Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2007, 07:50   #16
BHPian

Bought my new Civic last week only in White. Was facing the same predicament, but after seeing the leather on the 'V' version, decided to go in for the 'S' only. got fogs,made in taiwan, for 3.8 k(including fitting) from my local accessories shop.

BTW, I bought the car, cash down, Got 2 yrs extended warranty(makes the warranty valid for 4 yrs now, worth some 8.5ks), plus 5k cash reduction in price as discount.
Old 23rd August 2007, 08:47   #17
BHPian

I understand the predicament that you are in and Honda has actually priced it very cleverly. This is a difficult choice to make, but here is why I bought the 'V'.

Let us see what 'V' has over the 'S' and what it costs.
1) Fog Lamps - Original(Stanley, not the leather brand but the brand that make lamps) = 18k, Taiwanese Make = 4 k approx
2) Leather Seats - Honda Original Leather is nothing great. Stanley is the best and available for around 30k.
3) Silver coloured Garnish on the doors - looks good, don't know if these can be fixed later and how much it costs.
4) Mirrors with Indicators - I loved it and found that you could get original Honda mirrors from the showroom itself for 13k(painted).

For 71k extra, these were my thoughts on decidiing on the 'V'
1) Fog Lamps - For a car that costs 13+ Lacs, I want only the original .
2) Leather Seats - The original beige leather blends well with the interiors. However, I will upgrade to Stanley in 2.5 to 3 years from now.
3) Silver coloured Garnish - These look good but I could live with\without these.
4) Mirrors with Indicators - I loved it and want only 1 set of indicators. If I had bought the 'S' and then added the indicator mirrors, I would have 2 sets of indicators - one on the fender and the other on the mirror. IMO, this would look odd.

Points 1 and 4 were really the deciders for me.

PS: These are my views only.

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 23rd August 2007 at 08:49.
Old 23rd August 2007, 08:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

My friend brought the Civic S a month back, He wanted the V but did not want to spend the extra money. The dealer ( usually HONDAS are very stringent ) offered him Fog Lamps, Leather Seat Covers Complimentary ( HOnda Genuine Accessories ) , he could not give him the Indicators on RVM's. All this at no extra cost.

Check with your dealer if he is willing to do that.
Old 23rd August 2007, 10:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
My friend brought the Civic S a month back, He wanted the V but did not want to spend the extra money. The dealer ( usually HONDAS are very stringent ) offered him Fog Lamps, Leather Seat Covers Complimentary ( HOnda Genuine Accessories ) , he could not give him the Indicators on RVM's. All this at no extra cost.

Check with your dealer if he is willing to do that.
Negotiations vary with different dealers & also on the finance options. If your friend has bought the Civic S on finance then the discount available would have been adjusted towards the accessories. There are many gimmicks which we are unaware of.
Old 23rd August 2007, 10:32   #20
BHPian

As for VMG's question : i agree with S@~+#0$#
Go for the V version. After market accessories are definitely VFM - but nothing comes close to Honda's original parts & fitting which the Manufacturer has spent lots of time on R&D and then got the product in the market.
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:04   #21
BHPian

vkochar,
I envy your friend. I did not get any discount\free accessories. Honda dealerships in Bangy do not give any discounts except on the OHC and Accord. Corporates are offered discounts upto 15k, but Fog Lamps and Leather Seat Covers is a lot. Lucky Him.
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:32   #22
BANNED

so i guess everyone thinks its a ripoff and to some extent i dont give a damn about all those features. i just love the purple colour so i would go in for the V. dont tell me im the only one that digs the purple. since we are here what are the price difference in S and V model. im going in for one next yr i guess so wanted to know, price i wanted is mumbai and indi. reg please and which dealer in mumbai thanks
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:34   #23
BHPian

The only difference :
1. Leather seating : You can get a better fit and from Stanley (either at dealer or outside)
2. fog lamps as we know can be fitted anytime
3. the indicator on the side mirror is more a fancy item (do you really want it?)
4.As far as i know, the S comes with an Aux port as well. Can somebody confirm?
5. The choice of the new (purple) color is the ONLY big difference.

So, i would stay away from the V unless you want the new color.

-Neel
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:43   #24
BHPian

I have one question here, maybe a dumb one....

In cars with factory fitted fog lamps, we have a switch either on the dashboard or a rotary control on the right-hand stalk behind the steering wheel (which also houses the headlight controls) to operate the fog lamps.
From the looks of it, I do not think that someone can actually carve out a place for the switch in the dashboard if we go in for aftermarket fog lamps. Hence, if we get fog lamps fitted separately in a non-fog lamps car, are they only for show or can they be lit up ?? If they do actually work, where and how is the switch placed ??
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
so i guess everyone thinks its a ripoff and to some extent i dont give a damn about all those features. i just love the purple colour so i would go in for the V. dont tell me im the only one that digs the purple. since we are here what are the price difference in S and V model. im going in for one next yr i guess so wanted to know, price i wanted is mumbai and indi. reg please and which dealer in mumbai thanks
youre right that purple colour looks killer!..but its just come out dunno how it would looks on the car 2 years down the line..so ive gone in for a black instead
Old 23rd August 2007, 15:25   #26
VMG
BHPian

Thanks to all of you. But someone from Chennai can suggest a good shop where I can put leather seat and fog lamps.
Thanks.
Old 23rd August 2007, 16:16   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
I have one question here, maybe a dumb one....

In cars with factory fitted fog lamps, we have a switch either on the dashboard or a rotary control on the right-hand stalk behind the steering wheel (which also houses the headlight controls) to operate the fog lamps.
From the looks of it, I do not think that someone can actually carve out a place for the switch in the dashboard if we go in for aftermarket fog lamps. Hence, if we get fog lamps fitted separately in a non-fog lamps car, are they only for show or can they be lit up ?? If they do actually work, where and how is the switch placed ??
Dude, Do you seriously think that people would install aftermarket fogs if they couldn't switch them on? . Wherever the company people can install switches, so can any installer! Have a look. This is where the fog switch goes. The other one in this pic is for the subwoofer control

Old 23rd August 2007, 16:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

My question is can the external accessories guys get it integrated into the headlight knob/stalk? I don't want anyone changing anything on my dashboard. The civic dashboard does not have any empty switch slots like some car models.
Old 23rd August 2007, 17:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
My question is can the external accessories guys get it integrated into the headlight knob/stalk? I don't want anyone changing anything on my dashboard. The civic dashboard does not have any empty switch slots like some car models.
And where exactly do you think I've put them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks