Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2006, 15:17   #1

Verna Vs Fiesta

Hi All,

I have just sold my Hyundai Accent (2003) Petrol GVS and am looking to purchase a new & better car. Now as i was planning to move to a desile car, Yesterday i happened to be near a hyundai showroom and was able to test drive a Hyundai Verna CRDi , car looks & drives good...

As i wanted to use this fourm to check on the best car in the range of Rs. 8.00 Lac - 9.00 Lac. Couple of people have suggested me Ford Feista and New Toyota Corolla (Exec) but can you suggest me which one would be a better choice.

My Usage Average - 8,000 KMS per Year (Mostly City)
Looking for a comfortable car with desent milage
I would use this car for a max of 3 -4 Years only

It's between Hyundai Verna V/s Ford Ikon V/s Toyota Corolla.. Please suggest a better car...!!!

Thanks,
CoolOnil
Old 27th September 2006, 16:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolOnil

It's between Hyundai Verna V/s Ford Ikon V/s Toyota Corolla.. Please suggest a better car...!!!
three cars from three different classes..

Out of the three it should be Verna.....
Old 27th September 2006, 16:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolOnil
Hi All,

I have just sold my Hyundai Accent (2003) Petrol GVS and am looking to purchase a new & better car. Now as i was planning to move to a desile car, Yesterday i happened to be near a hyundai showroom and was able to test drive a Hyundai Verna CRDi , car looks & drives good...

As i wanted to use this fourm to check on the best car in the range of Rs. 8.00 Lac - 9.00 Lac. Couple of people have suggested me Ford Feista and New Toyota Corolla (Exec) but can you suggest me which one would be a better choice.

Thanks,
CoolOnil
It should be the Verna. It got power, ample interior space and very good service from hyundai. Plus mileage will also be good.
Old 27th September 2006, 17:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

CoolOnil, with your annual running of 8K kms, a diesel car is a big waste. Pick up a nice petrol car. And BTW, are you comparing the Ikon (Flair?), the Verna and the Corolla. More like comparing apples & oranges.

Quote:
It should be the Verna. It got power, ample interior space and very good service from hyundai. Plus mileage will also be good.
Agree about the power, space, A.S.S stuff. But what is the basis for the mileage claim ? Anyone already done FE tests on the Verna ? If we go by the Accent/Getz etc, I don't think the claim is true.
Old 27th September 2006, 17:25   #5
BHPian

real confusion man in the theard u have said verna or fiesta but in the post theres no mention of fiesta so which ford product r u looking at
Old 27th September 2006, 17:57   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Since you usage is barely 600 - 700km a month, the diesel option does not make that much sense. However, resale value does if you are keeping it only for 3 - 4 years. And resale value rules out the Optra and the Ford Fiesta 1.6.

Why dont you check out the New Honda City? It seems to fit your requirements just perfect. The other option you may consider is Toyotas Corolla (with a recent pricecut).
Old 27th September 2006, 18:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Since you usage is barely 600 - 700km a month, the diesel option does not make that much sense.
GTO, if his budget is 8.5L. he can buy NHC GXi or Verna CRDi. If he is not bothered about whats under the hood (ie, from end-user perspective), the advantages of buying CRDi are:
1) Lesser cost/Km (Diesel price less than petrol)
2) Higher BHP/Torque & hence better performance
3) Better A.S.S (most would agree Hyundai is better in this aspect)

Have I missed anything? What do you say?
Old 29th September 2006, 12:42   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy
GTO, if his budget is 8.5L. he can buy NHC GXi or Verna CRDi. If he is not bothered about whats under the hood (ie, from end-user perspective), the advantages of buying CRDi are:
1) Lesser cost/Km (Diesel price less than petrol)
2) Higher BHP/Torque & hence better performance
3) Better A.S.S (most would agree Hyundai is better in this aspect)

Have I missed anything? What do you say?
You have summed it up sweet and simple. Firstly, 3 cars from different segments, even if you compare them just for the heck of it. Verna CRDI comes out with blazing guns as a winner for purely VFM and do not forget among the 3 cars, its got the best A.S.S
Old 29th September 2006, 13:45   #9
BHPian

Hi,

But what about resale ? I think resale would be better for the NHC.
Old 29th September 2006, 13:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Coolonil- why dont you look at teh top end petrol verna. It has far more features as compared to the diesel and is still about 50K.

Of course, teh resale of teh diesel would be better.

If you were to compare teh price of a petrol verna with similar spec to teh diesel, then the price difference would be over a lakh! Think about it!
Old 30th September 2006, 00:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
three cars from three different classes..

Out of the three it should be Verna.....
You will be shocked
When I was looking for my 2nd car, the 2 choices were a) Getz and b) Corolla
Surprising but true. There are some idiosyncrasies at times which drive consumer behaviour. True with cars too!!
Old 30th September 2006, 01:38   #12
BANNED

It's better you stick with a Toyota Corolla Executive. After the price cuts, it's a good VFM. Diesel is not at all needed for your requirements. If you're nostalgic of the new Hyundai, then Verna will be ok. Otherwise Corolla is the car to buy in that range now.
Old 30th September 2006, 01:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

The cheapest corolla is 10L on Road in Bangalore and I have heard about Rs 10000/- discount on it, nothing more so it is out of your range. If you are ready to stretch, then Corolla would be great. If not then like several others, I would recommend NHC. Please have a look at this thread on discussions of Verna vs NHC as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...confusion.html
Old 30th September 2006, 11:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

If you can stretch, the Corolla Exec. would certainly be a great upgrade from your accent. Otherwise, with your running, NHC GXI seems better bet than Verna.
Old 3rd October 2006, 17:13   #15

I think, the Verna fits ur requirement the best. Its got a good engine...nicely laid out interiors.. and a good Hyundai service network...although it is a bit of a plain Jane in looks....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks