Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2007, 22:01   #1

7.5 - 8.5 Lacs Car

Hi - I am in Hyderabad and i own a Corsa 1.4 GSI...Time to upgrade and I started scouting around..Was waiting for SX4 and was almost sure I would like it..But something tells me (The rear seat with arm rest protruding, noise of the a/c, vague and inconsistent answers around FE, the Maruti Tag, not so great handling at 2 u turns that I took...) that after driving a corsa which is technically superior, I may not like this Maruti..oops..Suzuki..

To make things worse, I test drove a Cedia the other day and fell in love with the performance..But looks are not the best in the class..I am also worried about the resale value...

The other one that I have in one corner of mind is a New Honda City..But I think there are too many of them onthe road..Plus I heard Honda is going to change the looks on City in 2008..I don't want to be stuck with a "New - Old" City 1 year down the line..

I know Cedia is an adventure and I would be pushing my budget a little..but I always like the phrase "Driver's Car!"...

I am brand conscious, like to own a head turner...Love driving...

Please tell me what you think..I think this is a great forum and have been following the group quietly for the last 1 month..I am going for the kill sometime next week..

For those who still have questions on what I really want, here is factual info.. The above was heart speak

Cars short listed - Lancer Cedia /New Honda City/Suzuki SX4
Price range - 7.5 to 8.5 lacs onthe road
Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations - Of course, best in class..!
Average distance traveled per month - 14 - 16 kms a day - Say 700 Kms per month
Where car will be mostly used (city / highway / rough roads etc) - City
Chauffer driven / self driven - Self Driven
Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family - No
Any specific requirements from car (ex. Better luggage space, responsive engine, rear seat comfort) - Driving Pleasure, FE, Safety, Looks
How long you intend on keeping this car (and how important resale is to you) - Atleast 3 Years
Old 16th May 2007, 22:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't want to be stuck with a "New - Old" City 1 year down the line..
So kind of rules out the NHC or is it still in contention,because as a city car the honda city is simply fantastic and satisfies most of your requirements.

Quote:
Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations - Of course, best in class..!
This maybe a weak link for the cedia,though the mitsubishi owners should be able to answer better.

So overall I think the SX4 zxi fits the bill perfectly,but there is no doubt that the best car of these is the cedia.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 16th May 2007 at 22:13. Reason: typo error
Old 16th May 2007, 22:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Rarely do we see ppl shortlisting Cedia here. A beautiful car to own which has been a victim of poor marketing by HM.
Go for CEDIA ..!!!
Old 16th May 2007, 22:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Cedia's spares are quite expensive, go for the SX ZXi
Old 16th May 2007, 22:47   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The SX4 will suit your existing recognized needs - and future unrecognized needs, to a T
Old 16th May 2007, 22:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Since you own Opel car think about Optra too its good car very comfortable one and good looking too.

Otherwise battle is in between NHC (great quality/reliability honda badge/nice interiors..) and SX4 (very sweet rate/service backup/new looks/lot of features!).

My next chocie is Innova either Diesel G1 model or Used Petrol Innova! You can drive Innova exactly like Sedan and it gives better comfort/functionalities than Sedans.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th May 2007, 23:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hands down Cedia... Having driven all cars in that price range, its easily the best. I booked one on sunday and am waiting for it to be delivered. Whoever said Cedia spares are expensive hasn't been updated lately... spare part prices have tumbled of late. Follow your heart emanuscript .
Old 17th May 2007, 04:34   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

You want Driving pleasure, safety, FE and looks.
Go for the Cedia. the shape will grow on to you.
Itis fully loaded with ABS and airbags, is quite powerfull and fun to drive, bigger than the Sx4, looks better (IMHO) and should return a similar FE.
The SX4 is a good car but doesn't excel in driving pleasure of looks though it is safe.
Old 17th May 2007, 04:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Go in for the Cedia.. Though the *** is not going to be an added advantage its a good car to drive around and be seen in.
There are not too many cedia's on Road and is definately a head turner.. Especially after you put one of the EVO spoilers.

Godfather
Old 17th May 2007, 05:45   #10
BHPian

IMO test drive the fully loaded optra and the elantra too.
then do the arithmetic.
Old 17th May 2007, 05:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
then do the arithmetic.
arent these cars close to 10L + price range??

Godfather
Old 17th May 2007, 06:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
then do the arithmetic.
When I went to ask for the elantra, the local trident hyundai asked me to wait for the new one... they said no new bookings are being accepted for the old elantra CRDI :P.

TD'ed the optra too. The gearbox is real $hitty and the car is absolutely no fun to drive!
Old 17th May 2007, 08:54   #13
BHPian

I would also suggest you the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
You want Driving pleasure, safety, FE and looks.
Go for the Cedia. .
Old 17th May 2007, 09:03   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Your notes on handling and the "drivers car" line points toward a used Skoda Octavia RS. That is if you would be willing to consider used.

There are plentiful examples around if you search right. And since the diesel is so competitive, petrol Skodas dont enjoy good resale values. 7.5 would get you an RS with about 20,000 kms of running. Still a virgin!

In some ways, it will be a logical upgrade from the Corsa and will have that nice European feel.
Old 17th May 2007, 09:07   #15
BHPian

I feel that NHC is the best option from the above options since you did not like the SX4 and you are concerned about the fuel efficiency and after sales service. Also there is a thread existing which proves that NHC has the lowest spare parts costs. Also as other members pointed out elantra will be 10L + and might not suit your given budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks