Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 10:58   #16
BHPian

1.3 Exi OHC/2002 June model/25k km

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
ranjith I prevoius owned a 2000 model OHC it had clear head model .... had driven it for 60k and loved the car ...... sold it in 2004 .....very nice car...

will try the dealer here for the same.....
Hi OHC lovers,

Its been long time I was in search and trying to get hold of OHC type II (2000 -2003 models). My wish list included Heather Mist color (best color per me for OHC), single owner, preferably driven less than 50k, that's it.

Finally have come across a Single owner 1.3 Exi OHC/2002 June model/25k km driven/comp insure -June 2010/Heather Mist color/bangalore registration.

Its in stock condition, even the casette stereo player is still there.

Car I felt and per se I believe is geniune 25k km run, since the brake while I felt firm for that km, and tyres also said so. Anyway that I will confirm from a mechanic, if possible Honda guy only and rest all including suspension, if any thing hit from bottom or hit on gearbox and oil sump.

No body dents and blemishes, except a small dot on left front door caused by some two wheeler and little paint touch required on left portion of front bumper.

Now coming to most juicy part, money matters.

Owner has been mostly abroad, so only the less km driven. Asking price was 4 lakh, and now as a final offer is 3.5 lakh, else he plans to take it to mumbai.

I initially quoted 2.75 lakh, now he has given me one more chance to bid the final offer. My mind says nothing more than 2.90 lakh or max of 2.95 lakh in case some negotiation goes on.

Honda lovers, admirers, exclusive and proud honda owners, I don't know its been a craze to get a OHC from the time I knew about honda engines, rev's, 90 -100 bhp at your disposal, I been madly in love for OHC.

I prank for my mad towards Honda, rather thank T BHP for all that information I got regarding Honda.

So let me know what should be a right offer assuming that 25k km is genuine, which I will confirm this weekend. Before that appreciate your valuable suggestions, comments and the correct offer I can make to this guy.

Thanks
prsn
Old 20th July 2009, 12:08   #17
BHPian

@prsnck : The price seems to be on higher side (3.5 lakhs) for the 1.3 exi. Please confirm with some dealers before going ahead with the deal. 3.5 lakhs for a 7 year old vehicle is too much. If add some more to that amount you can get a later model car.

Also check carwale for proper resale rates. Good luck friend.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

3.5 for a 1.3 OHC is high anyday.

Also, if the owner was abroad, was the car getting serviced regularly?

On a totally different note, and somewhat on same lines as OP, my dad wants to sell his NHC. Its a 2005 Gxi model, done 41K. Recently the car got new Yokohoma A drives, a legal garware sunfilm, and not so recently, a music system thats hardly been used. It has comprehensive insurance till august 2010. And the car is located in Patiala.
What would be the right price for this?
Old 20th July 2009, 14:45   #19
BHPian

1.3 exi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
@prsnck : The price seems to be on higher side (3.5 lakhs) for the 1.3 exi. Please confirm with some dealers before going ahead with the deal. 3.5 lakhs for a 7 year old vehicle is too much. If add some more to that amount you can get a later model car.

Also check carwale for proper resale rates. Good luck friend.
Hi mnhegde,

Thanks for your inputs. While had words with Honda (Auto Terrace), they have been quoting 3-3.5 for the same model/condition OHC. But one dealer I know closely, was telling it should not fetch more than 2.5 lkh.

And in car wale :

1. 2.80 is the least and excellent is 3.10 lkh.

I am really bemused.

Also applied the depreciation theory :

It was 6.5 onroad price in and about 2002 - 2003 for 1.3 Exi OHC.
Applied 45 % depreciation - 2.9 lkh apporx

OHC's - they really have bloody resale value I say.

Any say here.

thanks
prsn
Old 20th July 2009, 16:15   #20
BHPian

OHC's command higher resale values here . But still, things would have been different if the car you mentioned had the 1.5 badge. Haven't driven the 1.3, but 1.5 is good. Try to find 1.5's if possible. You may find some good ones (assuming your budget is 3 lakhs).

1.3 = 90 bhp
1.5 = 100 bhp

Last edited by mnhegde : 20th July 2009 at 16:17.
Old 20th July 2009, 18:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Its way too high for a 1.3.Only good thing is about the mileage,if its genuine. I have seen a 2003 1.5exi,single owner done around 50k for 3.2L or so. One important thing is that 1.3exi doesnt have much resale value compared to 1.5exi as people looking for Honda prefer 1.5exi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks