Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 15:38   #46

Re: The Heart vs Mind dilemma: Should a 29-year old buy a ₹20L Skoda Slavia as his first car?

I was in exact dame dilemma (Age and Budget) when New Thar 2020 was launched. Being blogger and the guy who traveled across India on Classic 350, my heart was set on Thar.

Though it looked beyond my means, I bought it and it's been 15000kms in 9 months, not a single moment I regret it.

Now I am in different company with almost double the in-hand income, expenses for that Thar are now a cakewalk for me and it's 100% worth it.

GO AHEAD AND BUY IT!
Girish40 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 09:35   #47
BHPian

Re: The Heart vs Mind dilemma: Should a 29-year old buy a ₹20L Skoda Slavia as his first car?

I was also facing almost the same
dilemma when I bought my first car 7 years ago. I had booked a Tata zest. I had gone to test drive a Honda amaze when the SA insisted I should try the City. After the test drive, my heart wanted to book the City while the brain calculated all the financial details which you are doing. But then I decided to go with the heart, and bought my City. 7 years and almost 90K kms later, I am more than happy. Car is a financially depreciting asset but sure is emotionally appreciating. Go buy the Skoda and enjoy for years to come.
TheBigV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 10:01   #48
BHPian

I would say go for the new Slavia if you can manage the emi now. Income most likely will go up year on year but unless you plan to change your car every year it makes sense to buy a car that you will be happy to use 5 years later also. The difference of a few lakhs will not matter in long run if you have a smile every time you will drive this.

Moreover you are young and can afford to spend to fulfill your desire. Please note as you grow up the liabilities will deter from such things more and more.
Old 1st June 2022, 13:54   #49
BHPian

I was in your shoes 12 years back when I stretched to buy Cruze. I did not like any other car after I test drove it. 12 years and 1.4L kms later, I still wait for the next opportunity to take her to the highway. I haven't regretted my decision ever.
Old 3rd June 2022, 09:15   #50

I think VAG themselves have solved my dilemma
With
- removal of wireless android auto
- removal of subwoofer
- AC issues
- price hikes
- poor inventory planning
It feels like they did not put the effort we deserve into the India 2.0 project. I don't know if this is because they are cocky or dumb, either way, the attitude of this company is just not sitting right with me.

It doesn't make sense anymore to stretch my budget and buy one of their half baked products as my first car to keep for a decade.

No matter how beautiful that 1.5 TSI is.

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd June 2022 at 11:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you
arunabh002 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks