Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:30   #1

6-7 L ex-showroom sedan in Kolkata

Hi:

I am Abir from Calcutta. I am a IT Project Manager and Architect by profession. I live in a narrow by-lane in South Calcutta ( though it is called Maharaja Tagore Road ) - so manuverability and ease to drive is a big factor and I am an ardent music lover ( so a factory loaded decent music system would be an added advantage) . I drive to my office which is at salt lake, about 15 Kms from where I stay. On an average I drive 35-40 Km a day.

I used to own a Santro 1.1 Zip PLus LP which I bought 4 years back. And after 4 years with my first car, I have decided to move on and buy a new car, preferably a sedan in the price range of 6-7 ex show room.
And then begun my search for the next car and the more I dug deeper more I got confused.

I have tried to catergorise my requirenets - budget and my thoughts(and confusions) on some of the cars I have test driven.

At this point- I am inclined towards Ford Fiesta, though City V-tech ( which of course is way beyond my budget) is perhaps the the best car that I have test driven.
Please fill in your thoughts with refernce to the following table, and help me in closing on my next car to be.

For those who are from Calcutta and are owining any of these cars, Your first hand input on the after sales service and owning cost would be very critical in my decision making.

Thanks in advance for your all your valued opinion

Old 23rd June 2007, 23:41   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnaha View Post
Hi:
I used to own a Santro 1.1 Zip PLus LP which I bought 4 years back. And after 4 years with my first car, I have decided to move on and buy a new car, preferably a sedan in the price range of 6-7 ex show room.
And then begun my search for the next car and the more I dug deeper more I got confused.
Abir,

You may choose Aveo 1.4 LS or fiesta 1.4 ZXI keeping budget in mind. Both are good car all variation comes when preferences comes in scene.

Please test drive both and decide. Aveo is VFM car which you will enjoy in kolkatta and fiesta is driving pleasure which u would love on highways.

Above is my personal view based on my preferences.
Old 24th June 2007, 17:04   #3
BHPian

You can consider the Fiat Adventure as well. Its an extremely VFM car. The service backup for Fiat is quite good in Kolkata nowadays. The car has amazing road presence. I would suggest you take a test drive and keep all options open.
Old 24th June 2007, 18:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

@Abir, I'm sure we know each other very well - 5th floor same building. Dial 2414 on the extension
We have a nice group of car lovers - and you can be assured of loads of advise !!

Welcome to the forum.
Old 24th June 2007, 19:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischint View Post
what about hyundayi accent crdi ??..it comes under 6-7 right ??
It has been phased out some time back
Old 24th June 2007, 19:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischint View Post
what about hyundayi accent crdi ??..it comes under 6-7 right ??
and may i ask you where he can get
this car production has been stopped

i would suggest get a TD of sx4
Old 24th June 2007, 20:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

My sugestion

Aveo Sedan (for VFM, comfort, space, luxury feel),
Fiesta (good driving feeling, good build, for FE if its Diesel Fiesta)
Fiat Adventure (good VFM, space, solid build)

Adventure is cheapest bet among all, next comes Aveo which is very nice car now

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 24th June 2007, 21:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think you can get a SX4 VXi in that budget. Or else consider Aveo 1.4.
Old 24th June 2007, 22:57   #9
BHPian

Since you drive 35-40KM per day I would recommend a diesel heart..The Logan, the indigo and the swift D are the ones available in your budget.
Swift D makes more practical sense as you need easy manuevarability and its low on maintenance. Perhaps the best diesel car to date is the Fiesta TDCi, but you might have to stretch your budget for that. Bear in mind none of the cars except Swift D will be low on maintenance.

If you dont mind your fuel bill, the cars that you can take a look at are,
SX4 ZXi (7L ex showroom) - Terrific VFM, Maruthi A.S.S
Ford Fusion(6.3L ex showroom) - Easy to drive and good for by-lanes
Old 25th June 2007, 00:24   #10
Team-BHP Support

Ok... ideas are pouring in thick and fast and lot many more will. But let me play the devil's advocate and ask you a question. Do you really need that 3 box car? I mean besides the status symbol part. Is it really a necessity? Knowing the narrow bylanes of kolkata I am a bit sceptical. And if this place is somewhere in Dhakuria (since you said south kolkata) I am even more sceptical about the whole things. A sedan will mean a real fight everyday to just take the car in and then park it and again to take it out the next day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks