Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2006, 19:20   #1

Advise Please - New Car ?

Hello Everyone,
I came across this site just now while I was surfing the Internet to get inputs reg purchase of a new car and was impressed by some of the advice/inputs given by the members to others, and so here I am; also a member, looking for specific advice.

I have decided to replace my Maruti Omni with another Petrol car, since my monthly running is only 1500 kms, and Diesel is worthwhile only for far greater running. Is that right ? Actually I have test driven an Indigo LX(D) and was not very happy as a diesel engine cant really come into its own during city driving. Most of my driving is in the city - NOIDA, Delhi. Also, this was the first time I was driving a diesel car.

So we are looking for a petrol car in the budget of about Rs.6.5 lakhs. And the options that I am toying with are the Honda City GXI, Indigo GSX(Petrol) and the Aveo 1.4 LS. Can members please advise me based on their respective experiences/knowledge about these cars, or suggest another alternative. I have test driven all three cars, and based on driving pleasure/smoothness and handling, felt that the City and Aveo are both ahead of the Indigo. The Aveo seemed heavier and more stable on the road compared to the City,but I am told that it is also less economical, fuel wise, giving only 14kmpl as against 16 of the City, in city driving.

Would be grateful for any suggestions/inputs ASAP as am hoping to take the decision by 15 Sep 06. At the moment I am not considering anything from the Maruti family, but is it worth waiting for the new Baleno ?

Thanks,
AshokS
Old 12th September 2006, 20:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think honda city mileage figure of 16 in city is just a myth

Honda city GXI may not fit into your budget[6.5 lakhs] but the honda city is the best car for your needs you may be able to fit in the EXi model into your budget.
Aveo 1.4 is the next best.New baleno may not be available till atleast mid of next year so it may not be worthwhile waiting so long.

Ex showroom price of the honda city exi model in delhi is Rs.669757.675,so maybe this is the model you are looking at.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 12th September 2006 at 20:16.
Old 12th September 2006, 20:50   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Topic has been discussed several times before. PLease use the search function, and you will find your answer.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks