Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2007, 17:35   #61
BHPian

Okay, I am reviving this thread after 3 months. A lot of water has flown under the bridge since.

My brother, the one who needed the car, got so confused, he shelved the idea and preferred to ride around on his trusted Bajaj Chetak! Anyways, he is back to car hunting (finally it seems) and he says the Esteem, fine car - but too old a model to buy now. Baleno - phasing out. New Baleno - come when it may, it will be way over budget for him.

So he looks at smaller cars, so-called premium hatches. We test drove the Swift Vxi today. I have never liked the Swift's looks, especially from right up front - looks like a "dad-doo," a frog, a toad (Swift lovers please bear with me).

The salesman brings the Azure-blue (I think that is what he called it) Swift to my doorstep and I took it on my usual stretch of torture road that I subject all cars to. I was pleasantly surprised. For one, when you are inside and driving, you sort of give a damn how it looks from the outside - the inside seems to make up for it. Great AC, cooled in no time. The suspension, rally based et al, I found it a tad too tight, too firm to my liking - and I was crawling really, going not more than 30 on those bad village roads. Then we got to the highway and put pedal to floor! Swift eh! Really lives up to its name. That is what the car is really supposed to do, speeds like 80 and above. Feels very stable, very reassuring. I think the suspension really kicks in at those highways, eating up the potholes. Not decided anything yet. Brother wants to see the Getz and a 1-year old Accent (asking 4 lacs , run 5000 kms). I am waiting to test drive them soon.

Last edited by johy : 9th March 2007 at 17:37.
Old 9th March 2007, 17:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

While you are at it drive the VDi too. Pricier but pretty nice to drive.
Old 9th March 2007, 17:59   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

With so many options to buy at that price range now, i am surprised an esteem is even considered
Old 9th March 2007, 18:02   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
While you are at it drive the VDi too. Pricier but pretty nice to drive.
Thanks shuvc. My niece, she has a problem in diesel vehicles, feels nauseated - even in the refined diesel cars..that is the reason diesel is out. Also, running will be very less ~500 km/month.

UPDATE: Brother just looked at the Getz. Says No. We might be able to see the used Accent tomorrow.

Last edited by johy : 9th March 2007 at 18:06.
Old 9th March 2007, 18:12   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
UPDATE: Brother just looked at the Getz. Says No.
why not wait for a month or so and have look at Getz Prime
Old 29th March 2007, 07:32   #66
BHPian

Finally bought Swift Vxi (pictures coming soon)

Hi Folks,

After months of looking at cars and confusion, my brother finally decided on the Swift Vxi (Silver Color) and bought it yesterday (March 28, 2007)

He wanted to buy it before the year ending for depreciation benefits. I will post pictures soon. Thanks for all your help. Also, while we were going through the paperwork, guess what...a Vintage car came by. A 1947 Bentley - it was one of the cars taking part in the Himalayan Rally. I was able to take come pictures with my VGA cam phone (sorry I forgot to take my 5.1 Canon

I am starting a new thread for that.

Last edited by johy : 29th March 2007 at 07:36.
Old 29th March 2007, 11:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice in the Swift Vxi, johy.
Old 29th March 2007, 11:57   #68
Team-BHP Support

Yet another new Swift owner on the forum. Maruti has a trump card with this one..!!!

Congrats Johy... mandatory pics awaited.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks