Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2005, 19:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

If you are ready to compromise on boot space Ford Fusion should be a good car if you like driving and can be easy to drive around in the city as well though it may be a bit over priced.
Old 24th January 2005, 19:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
If you are ready to compromise on boot space Ford Fusion should be a good car if you like driving and can be easy to drive around in the city as well though it may be a bit over priced.
Percieved problems with Fusion are a) being overpriced, b) bad low speed ride, c) neither car nor SUV. It can't be called driver's car (?) though it has a powerful heart.
Old 24th January 2005, 20:52   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

fusion sux
saw it a couple of days ago..
interiors suck big time
go for petra
trust me
Old 24th January 2005, 21:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

From your list of what you want from your car : 1. Performance. 2. Ride Quality 3. You are not to concerned about FE and resale value.
Only one car suits these requirements. Fiat Petra.
Sales and service support is something you will have to find out about in Bangalore. In Mumbai, the service is good and from what i have read they are trying to improve service all over. Besides, why bother about 2 days of servicing in a year? Spares are priced well too contrary to the belif that they are costly.
Old 25th January 2005, 00:39   #20
Team-BHP Support

Even before posting my query I knew Petra is the perfect car for me. But there are issues like

1) I read stories of horrible quality of service by Bangalore Fiat dealer. Government office attitude.
2) Fiat India website practically disowns this model. What kind of company decides against publishing info on their own car. What is their plans for this car? Will they abandon this model?
3) With this kind of apathy by the company, will there be enough spare parts available when need arises?

Based on the new information on Honda City CVT, I'll hold my judgement on it until I test drive the CVT. However, it will cost almost 9 lakhs on road which 3+ lakhs higher than Petra. It eats away my budget completely and a little more.

I am surprised I haven't heard any comments on Accent GTX or Viva. Are they so bad that they don't deserve any mention. The Hyundai service support is superb where I live, I really wish they had something to fit my requirement, like a Tiburon may be.
Old 25th January 2005, 02:02   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75
slightly smaller than the Accord and much better to drive!
I wouldnt quite agree to that ....i am for that GTO said abt getting a used old generation honda accord automatic....thats the one i have .... While buying the accord i was given a choice btwn the mondeo too.... i already owned an accord automatic at that point so i was more baist towards the mondeo in order to hv something different....i test drove the mondeo and quite honestly i had heard alot of praise abt the car but i frankly feel its over-rated. I picked the automatic accord over the mondeo because the accord left much more luxrious from the inside as compared to the mondeo...also the ride quality of the honda engine was far smoother than the ford.... tho the mondeo is quick i totally agree but i just find honda engines much more fun to drive and the sound of the vtec 141 horses pumpin into my years when i floor my car is just heaven If u do find an accord used in ur budget so for it without a doubt.
Abt the S mode....when u shift down to it there is a significant difference in the performance....i dont drive in the S mode that often...but while over taking i shift to S and then back to D and the down shift is just amazing....power rush is insane.
Old 25th January 2005, 04:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
I picked the automatic accord over the mondeo because the accord left much more luxrious from the inside as compared to the mondeo...also the ride quality of the honda engine was far smoother than the ford
The Accord is definitely more biased towards a soft-ride and therefore you have a point about "luxury". I prefer a sportier ride to luxury, so the Accord is not for me. The Mondeo's suspension is definitely stiffer and therefore offers a far better driving experience. As for the engine, I think they're both good.
Old 25th January 2005, 05:02   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
....i dont drive in the S mode that often...but while over taking i shift to S and then back to D and the down shift is just amazing....power rush is insane.
Hey Sahil,

Are u sure this is a "sports mode" in which case it should be a button. If your shifting the gear lever from D to S chances are your forcing the transmission to downshift into "slope(/second)" gear, which would not be a good idea if you were above a certain speed.

Quote:
I am surprised I haven't heard any comments on Accent GTX or Viva. Are they so bad that they don't deserve any mention. The Hyundai service support is superb where I live, I really wish they had something to fit my requirement, like a Tiburon may be.
Hey Samurai,
As soon as you said the words "drivers car" people eliminated the korean options. The Hyundai 1.6 DOHCs are not much better than their 1.5s which seem to be churning out a lot less HP than their claimed figures. The feel is not as involving as a baleno or even ikon. However they are spacious and comfortable cars with a extensive service network.
I had heard hyundai dealers could get you a tiburon on request...however im sure it will not fall in your budget.

About the Petra - Its a powerful car, great for the price, nice ride quality, however the body rull during enthusiastic driving is way too much for my liking.
Why dont you test drive the baleno as well as the NHC.

cya
R
Old 25th January 2005, 09:49   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
About the Petra - Its a powerful car, great for the price, nice ride quality, however the body rull during enthusiastic driving is way too much for my liking.
Why dont you test drive the baleno as well as the NHC.
I've heard the body roll can be fixed by changing into wider tires, not sure about that one though.

After owning two Marutis I have a big mental block against the Maruti stable. Besides, I don't like the look of Baleno.

Regards,
Samurai
Old 25th January 2005, 09:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

If you dont mind going used, how about an old gen 2001/2002 Honda Accord? You can have it in auto if you wish. Its got great performance and superb road manners.

GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedsatya

even though u dont want a big D-segment car,a pre -owned older generation Accord can be considered.

yess instead of the baleno i think u shud look at an Accord of the previous type.i am saying this since u have mentioned that FE is not a concern.
and it shud cum within ur budget.

or how abt the sonata thats currently being offered with such huge discounts .
Old 25th January 2005, 10:01   #26
Team-BHP Support

I see many of you are suggesting D segment cars even though I ruled it out. Ok, here is one good reason. My wife won't drive the car if it is any bigger than mid-size. Then I have to become her driver for all the shopping/parlor trips and may be even hire a driver for times when I am travelling.

Regards,
Samurai
Old 25th January 2005, 10:12   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I see you are very uncomfortable with the Fiat service in Bangalore. And you clearly dont want an Accord.

In that case, go for the Baleno. Black with alloys comes close to the "wow" factor!

GTO
Old 25th January 2005, 10:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I see many of you are suggesting D segment cars even though I ruled it out. Ok, here is one good reason.
Regards,
Samurai

thats because u had said that FE will not be a problem and since u stay close to ur work place,driving a big one will not be that much of a hassle.

i suggest any one of the following in the order of my prefernce:
1.previous gen.accord
2.optra 1.8
3.Ikon
4.baleno
5.old 1.5 vtec

and lastly,
6.the petra

Last edited by Shan2nu : 25th January 2005 at 11:41.
Old 25th January 2005, 11:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I see you are very uncomfortable with the Fiat service in Bangalore. And you clearly dont want an Accord.

In that case, go for the Baleno. Black with alloys comes close to the "wow" factor!

GTO

Precisely. Would fit your budget, has decent ride quality, network & performance.
Old 25th January 2005, 11:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

The Ikon is a good car - has good ride quality if thats wut u r looking for and its peppy enuf to give u the thrills tooo

or else - the optra - great ride qaulity !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks