Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Which compact sedan would you choose?
Tata Zest 366 64.78%
Maruti Dzire 74 13.10%
Honda Amaze 60 10.62%
Hyundai Xcent 65 11.50%
Voters: 565. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2014, 17:53   #31

Re: Tata Zest vs Maruti Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent

I will go with Zest.
Great features with Spacious well-designed interiors & comfortable seats compared to Amaze and Dzire. Regarding ASS, I am happy with TATA. I have been using Manza and absolutely enjoying.
Just hope that there are no initial niggling issues which can dent customer confidence.
Old 13th August 2014, 17:53   #32
BHPian

Voted for Zest. With its more powerful engine, nice and spacious interiors and features Zest is my choice. I would like to believe that Tata will do their best to provide the customer a more reliable product and a nice ASS experience.
Old 13th August 2014, 17:59   #33
BHPian

I voted for ZEST

I own vista quadrajet for 5.5 years and have done 1,12,000 kilometers in it. Apart from small niggles it has been great experience. Regarding TASS I am really satisfied with the service. Lately it has been improved significantly. As far as I know when I go with my friend in Maruti Showroom to service his car and to inquire something, I really see the difference. TASS is better than MASS as per my experience.

1) ZEST well equipped, well priced, knitted with quality car with looks which are not sore to eyes and with interior of great design and quality.

2) Dzire: Good Car, Reliable but extremely bad in looks. I feel, purchasing this car is like marring absurd looking but very rich woman.

3) Amaze: Everything is good except a cabin and maintenance cost of famous Honda.

4) Xcent: Good Petrol Engine but under powered diesel. I feel not so appealing looks.

Zest>>XCent>>DZire>>Amaze
sushantr5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 18:03   #34
BHPian

I have voted for the Dzire (below is in order of preference):
1. Dzire: tried and tested product. happy to be in the bunch of 15k+ buyers every month.
2. Zest: car looks good on paper. however would want to let 9-12 months go past and check out the reviews before going for a tata product again.
3. Amaze: hate the interiors... that was the deal breaker when i bought my Dzire last year.
4. Xcent: No Hyundai's for me ever.
Old 13th August 2014, 18:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

I voted for ZEST.

I am a very satisfied customer of Tata over last 5 years. My Vista has served me really well and still going very strong at 56k KMs.

I agree that the service quality has improved drastically from the Indica/Indigo days to the Vista/Manza/Safari days.

Dear VeluM, you mentioned about poor experience ebhono had with his Storme at the TASS, however, that is the ONLY negative case on the entire Storme thread. You probably missed the amazing experience one member in Gurgaon/Noida had at a TASS for his Storme. So we can NOT wipe out one's credibility with just one case out of 100s.

Anyways, to each his own. IMHO, Tata is only going to go up North, in terms of products, technology and most of the other factors.

3 cheers to the team of Zest !

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 13th August 2014 at 18:39.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 20:04   #36
BHPian

If i were looking at a diesel then definitely the Zest Diesel F tronic. Tata has a potential winner here. Yet to drive it but seems a superb fit for city needs.

For a petrol I'd go with the Xcent. While the T-bhp review is rates the revotron well I'm not sure I'd take be comfortable with a Tata product (durability, build quality) when I have equally competent options.

Statistically the vote goes to Zest.
Old 13th August 2014, 20:38   #37
BHPian

Tata is really aggressive in terms of marketing for Zest. I reached office today in Gurgaon and they already have their "Display" stall inside the Office zone. One big negative point i noticed is only one glass holder in whole car. But yes, Fit and finish wise, looks very premium and hence, well done Tata for erasing major minus point from their tally. Voted for our Indian company.
Old 13th August 2014, 21:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Voted for zest, ticks all the boxes including price tag! I didn't wait for it during my purchase as I have hesitation to buy newly launched products. Hope they get the reliability part right this time, I will surely recommend it over other cars if its as reliable as Hyundai or Suzuki!
Old 13th August 2014, 21:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Though my vote is for Zest as of now, i will wait for few months. Its a good car but let it prove first. Dzire is still the market leader & will be for next few months at least. Zest will be the real competitor to Dzire now. Amaze & Xcent need to be little worried i guess. Every car here have its own pros & cons. Tata will surely get good numbers with this for sure though, specially for AMT when it is available. Let's wait & watch.
Old 13th August 2014, 22:02   #40
BHPian

I want to introduce another contendor here. The Zest is based almost completely on the old Vista/Manza with some aesthetic improvements, features and build quality. Its still a pretty old car in actual terms.

Why not give the Ford Classic another chance? We are all part of this forum because we love to drive. Few things for and against:

Pros:
- Excellent ride and handling compared to the other 4
- Biggest capacity petrol and extremely driveable diesel
- Relatively lower price compared to the others. Good discounts

Cons
- Old looks. I like it compared to the odd ball proportion of the others though. Looks like a proper sedan
- Bit cramped at the back

What do you think guys? My money is on the Classic
Old 13th August 2014, 22:45   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
If you aren't in a hurry I will suggest wait a couple of months so a clear picture regarding the Zest comes out as people take deliveries. Otherwise Xcent seems to be a better package among all.
My worry is that a couple of months may not be enough to judge a tata v1 product, at least for me.

Yet to drive the diesel Xcent. Plan to do it on the long weekend
Old 13th August 2014, 22:51   #42
BHPian

I voted for Zest.
I have evaluated the cars on the following criteria:
Criteria Car Rankings
Best looker Xcent > Zest > Amaze > Dzire
Best Interior Zest > Dzire > Xcent > Amaze
Cabin Space and comfortable Seats Zest > Dzire > Amaze > Xcent (I believe Amaze's rear seat is short of lumber support as compared with that of Dzire's)
Diesel Engine Multijet > idtec > 1.1l crdi
Petrol Engine revotron 1.2L turbo with class-leading torque > vvt > vtvt > ivtec
Boot space Xcent > Amaze > Zest > Dzire (approximately 40 litres of difference between amaze and Zest, negligible)
Features Zest > Xcent > Dzire > Amaze
ASS cost TATA > Maruti Suzuki > Hyundai > Honda
Best Driver's seat Zest > Dzire > Xcent > Honda
NVH levels Diesel Dzire > Zest > Xcent > Honda
NVH levels Petrol All are equally good
Good Build quality - less cost cutting Xcent = Zest > Dzire > Honda
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 23:53   #43

At the price and features included I would say Zest BUT what about after sales services. This has been a weak point of TATA.

I like the styling of the Xcent compared to the others but as an overall package, I voted for the Zest.

Amaze & Dzire - Sorry, they are great car but overall package makes Zest stand out.
Old 14th August 2014, 05:58   #44
BHPian

Zest rules mind and heart both if we compare it to Amaze, Dzire & Xcent.

Design, space, features and an optional AMT mated with diesel are the factors to be considered here.

Though it will be too early to predict, I strongly believe about TML folks being very serious about quality and keeping the car niggle-free this time.

The only thing one might be concerned about is the 'Taxi' image the brand and predecessors of this car are associated with it. However that could not be a deal breaker since that perception shall change only with time when more personal users start acquiring it.
Old 14th August 2014, 06:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_7 View Post
Why not give the Ford Classic another chance? We are all part of this forum because we love to drive. Few things for and against:

Pros:
- Excellent ride and handling compared to the other 4
- Biggest capacity petrol and extremely driveable diesel
- Relatively lower price compared to the others. Good discounts

Cons
- Old looks. I like it compared to the odd ball proportion of the others though. Looks like a proper sedan
- Bit cramped at the back

What do you think guys? My money is on the Classic
Handling surely the Fiesta classic is good, however the styling is old. In terms of maintenance, it sure is not easy on the pocket after 3 years and some good mileage on the odo. My friends Classic, single owner, done 60k and maintained immaculately does attract a bill of atleast 10k for every service.

The rear seat is strictly 2 adults.

Service for one on the TATA is the cheapest, and with their AMC's, it's peanuts.

Rear seat comfort, none can beat TATA in this category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchitectIT View Post
At the price and features included I would say Zest BUT what about after sales services. This has been a weak point of TATA.

I like the styling of the Xcent compared to the others but as an overall package, I voted for the Zest.

Amaze & Dzire - Sorry, they are great car but overall package makes Zest stand out.

Past 2 years have really seen a turnaround in terms of ASS. My Vista with 44K on the ODO has seen some very good days at Concorde. No complains.

Had I one, I would not be even thinking of getting another TATA product. So much so that I did give Xcent a pass, knowing the Zest and Bolt are launching.

Most Viewed