesta has already released its new looks version and Honda city would be coming with new looks very soon, do you seniors have any news on Hyundai Verna?

my father in Law wants to switch to a verna from his old ford ikon and plans to buy in the next 3 months, if there is something new in verna comming this year itself, he would definitely like to wait.

I did a search before posting this query, but couldnt find anything on new verna in the first 30 mins. Please help!
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:08   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkeron View Post
Is there a new Verna face lift coming up soon? As fiesta has already released its new looks version and Honda city would be coming with new looks very soon, do you seniors have any news on Hyundai Verna?

my father in Law wants to switch to a verna from his old ford ikon and plans to buy in the next 3 months, if there is something new in verna comming this year itself, he would definitely like to wait.

I did a search before posting this query, but couldnt find anything on new verna in the first 30 mins. Please help!

OT :

Hyundai has to give a facelift to its whole range except the i10.
Other markets havent yet got the facelift Verna , but yes its hightime
Verna gets a facelift.
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:15   #128
BHPian

GURUS!! Help Needed

Hi
Guys i have a similar confusion as Karthik.My dad's planning to buy a new car and has left the cars selection on me.After taking the TD of various sedan within my budget(Max 10lak) have narrowed down on Ford Fiesta SXI and the Hyundai Verna SX with ABS.I have gone through this entire thread inorder to solve my confusion but i frankly speaking feel more confused as both the cars appear to be good in their own ways.I currently own a Baleno VXI 2006 model and always feel that i had done a good selection when i bought her,want the same thing to happen this time and i need help from u guys.So Gurus kindly help me solve my confusion and narrow down on one of the above cars.

Thanks!!
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:23   #129
BHPian

Stealth,
Both are fun to drive cars – the final choice is yours based on your preferences. Both have more similar features. Overall I would put the Verna as little more refined than the Fiesta. Advantage Fiesta is in terms of better boot space, ground clearance and of course better looks. If you like to mod your car a bit, then the Fiesta is more amenable. But I felt the ride quality and interiors better on the Verna. A.S.S and spares are also better with Hyundai in general.
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:43   #130
Team-BHP Support

Stealh: What will be the monthly running ? Do you only want a diesel ? Can you wait for the newest honda city (petrol) and the Linea (I think diesel,petrol) ?
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:39   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Stealth, if its your dad who is going to drive the car then i would recommend the Fiesta Diesel. If his running is low then the petrol Fiesta is a good choice.

However, if it is for somebody younger then i would have recommended the Verna CRDi with my eyes closed.
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:18   #132
Senior - BHPian

@Stealth- go for the Verna CRDI if you want piece of mind. Ford still has to improve its A**. But now Ford's offering 2yrs/1,00,000 km warranty in the Fiesta. One more suggestion would be stretch your budget a lil more and have a look at the Optra Magnum. One hell of a car let down again by GM's A**.
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:48   #133
BHPian

Hi

Thanks for your immediate response guys!!Ya we have decided on a deisel sedan this time due to the increasing petrol price these days and also because we never owned a diesel vehicle till now.I suppose once the new car comes i`ll use the new one and make dad use my Baleno..By the way whats the average FE (city aswell as highway)of verna according to the Bhpian`s

Guys my choice of purchase is based on 2 criterias
(1)FE should be good
(2)Should be good on the power side two.

I feel Verna matches these criterias better.I think i will once again go for the TD of both the cars and finally come to a conclusion.Hey Karan any idea on the onroad price of the Optra Magnum in Bangalore,can i get some more information about this car from you.
Old 4th September 2008, 09:40   #134
Senior - BHPian

@Stealth - I dont think Verna returns more mileage than Fiesta! Fiesta wins hands down in mileage. If you looking for power then try waiting for Fiesta 1.6 TDCI. There is no official news abt it but Ikon will get 1.4 TDCI so i guess Fiesta will get the 1.6 TDCI. Sorry i dont have the OTR prices of Magnum. Try searching it online. Magnum is bigger , more powerful, better interiors, more comfy but as i mentioned the a.s.s. is a let down.
Old 12th September 2008, 14:44   #135
BHPian

Interesting thread!!

Getz to Fiesta to Skoda to Scorpio / Magnum (as of now)...

WHAT NEXT?

Thiyags
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks