Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2007, 11:52   #1

Esteem second hand car

Hi All,

I am going to start my track on learning the car. I own a bike but now I am thinking to go for car as I think riding bike is been too much, Okay )let me come to the point.

As I am not yet good in driving so I thought to buy a new car and get it financed but then I thought why to buy a new car as if I will have to keep investing money every now and then. I mean Before you own a elephant you should also know how to keep a elephant fit and healthy other wise it will keep having big dose of diet, and you will be in loss. this is how I will learn some tips and tricks by the time and then after some time i will go for new one.

I am planning to buy a second hand Esteem car model between 1997 to 2002. I have looked for a one which is :
Esteem vx, model 1997, with alloy wheel, color black,meter reading about 80000, CNG kit.

Could you guide me how much should I offer to the seller considering all the facts about the car plus CNG kit. Could you also tell me a fair idea about how to go for price estimation of a Esteem car model from 1997 to 2002.

Being a buyer for second hand car generally what all points should I consider before the deal.

Thanks,
Mahen194
Old 17th May 2007, 16:50   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen194 View Post
I thought why to buy a new car as if I will have to keep investing money every now and then. I mean Before you own a elephant you should also know how to keep a elephant fit and healthy other wise it will keep having big dose of diet, and you will be in loss.
Mahen194
What money will you have to keep investing (spending?) now and then? Are you talking about EMI payments? If you buy a second hand car, especially one with 80,000 km on the ODO you may pay a lower initial price, but maintenance costs will catch up later on. Think carefully.
Old 17th May 2007, 17:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Get a 2002/2003 esteem for around 2 Lakhs, that would keep you smiling for a few years till you think you can upgrade. 1997 CNG esteem with 80K on the odo is a strict no no. If at all you need to buy it, dont give more than 75k.
cheers
Old 17th May 2007, 17:58   #4
BHPian

Hi Mahen194

for '97 Model Esteem should be something about 70k -80k not more than that....
Old 17th May 2007, 18:11   #5
BHPian

agree on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Get a 2002/2003 esteem for around 2 Lakhs, that would keep you smiling for a few years till you think you can upgrade. 1997 CNG esteem with 80K on the odo is a strict no no. If at all you need to buy it, dont give more than 75k.
cheers
I agree with you my friend has got CNG 1997 model and he is like fed up of the car too much maintenace is required. Thought to share it..

I would suggest go for 2003 model which should do good for u as being newbie...
Old 21st May 2007, 10:29   #6

What do you think about Fiat Palio, I am getting one in 90 thousand and model is 2002 last. If I go for Palio for this much, what do you think would it be a wise decision to make a deal for this.

Also let me know for this model what should be the price of Palio.
Kindly guide me.....

Thanks,
Mahen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks