Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2017, 15:24   #151
BHPian

But that's an ugly looking car that's not very easy to drive in the city and which is pretty much outside my budget. Isn't the S-Cross a decent car for broken roads?
Old 12th July 2017, 15:40   #152
Team-BHP Support

Re: With a Hyundai Verna in the Garage, Which Car to Buy Next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
And we get to keep the lambi gaadi which is such an important metric for people to judge each other by in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Ayush, do remember that roads up in hills and the NH-31/34 deteriorate rapidly in the monsoon, pick a slightly raised car. I don't exactly have anything in mind as yet, but XUV in AT trim would be a good bet as well.
Agree with the above. Unchi is certainly the new lambi.

More practical and considered more prestigious as well these days. No wonder all the sedans (except for DZire) are facing the heat from cars like the Brezza, Creta etc.

Neither do they compromise much over the sedans either. Creta and XUV 5OO AT ticks a lot of boxes, but since the only issue you had with the Duster was a lack of "perceived class", I believe the Creta Diesel AT would be the one to check all the boxes.

Ok, may be not the below one.

Quote:
[*]How long you intend on keeping this car (and how important resale is to you): We intend to keep it for at least a decade and resale value is not important at all. In fact, the lower resale value I can expect, the better, because that usually means that it is the better, more differentiated car.
That is the most unique requirement in the "What car" forum ever. But yes. I totally do understand your sentiments.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th July 2017 at 15:47.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 02:08   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That sounds like a plan. What would I gain in switching from the Verna to a Corolla, if I were to do it? And where would I find such a car?
You will have to check in online portals such as the TBhp classifieds, carwale, etc.
Even with some reputed dealers in your city.

What you would gain are:
- Better legroom and rear seat comfort
- Better dynamics (boat like vs neutral handling)
- better engine
- bigger boot space
- better ground clearance
Old 17th July 2017, 07:50   #154
BHPian

Does it make sense for me too sell the Verna and buy this car instead? https://www.olx.in/item/beige-toyota...-ID19wuvf.html

I just saw it on OLX and the owner is one of my brother's close friends, so I want to make sure my mind is made up before approaching him. Is that a good asking price?
Old 19th July 2017, 05:56   #155
BHPian

I am in a quandary too. My 2010 Fiesta is having so many niggling issues that I want to dispose it off and get a new one. I tried going through the upgrade bug on the used car side. However most of the cars I come across are flood affected but not mentioned.

In new car front I narrowed down to Ecosport diesel Titanium or New Honda City Petrol V. I am now at a confused stage.
Old 22nd August 2017, 22:32   #156
Senior - BHPian

Re: In search of a new car. EDIT: 6-12 lakh budget

I want to know which one is better bet - Maruti Dzire or Maruti Baleno?

I personally like Baleno but Dzire is not bad either in terms of overall looks and road presence.

Probably planning to swap my WagonR with either of these soon. Please suggest.

EDIT - How about waiting for new gen Maruti Swift? Any other hatchback/mini-sedan coming up soon?

Last edited by bluevolt : 22nd August 2017 at 22:35.
Old 23rd August 2017, 00:15   #157
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I want to know which one is better bet - Maruti Dzire or Maruti Baleno?

I personally like Baleno but Dzire is not bad either in terms of overall looks and road presence.

Probably planning to swap my WagonR with either of these soon. Please suggest.

EDIT - How about waiting for new gen Maruti Swift? Any other hatchback/mini-sedan coming up soon?
Having recently driven them both(petrol), here are my observations-

1. The Dzire feels a bit more nimble to drive. The performance is similar.

2. The Baleno feels like a bigger car and feels more luxurious from inside. Be it the dials, the armrest area etc. the Baleno feels better. The black interiors do aid in hiding the average quality parts used in the car. These are more visible with beige interiors.

3. Baleno has more interior space than the Dzire and is slightly better equipped, especially in the lower variants.

4. Build quality is more or less the same.

My advice would be to go for the Baleno if you are looking at the mid-variants, especially if you are looking at the Delta/Vxi. Have a look at the feature set of these two variants and you will know why I am saying this. If you want a car which is better to drive, go for the Dzire. It is only marginally better to drive than the Baleno. If you attach more importance to the interiors than the exteriors and don't care about the 'badi gaadi' thing which is prevalent in India, the Baleno should make for a better buy.

P.S.- I had a experience of the LED projectors in the Ignis and the throw is much much better than the HIDs in the Baleno. The top end Dzire is equipped with LED projectors.

P.P.S.- Be ready for rattles. The 2 year old Baleno test drive car was rattling badly from the rear door and the parcel tray area. Should be similar for the Dzire as well.

P.P.P.S.- I ended up booking the Figo Diesel

Last edited by AYP : 23rd August 2017 at 00:20.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 06:44   #158
BHPian

Should not the EX version of the new Petrol Verna be on the cards. It has got the highest torque engine of the lot and the car is also better put together.
Old 26th August 2017, 21:25   #159
BHPian

How is the previous generation Elantra ? I wasn't able to find a T-BHP review of this model. Does it suffer from the infamous Hyndai "boat-ride" dynamics?

I am seeing deals in Bangalore for around 12L for 3 year old Elantra Diesel SX(O) ATs. Considering that the engine and transmission (the 1.6L diesel and 6AT) are proven, I'm more than a bit interested in these listings.

I'm looking for a sedan which is reasonably fun-to-drive, with AT, which is comfortable for tall drivers.
Old 24th September 2017, 20:01   #160
Senior - BHPian

So, a 2 years and 9 months old car buying dilemma comes to an end.

Mind was with Dzire, but the heart chose the Baleno

Awaiting delivery. Will open a separate ownership thread in due course of time.
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks