Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2006, 19:15   #16
BHPian

What about the FE of Petra 1.6 EL? Besides Fiat cars may be for enthusiasts not for practical men ! Fiat sales are the lowest too. But it's a powerful car no doubt.

Last edited by Tech : 21st May 2006 at 19:22.
Old 21st May 2006, 19:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
it's Baleno buyers who actually think out of the box and go for it
Interesting point! Most people I seek advice from recommend the Accent or the Ikon without having ever test driven [or even taken a ride in] the Baleno.
Quote:
a few inputs from your side would clear some of your own doubts.
Service - Which are the 2/3 auto companies that have max presence in Raipur ? Resale - After how many years, tentatively, will it be sold ?
Well, I'm not very familiar with the city; my wife is from there and I'm from down south Will research this and get back with the data. Resale, well I'm not sure but I would guess that he would probably keep it for 5 years or so.
Quote:
For your F-I-L, the Accent could also be a peaceful buy .. dont discount it from your enthusiastic viewpoint ! And when you go for the test drives, do check out the rear seats too, as that's where he would be spending most of his time !
Hmm... Will take a second look at the Accent. Actually I'm arranging for test drives of all the said cars, so will prefer to wait for his take as well.
Quote:
Is the Indigo SX being considered ? Having a diesel, post retirement, would be lighter on the pocket.
Haven't considered anything from the Tata stable yet. The diesel part makes economical sense. But how about long trips in an Indigo? He plans to make longish [~150 Kms] trips regularly.

Last edited by highpriest : 21st May 2006 at 20:04.
Old 21st May 2006, 20:28   #18
BHPian

Everyone, thanks for all the responses! Hopefully after a round of test drives, my choice would be further narrowed. I'm not considering the Swift 1.6. I have the 1.3 and it's a pretty thirsty car [though awesome to rip] and he is specifically looking for a sedan.
Old 21st May 2006, 20:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see people finally considering cars other than maruti.

Yes Tata Indigo also makes a good buy. Its one of the more comfortable cars. Even more comfortable than most C segment cars. Diesel engine is the better selling part among the two engines. And yes INdigos are more relaiable Highway cruisers. power is nowhere near satisfactory but I dont think your father-In-Law is gunning for street GP's.

Its worth having a look at the Indigo.

Again another good option to have come up in petrol sedans is the Petra. But i.e. if the car is to be kept for some 5-6 years. Resale will be almost renundant. But comfort, Ride and handling, power and crusising capability are superb. Palio adventure maybe more better for those long journeys. FE will be 8-10.

I find the fiesta to be better than AVEo.

Quote:
Indigo Marina - 39382 cars
Honda City - 37544 cars
Hyundai Accent - 30301 cars
Esteem - 21843 cars
Ford Fiesta - 13007 cars (may be most of these sales were Fiesta Diesel 1.4)
Baleno - 10096 cars
Lancer / Cedia - 2113 cars
Ford Fusion - 1937 cars
Aveo - 1395 cars
Ikon sales dropped - ( negative) 12080 cars
point1- Baleno at 10096 cars is not exactly a sales boomer.
point2- THe sales figure are just for Mitsubishi lancer OLD and not the cedia.
point3- Ikon sales have dropped with the release of Fiesta and Death of 1.6
Old 21st May 2006, 20:45   #20
BHPian

you can go for ford fiesta or a hyundai accent crdi they both are really nice and other car in that budget can be the new tata indigo sx i know tata indigo isnt a great car but the latest top of the line model has 2 screens magwheels amazing interiors and comes in nice colors with good lookin front bumpers and also it has good fuel efficiency in diesel

Last edited by DX-RULZ : 21st May 2006 at 20:46.
Old 21st May 2006, 21:55   #21
BHPian

How about waiting for a few more months (maybe till sep / oct 06) for Hyundai Verna ?
http://www.aas.com.sg/features/archive/f01064.htm

Hyundai is fast coming up with Japanese and European standards with better world market positioning.
Old 21st May 2006, 23:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

I'd say to check out the Aveo. It looks wonderful. Never driven one so i dunno abt all the technical stuff. But its a sure better car than the rest i suppose. And the orangeish shade is really cool too..
Old 21st May 2006, 23:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriest
Haven't considered anything from the Tata stable yet. The diesel part makes economical sense. But how about long trips in an Indigo? He plans to make longish [~150 Kms] trips regularly.
Very comfortable car. And while you are taking a look at it, do check out the top end Indigo Marina TDi .. might make most sense .. with all that space .. and IMO it looks better than the Indigo sedan.
Old 21st May 2006, 23:32   #24
BHPian

hi highpriest,the fusion is a great car if you dont mind the styling!!why dont you take a test drive?

Quote:
i would recommend u anythin from Ford's stable Fiesta Fusion n Ikon 1.6(only available on demand)
kpzen,you sure the ikon 1.6 is still available on request?
Old 22nd May 2006, 00:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
I'd say to check out the Aveo. It looks wonderful. Never driven one so i dunno abt all the technical stuff.
I would like to appreciate this post...

You have guts to say the truth,unlike many others who bluff that they have driven this,that blah blah...and then finally misinterpreting the facts all together.

You deserve a Cheering:
Old 22nd May 2006, 01:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech
What about the FE of Petra 1.6 EL? Besides Fiat cars may be for enthusiasts not for practical men ! Fiat sales are the lowest too. But it's a powerful car no doubt.
Wow! You are an item aren't you?

F.E. from a Fiat Petra will be in the range of 9-12 kmpl in city and in the range of 14-16 kmpl on the highway.

I do not think the Petra or any Fiat makes sense for highpriest as the place of residence is Raipur and I doubt if Fiat service covers that area. And highpriest, if your dad really wants those long drives, then the Indigo will be the best bet.
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak
hi highpriest,the fusion is a great car if you dont mind the styling!!why dont you take a test drive?
I personally like the styling. Thanks for the suggestion, will check it out when I test drive the Fiesta.
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
And highpriest, if your dad really wants those long drives, then the Indigo will be the best bet.
The Indigo is a serious contender then! Thanks, I will take a long and hard look at it. I've got test drives lined up all this week for him. Should be interesting to know his feedback
Old 8th June 2006, 12:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

highpriest, what was the final choice ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
No doubt Baleno is a good car. No doubt its got excellent performance, no doubt its a maruti. But I have been tryin hard to put my point that now is the time Indians think out of the box.
So, whats exactly the problem here ? As per you, its a great car, but you just want people to buy something else, just for the heck of it or "out-of-the-box thinking" as you put it. Strange logic !!!

Quote:
I know the time is not far when 9/10 posts will be from baleno owners pushin ya for the same old car trying to help maruti outsell NHC.
Oh, yeah. Like some guys trying to push a much older car like the Lancer (which does not even sell 20% of what the Baleno sells) and trying to help HM.

Quote:
point1- Baleno at 10096 cars is not exactly a sales boomer.
You mention here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/135229-post6.html
the the baleno is currently selling like hot cakes. And now say that it "is not exactly a sales boomer". Make up your mind, man.
Old 8th June 2006, 13:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriest
- Ford Fiesta 1.4
- Chevy Aveo 1.4
- Baleno Lxi
- Hyundai Accent [not very keen really, just for comparo sake]
- NHC [goes out of budget, oh well...]

So which one shall it be? The tried and trusted [and loved] Baleno or one of the new boys? The car will be purchased and used in Raipur, Chattisgarh. He will retire in a year or so and will mostly be driven around with him in the rear seat. Comfort, refinement, low running and maintenance costs are the main factors.
Amongst the cars listed only Baleno/NHC have good rear seats. if you buy any other car your main requirement of comfort will not be met.

Baleno rear-seats are the best, but getting in-out of the rear-seats is painful for elderly people. NHC is the next best, but getting in-out is a lot better because of higher seating.

Aveo is your next best bet.

But definitely not Feista,accent.

Last edited by venkatrx : 8th June 2006 at 13:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks