Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2006, 15:53   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi All,

I am a new member of this fantastic forum and i need your expert help and guidance urgently as i am finalizing my new car within a week. I am currently driving a Santro and wish to upgrade to a bigger car and shortlised on Viva CRDI & Ford Fiesta. I am more of a performance oriented type of person and find Viva CRDi much better than Fiesta. Some queries I have are:-

a.) Viva CRDi is really noisy as people keep mentioning? I mean is it unbearable? Are their too many vibrations?

b.) Can I fit 14" alloys to this car? Do i need to change the tyres?

c.) What is realistic FE for city and highway?

d.) Driving Experience of this car/

Can users/experts of Viva CRDI and Fiesta Diesel give them experiences and opinions of what is good and what is bad about these cars. My heart is sold on viva crdi in red with alloys but, do let me know your opinion

Thanks
Avinash
Old 12th September 2006, 16:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Verna is likely to be launched by Sep 25yh 2006, which is discussed here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-page-2-a.html

Its worth waiting since Accent might be discontinued after this launch.
Old 12th September 2006, 16:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

dude, welcome to TBHP!

do search for "crdi or accent" and you will get teh info needed.

Why not wait till the month end as by then the new verna would be out...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-page-2-a.html
Old 12th September 2006, 17:20   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks MSdivy and JK das,

But, what i know it will be priced slightly higher than the current accent crdi ( which i think will make sense) as they are improving the technology ( 4 cylinders, vvt, reduction in NVH, etc)

What do you think will be the onroad price for Verna CRDI?
Old 12th September 2006, 18:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

According to reports, its likely to be between 6.5 - 7.5 (Ex) [ http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1941542.cms ]
Verna CRDi is expected to competively priced vis a vis Fiesta TDCi.
Old 12th September 2006, 19:11   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Hi All,

I am a new member of this fantastic forum and i need your expert help and guidance urgently as i am finalizing my new car within a week. I am currently driving a Santro and wish to upgrade to a bigger car and shortlised on Viva CRDI & Ford Fiesta. I am more of a performance oriented type of person and find Viva CRDi much better than Fiesta. Some queries I have are:-

a.) Viva CRDi is really noisy as people keep mentioning? I mean is it unbearable? Are their too many vibrations?

b.) Can I fit 14" alloys to this car? Do i need to change the tyres?

c.) What is realistic FE for city and highway?

d.) Driving Experience of this car/

Can users/experts of Viva CRDI and Fiesta Diesel give them experiences and opinions of what is good and what is bad about these cars. My heart is sold on viva crdi in red with alloys but, do let me know your opinion

Thanks
Avinash
Hi Avinash,

I recently got a Viva CRDi. The car is noisy when the Engine is cold but reduces as the Engine warms up. I get 12 KMPL in the city with AC On and the best I have got on the Highway is 18KMPL with the AC on. I dont have anything to complain about on the driving experience after doing 5500 Km in 2 months
Old 12th September 2006, 20:37   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Thanks MSdivy and JK das,

But, what i know it will be priced slightly higher than the current accent crdi ( which i think will make sense) as they are improving the technology ( 4 cylinders, vvt, reduction in NVH, etc)

What do you think will be the onroad price for Verna CRDI?
What ever extra you pay for the Verna should be worth it. It is supposed to be launched with 110 BHP VGT CRDi engine. Also, torque figures are amazing. That will easily make it one of the best performing cars in its segment. Those extra bucks will be well spent. The only problem is nothing is sure untill it is launched.

Check out the Verna and if you are not happy with it, then you could still go with Viva CRDi. Either way you do not loose anything, except a few weeks.
Old 13th September 2006, 06:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
What ever extra you pay for the Verna should be worth it. It is supposed to be launched with 110 BHP VGT CRDi engine. Also, torque figures are amazing. That will easily make it one of the best performing cars in its segment. Those extra bucks will be well spent. The only problem is nothing is sure untill it is launched.

Check out the Verna and if you are not happy with it, then you could still go with Viva CRDi. Either way you do not loose anything, except a few weeks.
and they may even reduce the price of the older Accent.
Old 13th September 2006, 17:07   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi All

Hi Guys,

Thanks a bunch to all for your valuable feedback. I know from the article in economic times that verna is being launched in Delhi on Sep 25. But, strangely, i haven't seen a single advertisement/announcement in any newspaper yet. I reckon they are playing it close to the chest.

Good idea, I shall wait till end of this month and decide my purchase.

Any further inputs from viva crdi owners would be more than welcome !!! ( Arun thanks for your feedback)

Cheers
Avinash
Old 13th September 2006, 20:18   #10

hey mobike if u do decide on this car its amazin))
ive had this 1 for 2 years now and no probs
i drive insane and i get 10.5 to 11.5 in the city with abt 75% a/c
but wait for the verna this 82bhp crdi gets ppl scared imagine a 110bhp 1))
Old 14th September 2006, 10:43   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Madhukesh,

Thanks for your feedback, yes i can imagine the power in new verna, its gonna beat the competition hollow. Just lets hope in reality its as good as its on paper.

btw, if you can give me any pointers more info about your viva crdi driving experience, i would really appreciate it

you can send me an email at mobike008@gmail.com

Cheers and thanks
Avinash

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks