Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2008, 11:25   #16
BHPian

Requirements / priority (in order),
1. Better build quality + interiors
2. Better handling (I drive in city + drive on highways atleast once every month, usually to Chennai)
3. Low Maintenance and peace of mind
4. Ofcourse VFM
5. Resale
7. FE[/quote]

Now i think your choices are Aveo1.4 and Sx4.Both are VFM and like somebody mentioned your first four requirements will point towards Aveo.
If you are going to use the car for 4-5 years minimum then resale should not bother you much.Anyway the resale of Sx4 and Aveo will go down once the diesel versions of these cars come.FE of Sx4 is not that great.I think Aveo 1.4 too give similar FE of Sx4 if not more.Aveo is a very well build car and my choice for you will be Aveo.
Old 13th April 2008, 12:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Thanks for all the feedbacks guys.
Yes, I dropped the Lancer.
Now trying to take a TD for SX4, but could not get it today. I dont have my vehicle today with me and find it difficult to get guys coming here for the TD :(
Anyway, i should finalise it this week i guess. Keep you posted.
Mmm... What about the Verna?

Hope you have not forgotten all those goodies, mentioned by CorsaLove, for the Verna.
Old 13th April 2008, 13:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Mmm... What about the Verna?

Hope you have not forgotten all those goodies, mentioned by CorsaLove, for the Verna.
I dont want to lose more hair by adding this to the already confusing equation
Btw. Sajands, are you ready to sue the What car . Did the guy got back to you on the info? Do update.
Old 13th April 2008, 13:44   #19
BANNED

TD Fiesta esp 1.6ZXI, you will be surprised on the drive quality & experience. Aveo steering has heavy feel.
Old 13th April 2008, 13:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont want to lose more hair by adding this to the already confusing equation
Btw. Sajands, are you ready to sue the What car . Did the guy got back to you on the info? Do update.
MJothi, Fair enough about the hair.

Was that CorsaLove or Sajan who mentioned about the Verna!

Now it looks like I had a drink too many!
Old 13th April 2008, 15:11   #21
BHPian

GM cars build quality is exceptional. I think for you Aveo suits for you with good interiors except you don't have the resale value for GM cars. Also I think 7.6 Lakhs for Aveo is costly for a 1.4 engine
Old 13th April 2008, 16:56   #22
BHPian

Is 7.6L for Aveo Limited Edition the final prize? When I bought Aveo LS an year back OTR in Bangalore was 7.4L and after discount the price came to 6.85L. If you compare the OTR prices of Aveo LS (7.4L) and Aveo Limited Edition (7.4L), the latter is VFM. Because for 20K you get alloys, integrated stereo and leather seats. Please check for the discounts on limited edition.

Nirmal
Old 13th April 2008, 17:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
MJothi, Fair enough about the hair.

Was that CorsaLove or Sajan who mentioned about the Verna!

Now it looks like I had a drink too many!
It was SajanDS. I think not much drink.. Atleast you remember that someone said something

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Is 7.6L for Aveo Limited Edition the final prize? When I bought Aveo LS an year back OTR in Bangalore was 7.4L and after discount the price came to 6.85L. If you compare the OTR prices of Aveo LS (7.4L) and Aveo Limited Edition (7.4L), the latter is VFM. Because for 20K you get alloys, integrated stereo and leather seats. Please check for the discounts on limited edition.
Nirmal
Yes.Wow, you got almost 55K discount. Thats a great discount.
Seems because of the 3 year warranty, no cash discount is available right now. I haven't checked yet with Sundaram. Most probably, Sundaram would be same. Will check tomorrow.
Yes, LS limited is more VFM since it comes will fully loaded except for the Sproiler.
Old 13th April 2008, 22:02   #24
aks316

go for fiesta or aveo or honda city.. if you want a fully loaded car then go for aveo or fiesta or else go for honda city.. aveo is a vfm car and it is jack of all trades & master of none and you will be happy with it.. fiesta is drivers car and if you really love driving over everything else then buy the fiesta but it is not as comfortable as aveo or honda city and aftersales service is not as good and parts are expensive.. i personally dont like the sx4.. i find aveo, fiesta and city better than sx4.. aveo has good ride handling, amazing interiors and exteriors, good build and interiors quality, comfortable, good aftersales service, cheap parts etc.. fiesta is the best to drive, solid interiors, good build quality etc..

Old 13th April 2008, 22:03   #25
aks316

go for fiesta or aveo or honda city.. if you want a fully loaded car then go for aveo or fiesta or else go for honda city.. aveo is a vfm car and it is jack of all trades & master of none and you will be happy with it.. fiesta is drivers car and if you really love driving over everything else then buy the fiesta but it is not as comfortable as aveo or honda city and aftersales service is not as good and parts are expensive.. i personally dont like the sx4.. i find aveo, fiesta and city better than sx4.. aveo has good ride handling, amazing interiors and exteriors, good build and interiors quality, comfortable, good aftersales service, cheap parts etc.. fiesta is the best to drive, solid interiors, good build quality etc..

Old 13th April 2008, 23:09   #26
BHPian

On the issue of looks, refinement & brand value
Old lancer >> Aveo.

The old lancer is a classic design. Even after 10 years it looks more modern/sporty than some of the new cars. I'm yet to find a car with smoother gears than the old lancer (this includes the manual C class )

Only issue is resale.
Old 14th April 2008, 00:54   #27
BHPian

As I had informed mJothi... its 8.51 on Road for 1.6 LT Option Pack PLUS Discounts !!
Old 14th April 2008, 13:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

Aveo wont be a fun to drive car, the reason why you wanted the lancer. In this case I would recommend FORD Fiesta. Fiesta is a great drivers car and havs good build quality too(not the best though). Fiesta will also be a better handling car too. Maintainence would be higher on this one though and while its VFM at first buy, resale wont be as good. It will be almost similar to the Aveo on both resale and FE front.

If you have the budget, TD a cedia and you wont look back. It costs about 1-1.5 lacs more than aveo top-end or fiesta top-end but is totally worth it.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 14th April 2008 at 13:31.
Old 14th April 2008, 14:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Updates on the finance portion.

Ok. Lancer is dropped.
SX4 yet to do a TD.
Went to Sundaram Motors today and discussed about the offers. No TD vehicle was available today. So, requested for one tomorrow.

Aveo 1.4 LS
7.45L OTR - 30K cash Discount

Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition
7.60L OTR - 13K cash Discount

Btw, he claimed he can give some more cash discounts if i opt for the 2007 model. But i was not sure if thats the one people were talking about the gear-shifts problem. Anyway, asked him to give the figures. Will update you tomorrow.
Seems the Limited edition has more takers and hence very less discount on it. Yes, it has more goodies and just 15K diff on OTR.
seems we need to pay almost 10K for the cashless warranty for 3 years.
Old 14th April 2008, 14:46   #30
BHPian

Please find my responses in BOLD

Quote:
I searched this forum and got a lot of informations on each of the above cars in question. But confused on which thread I should post this query. Created a new one.
Mods: Please merge this if you feel this has to be.

Coming back to the confusion!!!

I had a Zen which is under selling now and I want to upgrade to a new segment. The initial feeling i had was to go for GM or Lancer. I am little not happy with the Maruti build quality. I was under impression that the build quality of Lancer & Aveo is superior to maruti. (Correct me if wrong).

I also upgraded from Zen and like you was not happy with the build quality - my 5 year old use to rattle from anywhere and everywhere and hence SX4 was never in the competition.

Love at first site:
Ever since I have driven the Lancer for several KMs (Kanchi to Chennai) I started to love the vehicle. Not only for the look but also the way it handles the traffic. I was a guy who always felt that "the longer the bonnet is, the toughest it is to drive in traffic". This guy totally changed my thinking. So, that was one reason I was leaned more towards this Lancer.

I would also NOT recommend the Lancer for the very reason you have mentioned yourself underlined below.

But, since it was launched 10 years back, was in dilema if to go or not. Thats how I came to Aveo. On enquiring, the Aveo 1.4 LS Limited editon seems to be VFM with all features that a Lancer and more too. Like Alloy, Leather upholstry, DIN etc. (OTR is 7.6Lacs)

Looks like you have not checked the OTR price with the dealer. For my Aveo 1.6 LT (Option pack) have paid 7.48 Lacs last week and the 1.4 LS Limited Edition was around 6.8 lacs after discount (Delhi rates). And both the variants are value for money and you can decide depending on your requirement of ABS(1.6 LT), Airbag (1.6 LT), Leather seats etc (1.4LS).

So, till now I was really happy that I narrowed down to 2 options and should be easy to decide.

Today I went to Southern Motors. Oh, the response from the guy made be totally against Lancer

He said they had no car to even display and no car to TD also. I asked then how did he expect people to book cars? Just gave some Lame excuse saying they had TD car 2 months back, but nothing now and started talking on Phone. Thats the end of the discussion. I stepped out and Called Lathangi. I dont want to leave the car without even doing a TD. Thats the problem when you fall in love...

But Lathangi was really good for me. Immd he said he has TS car and can bring it to my home tomorrow for TD. Good. I booked TD.

Human mentality is it never satisfies with one(sometimes even with more than one). I also called Vijay motors and asked to send a car for TD tomorrow. He confirmed he will bring one tomorrow.

So, I would be talking with them tomorrow and then will update you people. Question now is, all of a sudden, SX4 entered in to this picture when I did a casual call to Pratham and aksed for waiting period. He said, no waiting period and can get the car (SX4 ZXi) delivered in 2 working days.

This is were all got messed. Should I "think" about SX4 or be firm with my initial decision.

Requirements / priority (in order),
1. Better build quality + interiors - Aveo - SX4 not that good
2. Better handling (I drive in city + drive on highways atleast once every month, usually to Chennai) - Aveo is good - can't comment on SX4
3. Low Maintenance and peace of mind - Aveo has a scheme in April from GM in which against a prepayment of 12.5K you get all the services free for next 3 years/45K KM plus you get 3 years/100K Km warranty.
4. Ofcourse VFM - Aveo and SX4 also to some extent.
5. Resale - SX4 Wins
7. FE - Both
Hope this helps.

Last edited by an10 : 14th April 2008 at 15:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks