Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 22:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Want To Buy New Car ----- Plz Suggest

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends9811 View Post
Dear All,

1. My budget is around 6.50 Lacs
2. My daily running is around 80kms (Delhi ncr)
3. We have small family {2 adults/2 children}
4. I am looking for car with good looks, advanced features, safety & economical on running & maintainance.
5. Have checked Swift zxi, i20 sports, but i am really not able to decide.
Dear Mate, Considering your inputs, i think Swift Vdi or Top end Liva should solve your requirement. The ex-showroom price + Taxes= OTR as thought by you. Considering the reliability and maintenance in long run Swift Vdi is a best bet, as per your daily usage too Swift Vdi. However sedans shall exceed your budget line and in case you go for a sedan you have to be mindful of the following right from begining:

* Get the best possible deal in terms of accessories, corporate discount and dealer discount.

* Maintenance cost per month shall increase which also includes higher EMI.

* Going by your budget, You will have to compromise on the features as no fully loaded sedan is available in this price band.

On a lighter note; if you like to modify your ride, swift has got alot of potential.

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 01:33   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Dear All,

Greetings, It has been almost 7 years when i last time bought my new car [Accent GLE] with all your valuable inputs.. now the time has again come to start this exercise once again request you all to suggest/advise for the same...

4. I am looking for car with good looks, advanced features, safety & economical on running & maintainance.

Regards
Considering your usage diesel would be appropriate for you. If you want a vfm hatch please have a look at the ritz vdi abs. Absolutely value for money -safety, fe and overall performance is impressive.
If you want a sedan amaze base variant might fit your budget. Look no further the base variant gets air bags too. The claimed fe is great and ofcourse 100ps won't disappoint you
If you are inclined towards petrol then why don't you check the used market? You can get better deals considering the downfall in market for petrol vehicles.
If you want to get something new then swift zxi would be good!
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 12:12   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

Greetings, It has been almost 7 years when i last time bought my new car [Accent GLE] with all your valuable inputs.. now the time has again come to start this exercise once again request you all to suggest/advise for the same...

Regards
I think Honda Amaze Diesel is the right car for you. However, if you could pour in a little more and if you are okay with the looks then you may also consider Toyota Etios Diesel. Toyota have always been reliable and diesel will take care of your high running. However, you get both the benefits in Honda Amaze too. Personally, not a fan of D'zire hence will not recommend from my side.
If you want to shift to hatchbacks then you can include the Toyota Liva, Swift top end or even the Hyundai Grand Diesel.
Old 6th September 2013, 13:00   #64
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
I assume your budget is 6.5 on-road as the cars that you have that you have mentioned are ex 5.77 and 5.95 respectively.

No doubt swift will be more economical to maintain and to run as well.

If you are a spirited driver,go for the swift. i20 petrol is sluggish only suited for sedate driving style.

Do consider the New Grand i10 Petrol, it is priced well Asta (O) at 5.47 ex.

You mentioned good looks, otherwise Ritz is also a contender.

To conclude , if you can work on the economics (Daily run and fuel costs) you can stretch your budget and consider buying a diesel. Unless, you are someone who does not like the turbo thingy
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 15:53   #65

@ Anurag..

Hi i am looking for hatchback (bcoz of parking problem) & am considering petrol wld prefer cng instead of Diesel,

Just checked i10 Grand yesterday (Asta o) @ koncept motors looks impressive @ 6.02 lacs on road.
Old 7th September 2013, 16:50   #66
BANNED

Quote:
@ Anurag..

Hi i am looking for hatchback (bcoz of parking problem) & am considering petrol wld prefer cng instead of Diesel,

Just checked i10 Grand yesterday (Asta o) @ koncept motors looks impressive @ 6.02 lacs on road.
My suggestion is the Swift ZXI. I feel the i20 petrol's engine doesn't have that feel as the K-Series so won't recommend that.

No, then why don't you look at the Stingray?

Anurag.
Old 7th September 2013, 17:09   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hi buddy,

A few questions I want to know the answer for:

1) Are you looking for a Hatchback or a Sedan?

2) Since you daily drive is 80 kms, I feel the car would be a Diesel engine or you want a petrol?

|
|
Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
My suggestion is the Swift ZXI. I feel the i20 petrol's engine doesn't have that feel as the K-Series so won't recommend that.

No, then why don't you look at the Stingray?

Anurag.
@ Anurag_ Sorry but did'nt liked it nothing different to wagon r
Old 8th September 2013, 10:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
Considering your set of requirements, I would suggest you get the Grand i10 1.2 Kappa2 Asta.

1. The new Grand i10 is quite a handsome car in its own right. It has just the right mix of curves and straight lines and the design will age well.
2. For a family of 4, it offers the most usable space.
3. It is easy to drive, is loaded with nifty features and has the essential safety kit in Asta trim.
4. Even though it does not have the best-in-segment fuel efficiency, it is reasonably fuel-efficient. As you are planning to get a CNG/LPG kit anyway, this should not concern you.
5. It's a Hyundai. Having used an Accent for long, I think you would appreciate sticking to the same company.
6. It is the latest version among its competitors and will guarantee you exclusivity atleast for some time.
7. Swifts are simply too common nowadays; it would be too sporty for your liking and has less interior space.

If you could possibly overcome your aversion to diesels, i would suggest you take a hard look at the diesel version. 80 kms a day translates to roughly 2500 km a month; that is a lot of distance to cover. Modern diesel engines are quite good, they are pretty much vibration free and do not come with any major vices. Check out the Grand i10 diesel and see if it suits you or not.

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
If you want a sedan amaze base variant might fit your budget. Look no further the base variant gets air bags too.
I think what you meant to say was that ABS is present in all variants. The Amaze comes with Airbags in the VX trim only.

Last edited by mohitk1993 : 8th September 2013 at 10:52. Reason: Grammatical errors
Old 8th September 2013, 10:57   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitk1993 View Post

I think what u meant to say was that ABS is present in all variants. The Amaze comes with Airbags in the VX trim only.
Oh yes abs and not air bags. Actually I remembered the maruti sales person using abs as air bag system for wagonr and wrote it
By mistake. I meant the Anti lock braking system only!
Thanks for correcting.
Old 8th September 2013, 23:14   #70

@Mohit..thanks for your suggestions in fact I'm just comparing swift zxi and grand asta o, am not considering diesel because of my tight budgeting and I'm getting top variants with full packed features in petrol...need to decide urgently but then again getting confused out of these two.

rgds
Old 9th September 2013, 11:13   #71
BHPian

Quote:
@Mohit..thanks for your suggestions in fact I'm just comparing swift zxi and grand asta o, am not considering diesel because of my tight budgeting and I'm getting top variants with full packed features in petrol...need to decide urgently but then again getting confused out of these two.

rgds
Both are quite good cars in their own right: you can't go wrong with either. Let me list a few pros and cons of each car that might help you decide:

Pros of Swift:

1. It is a Maruti. Period.
2. It should be a little more fuel-efficient than the Grand i10.
3. It looks more premium than the Grand i10 (atleast to me).

Cons of Swift:

1. Less interior space.
2. Restricted rear view. You might find reversing the car a pain.
3. It is just too common. Th joy of buying a new car is nullified to an extent.

Pros of Grand i10:

1. It is easier to drive than the Swift.
2. It is more spacious inside. It has a bigger boot too.
3. It is new. You are guaranteed exclusivity atleast for a few months.

Cons of Grand i10:

1. Numerous ownership reviews on TBHP suggest that the 1.2 Kappa is not as fuel-efficient as the 1.2 K12.
2. Servicing costs of Hyundai might be higher.

Before you make your mind, I suggest you take an extensive test drive of both the cars and see which suits you best.

All the best!
mohitk1993 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 22:01   #72
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friend9811, i think maruti swift zxi in petrol is best, earlier you thought of diesel so suggested you swift vdi. There are n-number of +points to it which have been illustrated in above post already. As an age old hindi saying goes "नया 9 दिन पुराने 100 दिन" But ya swift will not be giving you a exclusivity rather that's really immaterial and a temporary thing. Go for brand Maruti!!

thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 14:12   #73

Thanks everybody for ur valuable inputs have booked swift zxi

rgds
friends9811 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 08:18   #74
BANNED

Quote:

rgds
Congratulations for the Swift ZXi. Nice decision.

Would you mind to share the other details like Color, On the Road price, discounts, Freebies and expected delivery date!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 18:51   #75
BHPian

Quote:

rgds
Congratulations on your booking !! So what is the waiting time on the petrol variant. Which dealer did you book with ?

Also the K-Series petrol engine is lot more fun to drive as compared to Hyundai's 1.2 L Kappa unit on the i20.
Boot space could be mild dampener on the swift !!

Once delivered do start an ownership thread for your car.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks