Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2024, 21:11   #256

Re: Picking the right car for my senior citizen dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvardhanraje View Post
Hello BHPians,

It needs to be reliable and fuss free to maintain. Don't want dad to be running from pillar to post for service and spares.

I am open to wait for a few months to find the right car. There is no hurry to get the car. Would love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks,
Rajvardhan
The perfect car fitting your requirements would be a Ciaz AT, it's a very less talked about car. 2016-17 models are available in your budget range. Plus it comes with a reliable 4-speed torque converter and good safety rating.
Yuvuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 21:30   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

Posting this thread to help me pick the right car for my father who is in his early sixties.

Context: Need to replace the old 2008 Tata Indica Xeta with a fuss free reliable used sedan.
I would recommend getting a post-facelift Ciaz since they put in the 1.5L Petrol with the Hybrid system in 2018. IMO, it looks better too and the
1.5 is a more tractable engine for the Ciaz than the older 1.4.
It's relatively fuss-free too with good aftersales support, but will surely require an increase in the budget since post-2018 Ciaz are harder to come by as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuvuz View Post
The perfect car fitting your requirements would be a Ciaz AT, it's a very less talked about car. 2016-17 models are available in your budget range. Plus it comes with a reliable 4-speed torque converter and good safety rating.
The Ciaz, which is marketed in India has never been tested by GNCAP or BNCAP as far as I can remember. Did not get a safety rating, at least for India.
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 00:22   #258
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
The Ciaz, which is marketed in India has never been tested by GNCAP or BNCAP as far as I can remember. Did not get a safety rating, at least for India.
If it is worth noting at all, incidentally the Indian version weighs a bit more than the one tested in the ASEAN ncap report. It does also feel fairly okay (as long as we are to trust the City 4th gen’s level of safety not VW levels). That said can never be certain.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 10:00   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuvuz View Post
I have shorlisted a 2017 ZXi AT. If fits into the budget and looks good on paper. Will be checking it out soon at the dealer. The AT though outdated, would serve my purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
I would recommend getting a post-facelift Ciaz since they put in the 1.5L Petrol with the Hybrid system in 2018. IMO, it looks better too and the
1.5 is a more tractable engine for the Ciaz than the older 1.4.
It's relatively fuss-free too with good aftersales support, but will surely require an increase in the budget since post-2018 Ciaz are harder to come by as of now.
Even my preference was for the facelift version. The 1.5L seems better than the older 1.4L. But as you mentioned the two primary issues are availability and budget. Majority of these are 2019-20 models priced significantly higher. I found one which was a 2018 Sigma which did fit the budget, but had 2 owners, no service history at the MASS, suspiciously low running, wear and tear disproportionate to age and running. So dropped it.
rajvardhanraje is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 11:29   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have shorlisted a 2017 ZXi AT. If fits into the budget and looks good on paper. Will be checking it out soon at the dealer. The AT though outdated, would serve my purpose.
There are a couple of post-facelift Sigmas available from what I see on a quick search. They're slightly over budget, but I genuinely feel it's worth getting something post-facelift.

Not sure if the posts are legitimate, but if you'd like I'll share them with you. Also, look for cars in Mumbai and surrounding areas as well. There is always a bit more choice available here.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 18th June 2024 at 11:30.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks