Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2007, 01:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

hey himanshu wellcome to hyderabad.

i think the following option will suit you the best, "sone pe suhaga"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
.....Option 2: Gift the company car to your FIL and use Baleno.
Old 29th June 2007, 02:00   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

For 8L you have a lot of choices. Swift DDis, NHC, verna, fiesta, aveo, SX4. But, honestly ask yourself if any of these cars will give you as much fun getting there as your baleno would. And then take a call.

If I were you, I would keep the baleno. Pay the tax, rather than sell it and loose more money. And since its a Maruti, spares will be available for almost eternity. Keep it for another 4 years if you wish to. She won't disappoint you.

If not you can handover the keys to me. Will take good care of her .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 29th June 2007 at 02:01.
Old 29th June 2007, 09:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Thanks a ton for your replies.

After my post yesterday, I did some serious number crunching and though the company car option does make more sense financially, the hassle of taking the baleno back to bangalore does not seem to be worth the effort.

Also, I called the Varun Motors guy yesterday for a test drive of the SX4- the TD car was a zxi. To be quite honest, the fun-to-drive factor of the SX4 was nowhere near that of the baleno. the M series engine does not like to be revved-Period.

Also, The drive from bangalore to Hyd- which I did alone with the baleno, developed a kind of bond between me and the car since we went thru some real bad patches of traffic and road works, with the AC on all the way, and the car did not miss a beat, and still returned 16.5 KPL. Damn, I love this baby.

So as of now, the Baleno stays, and I will take my chances witht eh RTO guys. Since I am a lawyer, I know a thing or two about dealing with overly pushy cops and govt. types. So lets see how it goes.

Once again, thanks for the input guys!

P.S. Mclaren- you get teh Baleno ONLY IF you promise to write a similar piece of poetry for my car- man your post on your lady love was just out of the world.
Old 29th June 2007, 09:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Guess the baleno addiction is just too strong even for a lawyer.
Old 29th June 2007, 09:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Did you talk to the committee or whatever of the apartment you stay? They should be able to allot you an additional parking slot. Of course, on an usurious payment.
Old 29th June 2007, 10:25   #21
BHPian

Himanshu, I think your choice to stick with your love, the Baleno is the best option...Keep this baby for as long as you want, she wudnt disappoint you..

Now, as some one rightly said, it takes time for you to decide on stayin with ur new firm for long. I hope things go well and you decide to stay longer. Few years down the line, you would grow with the company and the company may raise the OTR price to say 12L. You would then have much more choices to buy from. Go for the company car option then. Also, by then, you may have an apartment with more than one car park and so you will never have to say good bye to the baleno...

There are times in your life where you conciously have to think with your heart, I guess this is one of those...

Last edited by basilmabraham : 29th June 2007 at 10:26.
Old 29th June 2007, 10:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
So as of now, the Baleno stays
finally the heart wins over the brains..
Old 29th June 2007, 10:45   #23
Team-BHP Support

wise decision, why dont you get the tax from bangalore refunded and pay up the ap tax and reg there, or drive around till rto catches up then pay the tax and try putting the tab to company in relocation re reimbursement if its possible
Old 29th June 2007, 10:54   #24
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Himanshu. Thats one sensible decision you made. Keep the Baleno. No need to take a hurried decision as yet. I hope you have started moving around Hyderabad and seeing the places here. Beware of the mind numbing traffic coupled with the stupid road sense of the people around here.
Old 29th June 2007, 11:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Beware of the mind numbing traffic coupled with the stupid road sense of the people around here.
Dude- you forget taht I have moved here from bangalore- the roads in Hyd seem a dream in comaprison- esp. my weekend drive from Gachibowli, where I stay- to ameerpet-where my aunt lives. the drive thru Jubilee hills and road no. 3 is wonderful- kinda reminds me of Delhi.

Panjagutta Xroads, though reminds me of bangalore
Old 29th June 2007, 11:05   #26
BHPian

Doesn't the company offer you the option of "cashing out" your car entitlement? Agreed, it may not be the most optimal solution (tax wise), but it still allows you to keep your car and takes care of the EMIs and maintenance to a large extent.
Old 29th June 2007, 12:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The drive from bangalore to Hyd- which I did alone with the baleno, developed a kind of bond between me and the car since we went thru some real bad patches of traffic and road works, with the AC on all the way, and the car did not miss a beat, and still returned 16.5 KPL. Damn, I love this baby.
Now that's the spirit. When I read your post yesterday, I had a lump in my throat. Nice to know you are keeping her.
Old 29th June 2007, 23:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
......So as of now, the Baleno stays, and I will take my chances witht eh RTO guys. Since I am a lawyer, I know a thing or two about dealing with overly pushy cops and govt. types. So lets see how it goes......
dont forget to put the lawyer sticker on the front and rear wind sheild......

Quote:
.....the roads in Hyd seem a dream in comaprison- esp. my weekend drive from Gachibowli, where I stay- to ameerpet-where my aunt lives. the drive thru Jubilee hills and road no. 3 is wonderful- kinda reminds me of Delhi.

Panjagutta Xroads, though reminds me of bangalore
Gachibowli is an awesome place to try top speeds, i live around 10 min from gachibowli... (well it takes 10 min to cover 7km on this road). Did 105kmph once on this road on suzuki zeus and 120kmph almost everytime i take my deisel indica on this road. I am sure you will enjoy the baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks