Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 18:52   #1
BHPian

Car @ 12.00 lacs

Team,

I am switching jobs and in the new assignment (to be on board by early Apr) I am entitled for a 12.00 lac car. The budget can be stretched, just that I need to pay the balance from my pocket (and the car will be in co's name).

Been trying to identify one from the options below:

1. Corolla - Not in favour as the new one is round the corner, but with no firm launch dates. The date I heard from Nandi Toyota is Sept 2008. Can't wait till then.
2. Octavia Ambiente - Age old design and horror stories of A.S.S in Bangalore. Don’t want to stretch till Laura
3. Optra TDi - Don’t like the looks. Moreover my office would be 5kms from home and hence does not warrant a diesel car.
4. Civic MT S/V - Head over heels with its looks and is willing to foot the extra bill. Infact wanted to buy one in Dec 2006 (when I bought my NHC VTEC) but refrained as my boss didn’t like my idea...!

Thus my current shortlist is Civic. Seek your inputs on below:

1. Is there any options that I have missed out in my above list
2. If Civic, should I opt for S or V - Though I like the fully loaded V, I can get the leather seats & fog lamps done at 40-50K instead of paying 85K to Honda. Also, I am not sure if turn indicators in side mirror is a good idea on Bangalore traffic.
3. I am aware of the low ground clearance issue. With 4/5 passengers up my NHC scrapes a good number of Bangalore's 'Himalayan' speed breakers. I can live with that. Would it be any worse. Existing owners pls comment
4. Whats the typical mileage I can expect
5. Dakshin Honda is offering me 30K discount (2008 model). Anybody aware of higher discount in Bangalore, pls let me know.

Thanks.
Old 14th March 2008, 18:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

the corolla and optra dont make sense since theyre pretty old now. but the octy ambiente only if you want the 150bhp. otherwise the civic is a good choice. its not the stretching for the v. the mt is available in the s. also if you want an suv the grand vitara is there.
Old 14th March 2008, 19:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thread Closed

Hi alabjarus

These cars have been discussed extensively before.

Here are a few relevant threads:

CiviC AT or MT

Civic V or S

Skoda Octavia Rider D A/X-Civic A/X-Corolla A/X? Which Auto?

You can Search for More.

You can also look at some of the ownership experiences posted by members here

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks