Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 19:50   #1

Cedia LPG

Hi Cedizens :-)

I test drove Cedia Select LPG on Sat and man I must say... It was awesome. You can never tell the diff btw LPG mode or petrol mode. i have a LPG Omni and i know how difficult it is to move btw fuels on Omni. For instance if I wish to move from Petrol to LPG, I need to first clean out all the petrol in the Carburetor and then once the engine stops, I have to move to LPG. But in Cedia.. its awesome.. I can switch on the fly. And man.. its a very silent engine. I am fully impressed with it.

I am booking my Cedia ALPG on monday. But here is my confusion (and Surprise). My dealer has said that I can choose ANY available col. including those of Sportz. Now this is great news. As I always love the Manchester red but wanted the economy of LPG. Now I can get both. I am upgrading my Select model with Spoilers and skirting so that it can look like sports. But I am not touching the bumpers and head and tail Lights and the interiors.
The dealer said I will have to give him 2 weeks time as the painting will be done in the main factory and its Repainting an existing ALPG Cedia.. But actually it’s built from scratch under my specification

So all fellow Cedizens, I need a small help. Will the Manchester Red look good on the new modified Select.

Also I have not seen Silver and White Cedia, can any one share any snaps of the same.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2008 at 15:06.
Old 20th November 2007, 20:56   #2
BHPian

HEY confirm from them if they are fitting the side skirting from the workshop in bangalore or in chennai plant. I feel u should go for lpg fitting to the sport model than making a select into a sport version.

can u tell me what discount u got on the lpg version.
Old 20th November 2007, 21:42   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

In Omni LPG, the LPG fuel supply uses a carburator (not MPFI).

How is it for Cedia?

And any drop in pickup (in LPG mode compared to petrol)?
Old 20th November 2007, 22:12   #4

There was no noticeable drop in the pickup. as per specs its 100 BHP in LPG mode and 115 in Petrol. I did not feel any hiccup when there was a change made btw Petrol and LPG.
Old 20th November 2007, 22:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
I test drove Cedia Select LPG on Sat and man I must say... It was awesome. You can never tell the diff btw LPG mode or petrol mode. i have a LPG Omni and i know how difficult it is to move btw fuels on Omni. For instance if I wish to move from Petrol to LPG, I need to first clean out all the petrol in the Carburetor and then once the engine stops, I have to move to LPG. But in Cedia.. its awesome.. I can switch on the fly. And man.. its a very silent engine. I am fully impressed with it.
First, congrats on the 'about to be' first owner of a LPG Cedia. I respect your decision. Buttt, the transition between an Omni LPG & a Cedia LPG is tooooooo big, so don't even start comparing. My guess is that you used a card Omni year 2000 or before model. Any ECU based engine will switch to LPG or petrol without even a shudder. In fact with modern cars, you will never know if it is running on LPG or petrol unless you look into the switch panel. So enjoy your car & make sure you post your experiences with it.
cheers.
Old 20th November 2007, 22:37   #6
BHPian

I TD cedia LPG yesterday.I wanted to drive petrol version but when they came they had both.It really good.But i dont like cars running in LPG.Life of the engine will be half,if i am wrong please correct it.
Old 20th November 2007, 22:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
I TD cedia LPG yesterday.I wanted to drive petrol version but when they came they had both.It really good.But i dont like cars running in LPG.Life of the engine will be half,if i am wrong please correct it.
you stand corrected unless you can really prove that point.
cheers
Old 20th November 2007, 22:43   #8

So you are saying that buying a LPG version is not a bad idea? Should i reconsider my decision!!!
Old 20th November 2007, 23:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
[COLOR=black]Hi [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Cedizens :-)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I test drove Cedia Select LPG on Sat and man I must say... It was awesome. You can never tell the diff btw LPG mode or petrol mode. i have a LPG Omni and i know how difficult it is to move btw fuels on Omni. For instance if I wish to move from Petrol to LPG, I need to first clean out all the petrol in the Carburetor and then once the engine stops, I have to move to LPG. But in Cedia.. its awesome.. I can switch on the fly. And man.. its a very silent engine. I am fully impressed with it.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I am booking my Cedia ALPG on monday. But here is my confusion (and Surprise). My dealer has said that I can choose ANY available col. including those of Sportz. Now this is great news. As I always love the Manchester red but wanted the economy of LPG. Now I can get both. I am upgrading my Select model with Spoilers and skirting so that it can look like sports. But I am not touching the bumpers and head and tail Lights and the interiors. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]The dealer said I will have to give him 2 weeks time as the painting will be done in the main factory and its Repainting an existing ALPG Cedia.. But actually it’s built from scratch under my specification[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]So all fellow Cedizens, I need a small help. Will the Manchester Red look good on the new modified Select.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Also I have not seen Silver and White Cedia, can any one share any snaps of the same.[/COLOR]
why put in only skirts and spoiler ? why not the bumper kit also and make it look like a proper sport variant ?

by the way - are u getting all this at the same cost of the LPG variant ? what is ex showroom price?

other members like rajataurus,reignofchaos have red cedia - check out their profile to see whether thats the colour ur referring to
Old 21st November 2007, 10:07   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
why put in only skirts and spoiler ? why not the bumper kit also and make it look like a proper sport variant ?

by the way - are u getting all this at the same cost of the LPG variant ? what is ex showroom price?
The Ex-Showroom is 8.60L. I am required to pay extra for the spoiler and skirting. But I am getting a 20K cash discount so I guess that should take care of the extra fittings
Old 21st November 2007, 10:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Buying alternative fuel cars is a good idea.

heck if all these gas fuels were bad, then all the autos wont be running LPG, nor would the CNG buses in delhi. They are all hard nosed bean counters. So relax, your car would NEVER be driven as much as theirs
Old 21st November 2007, 10:18   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Buying alternative fuel cars is a good idea.

heck if all these gas fuels were bad, then all the autos wont be running LPG, nor would the CNG buses in delhi. They are all hard nosed bean counters. So relax, your car would NEVER be driven as much as theirs
Thanks Phamilyman.. that was comforting. I am very concerned about the running cost and so the reason for the LPG option. And ur point is very valid as most of the taxis and autos in BLR run on LPG and they all the doing fine. So I guess there is nothing to worry
Old 21st November 2007, 10:24   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Where did you get this info from?
Please share your source.

According to the literature I read at various places (autocar india, some websites, etc) gas fuels will have lesser emissions, better combustion efficiency, etc. Why should the life become half???

I also read somewhere (sorry, I am unable to point to the link, do not remember) that gas fuels are better for engine lubrication point of view also as liquid fuels tend to "kind of flush" the lubricants which gas fuels don't do.

Is all this correct?

And BTW, what's the warrantee for the Cedia LPG.

I went to the Mitsu India website and they have no mention of the Cedia LPG features/specs, etc. Only price! And this non-professional way of doing business is one thing about HM and Mitsu that I really hate. I get a feeling that I am buying an "unlisted" product
Old 21st November 2007, 11:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

gas fuels tend to "dry" the car, thus its recommended to drive on petrol every now and then for a coupla kms. check the cng threads (posts by wolfinstein) for more info.
Old 21st November 2007, 12:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
How is it for Cedia?

And any drop in pickup (in LPG mode compared to petrol)?
There was a review in WhatCar (shall get the details soon). Cedia use "Sequent" direct injection from BRC. Sequent is specially designed for Petrol direct injection systems.

Good thing I remember reading is, the system starts the car always with Petrol, irrespective of the setting. It switches to gas later cylinder by cylinder, thus avoiding any engine vibration or missing.

Also, Cedia seems to have much more options than what is mentioned in the website. I just came to know that Cedia Sports comes with Black leather seats as an option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks