Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2006, 13:08   #31
BANNED

Still to test drive City.... as i never considered it as one in my list... yes, only VTEC model appeals to me as i do want the feel while driving as well...

Let's see i need to now go to the Honda dealer to check out the model... on road cost is 8,55,701.... which is heavy.... but still i will give it a look...

By this Sunday i should have closed the car... it is getting delayed and delayed...

Thanks a ton to all of you out there.... i will come back on this when i have test driven City VTEC....

Thanks for being paitent with me
Old 1st August 2006, 13:42   #32
BHPian

i am so sure now that UDIT will close this thread and run away some place baning his head with new confusion on his head !!!! udit @ take time and decide.
Old 1st August 2006, 13:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
Still to test drive City.... as i never considered it as one in my list... yes, only VTEC model appeals to me as i do want the feel while driving as well... Let's see i need to now go to the Honda dealer to check out the model... on road cost is 8,55,701.... which is heavy.... but still i will give it a look...
Do test drive the City and all other cars that are in consideration. Since power was your 1st priority, the VTEC it should be.

What is another 56K when you are already ready to spend 8L ? More so, when you are ready to pay 8L for Fiesta Diesel or 7.6L for Fiesta Sxi Petrol ? Consider the extra money to be towards the reliability, low maintenance, better FE, better resale that comes standard with Honda cars ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 1st August 2006 at 13:56.
Old 1st August 2006, 14:39   #34
BANNED

Yes i know Honda brand name has something to it... I will close on my car by this weekend... Will be one of these:

1. Honda City VTEC / Gxi - don't know yet
2. Ford Fiesta Sxi P / Zxi D
3. Baleno Lxi - Black - with great options to do this up

Will keep you guys updated
Old 1st August 2006, 14:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i know Honda brand name has something to it... I will close on my car by this weekend... Will be one of these:

1. Honda City VTEC / Gxi - don't know yet
2. Ford Fiesta Sxi P / Zxi D
3. Baleno Lxi - Black - with great options to do this up

Will keep you guys updated
Udit if you are going to mod your car then go for the Baleno! You can do a lot with the money saved when buying it.
If you want to keep it as stock then I would recommend the Fiesta SXi Petrol. The NHC VTEC is not really value for money & is a tad overpriced IMHO. I had driven one belonging to a fellow-TBHPian & came away feeling distinctly unimpressed with the car.
Old 1st August 2006, 16:55   #36
BANNED

Yes, this is true, if i want to mod my car; i should go for Baleno only... because touching the 8L ones is not feasible for me....

I am working on closing the car... let's see... should have the decision very soon now...
Old 1st August 2006, 17:34   #37
BANNED

Hey Ram,

You recently got your Baleno, can you tell me what is the insurance cost of this car? If someone from Delhi also can tell me this....
Old 1st August 2006, 18:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this is true, if i want to mod my car; i should go for Baleno only... because touching the 8L ones is not feasible for me....
Wow, a Baleno modded well - especially the exteriors. That should be a sight.
Arush (autopsyche) has done a good job on many cars, but don't remember seeing a Baleno among them.
Anyway, take your time, test drive all cars and come to a decision. Do not hurry through the selection process involving 6-8L.

Quote:
can you tell me what is the insurance cost of this car?
Regarding insurance cost, for an Lxi it was 21K for me. Should be 1-2K more for a Vxi. But these are based on Chennai prices. Since car prices are cheaper in Delhi, the insurance costs will also be lesser.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 1st August 2006 at 18:08.
Old 1st August 2006, 19:32   #39
BANNED

Thanks Supreme.... well i am in this deciding mode since couple of months.... now time has come to close it ASAP... so now i shall decide fast
Old 1st August 2006, 20:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Supreme.... well i am in this deciding mode since couple of months.... now time has come to close it ASAP... so now i shall decide fast

Hey Udit,

Just to help you postpone your decision.

The elantra petrol costs the same price as around 8lacs and is a bigger and more powerful car. Has more or less the same equipment levels.

Downside would be the looks and interiors(my personal opinion) and a low Fuel Efficiency than the c segment cars.

I dont like NHC zx but for the vtec's I can have second thoughts . the only problem is the equipment levels compared to the competition for what is otherwise a nice car. I would still buy the fiesta sxi for 7 with ABS and use the rest 1 lac to modify compared to the vtec.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 1st August 2006 at 20:07.
Old 1st August 2006, 21:13   #41
BANNED

Hmmm... confusion pe confusion not able to decide...
Old 2nd August 2006, 22:49   #42
BHPian

Hi Udit,

In my opinion choose a NHC. The NHC zxi drives well and will be within your budget as well. As far as the baleno (no offence to anyone) IMO you will save money no doubt but end up buying an old model car.
Old 2nd August 2006, 23:56   #43
BHPian

dude take my toss. if i had that money i would have taken the fiesta sxi petrol with your kind of useage. or the diesel if i did a bit more travelling. anyways now its up to you.
Old 3rd August 2006, 07:23   #44
BANNED

Yeah, fiesta sxi looks good... but was reading some reviews on mouthshut.com; it has a mixed response - mostly ford after sales is not appreciated and seems heavy on pocket...

The same is the case with NHC; heavy to maintain this car... Now, getting some inclination towards Black Baleno as that seems to be VFM car though looks are not appreciated by all( 99% hated, 1 % loved)

Let's see i am on it to close it ASAP
Old 3rd August 2006, 08:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Udit,

Ask LAMBORGHINI FOR A DETAILED REVIEW OF HIS FORD fiesta.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ghlight=fiesta

Likes –
Torque
F.E
Build Quality
Ride and Handling
Boot Space
Beat the price Hike by 1 day

Build Quality –
IMHO, the build quality of Fords has come a long way from the Ikon. While the doors do not shut with the same solid feel of the Palio/Petra, they are leagues ahead of the NHC.The quality of materials used is also quite impressive with the interiors feeling like a typical 8L car.

Fiat has already been killed by such rumours.

http://carwale.com/Resources/Detaile.../FiestaVsCity/

honda city v/s fiesta.

I would still suggest fiesta with ABS

Last edited by devarshi84 : 3rd August 2006 at 08:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks