Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 00:27   #91
Senior - BHPian

How much is the Grand Vitara AT in Mumbai ?
Old 30th July 2007, 00:52   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

@shuvc - No idea but it is some 4L cheaper than the CR-V so i guess around 17L - 18L OTR.
But we aren't considering SUV's right now. It doesn't make sense right now. We may consider igt next year but def. not now.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:51   #93
BHPian

Hy, Lamborghini!
Im in the same position as you are,
Civic MT
A German Shephard,
No SUV.

Would a dog be comfortable in civic, I sat in the rear seats in the test drive, it was wide enough, wide enough for a dog too?
Old 30th July 2007, 20:01   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ashutosh - the seats are wide enough for a dog but height is a problem.

Hey guys,
I have a couple of questions to ask.
1 - Does anyone know what brand of speakers come with the Civic? The salesperson said they are alpines. I am not too keen on changing the speakers but if the budget permits, i would like to add an amp an a sub. Would this be possible?
2 - Is it better to get a Civic 1.8S with leather than the Civic 1.8V?
I mean are fog lamps that important given Mumbai weather conditions?

Thanks guys.
Old 30th July 2007, 20:46   #95
BANNED

May I also ask you to give a slight thought for Optra Magnum...sorry I have not gone through earlier posts if suggestions are already made but I feel it quite a nicer car than Civic.I drive corolla and do agree the suspension crappy but noways the comfort levels can be matched by Optra or Civic.I have quite solved the suspension problem on my corolla adding 45profile 17inch rubber with KONI springs and it seems to take the beating quite effectively than the stock setup.

So here is my voting

No.1 - Optra Mangum TcDI LT - Best VFM
No.2 - Toyota Corolla H4 - Huge discounts of upto 1lakh can be expected
No.3 - Skoda Laura Elegance - If you can maybe stretch your budget

Happy driving brother!!
Old 30th July 2007, 20:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Buy the Civic 1.8S. Unless you want the Misty violet colour, no point in shelling out 70K extra. Fogs from Honda itself is 18K. You can get it fitted outside for a lesser price.

Also leather you can get it cheaper if you want or different colour to go with your car colour or any mix and match from outside. Do you have stanley outlet in Mumbai?

Also do you want an Aux cable which comes with the V variant.

Yes you can add an amp and a sub. There was a thread about that somewhere. If was Chip's car if I remember right. You'll find photos uploaded also.

EDIT: I just saw your problem with Lumbar support. If you want to add Leather seats outside you can sort of get cushioning also done for lumbar support. So one more advantage of getting an S model. Parking sensor would be another nice addition.

Last edited by csentil : 30th July 2007 at 20:57.
Old 30th July 2007, 21:26   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@Ashutosh - the seats are wide enough for a dog but height is a problem.

Hey guys,
I have a couple of questions to ask.
1 - Does anyone know what brand of speakers come with the Civic? The salesperson said they are alpines. I am not too keen on changing the speakers but if the budget permits, i would like to add an amp an a sub. Would this be possible?
2 - Is it better to get a Civic 1.8S with leather than the Civic 1.8V?
I mean are fog lamps that important given Mumbai weather conditions?

Thanks guys.
you dont really need fogs in mumbai. and for about 35-40k you can get good stanley leather. maybe a bit more for the civic though. you can add an amp and a sub. see st677s thread in the ice section. hes changed the whole system but it should give you some idea of the amp and sub.
Old 31st July 2007, 01:06   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

@vittalnrv -
suggested it to dad but he wants an auto only. As we already have a corolla, i am not to keen on that. The suspension is quite crap, be it ride or handling, the build quality isn't among the best. The only good thing going for it are the price and the engine.

@csentil and akshay -
neither CHIP or st677 have added a sub and amp to the stock setup.
they've changed their setup completely.
Will figure out which speakers come with the Civic and will then post in the ICE section.
I am also not too keen on having outsiders open the door panels for the Civic and prefer if the Honda people did it themselves.
They're asking 45K for proper leather seats (as on the V variant) with doorpads. Guess i'll be going along with that. they're giving a 10% discount on accesories so the price is actually around 40K.
Also, i believe the S now comes with the AUX in.
Was going to ask for sunfilm too.
BTW, does parking sensors make sense on the Civic? I wasn't too impressed by the visibility and don't think my driver was too when he TD'd the car.
Any other accessories required? Will get the mattings and all from outside later on.
Also does anyone know the front speaker size in the Civic. Figured if they would be opening it up to put the leather, might as well get the speakers changed.
And do you think blue LED for the interiors are worth the 5K asking price? I've attached a pic of them below -

Shot at 2007-07-30
or
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2756/ledtr3.jpg
Old 31st July 2007, 01:14   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
They're asking 45K for proper leather seats (as on the V variant) with doorpads. Guess i'll be going along with that. they're giving a 10% discount on accesories so the price is actually around 40K.
Also, i believe the S now comes with the AUX in.
Huh? Are you bonkers? 45k for leather? You get equally good leather (if not better) for seats & door pads for around 24-30k in the market, please do not waste your money at the dealership. Use the remaining 15-20k to do your ICE upgrade.

And I don't know about Mumbai but am pretty sure there are a lot of installers there who can open up the door pads, seats etc. as well as Honda does & give you a great job on the leather & speakers. I don't see why you need to spend extra on the Honda crap.

Just my opinion though.
Old 31st July 2007, 04:34   #100
BHPian

"Honda crap" also throws in a "roof mounted dvd with screen" for 70,000/- only

@Lamborghini,
R u keen on adding neons to your ride?
Which color will u be going for? (me-carbon bronze silver)
Old 31st July 2007, 11:54   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
does anyone have the nos for Stanley amd ovion dealers?
Guess i'll be taking iraghava's advice.
@Ashutosh - Damn! was planning the same color. No neons. Maybe a blue LED lumination kit for the interiors as shown above.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:09   #102
Team-BHP Support

The speakers in the civic in Sam's word would be el cheapo going by honda's tradition. You are better of changing the speakers first then thinkin of the amp and sub. I would say better speakers would do the trick.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:10   #103
Senior - BHPian

Ovion - Ovion Lifestyle, Vijay Shetty - 9867048222. Couldn't find Stanley but I think you can see their ad in ACI.

EDIT: Found Stanley too. :: Welcome to Stanley Boutique ::

Last edited by iraghava : 31st July 2007 at 12:11.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:44   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

@vid - I was just checking because the showroom people say the speakers are from Alpine and that doesn't sound too bad.
@iraghava - Thanks! Will give them a call and find out.

Also guys, I spoke to the dealers and they said that the color Carbon Bronze Pearl is not available in the 1.8S AT as yet. Can anyone confirm this please.
I can take the Galaxy Gray but i am not getting any discounts on that, even though its old stock (they've discontinued Galaxy gray and it doesn't come with the AUX in which all new civics have.)
Old 31st July 2007, 16:13   #105
Team-BHP Support

i dont know the stanley number. but in worli the stanley shop is just behind the petrol pump next to copper chimney.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed