Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2006, 19:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Dear Buffetfan,
Nice to see how they helped you.BTW are you in stocks?Like me?great!Now comming to main point.MUL replaced my tyres when car was in 8th month's of warranty!!!!See their motto of helping and I challenge no other company will do this in India.I also request all to visit any zonal head office of MUL and dont surprise to see a man handing over you a glass of water and in next scene you will see him as a head of the branch,I have seen it so telling this.They are fully devoted,no biased views from me but its their custormer who speak for their products/services,what else one leading car company wants!!??
Yup...stocks is my biggest hobby... PM me and lets catch up sometime

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th August 2018 at 09:00. Reason: edited
Old 17th May 2006, 20:50   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100
As i have earlier requested, can someone please give some good diesel car option
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/227929-post49.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Before buying the Baleno a month back i test-drove Fiesta 1.6sxi, NHC/NHC VTEC and the Baleno extensively over 3-4 times at different dealerships and i preferred the baleno as a better overall package. i have done up stanley interior leather for the dashboard, doors, seats etc and it came to about 50k and i still saved 1.5L by going in for the Baleno in place of NHC
Heck NHC VTEC blows the Baleno away after a fight but then its a 9L car.
QUOTE]

QUOTE=speedbuster]
Lancer dint come up in this list, coz its not the cheapest car here..may be fiesta can join the list.
Lancer is cheaper than the Honda city if you wanna know. And it looks better, has more power and gives Similar FE with the best ride and handling characteristices and the most refined and smooth engine below 10lacs.

Even invecs is cheaper than the NHC vtec. Its more powerful with similar acceleration figures and gives similar FE.
Old 17th May 2006, 22:37   #93
BHPian

@ECM,Price and all baleno lovers:

Not quoting everybody's statement.

Just a simple point, when this guy(who hav started this thread), has included City in the list, it definately means that hez got 8L to spend.dosent he?

If you got money, then why think of cheaper cars??

If City was not affordable,or if ppl thought there is absolutly no VFM in comparison to Baleno, then it wont be selling like HOT CAKES, they would hav bought Baleno with eyes closed!

See, the problem with Baleno guys is, they try to compare baleno with all cars in sub-ten lakh segment.
If have seen someone writing how Baleno is better than skoda and optra

maybe BUSA knws this, his car is always compared with Baleno.

leaving that apart...

Lets see the on road price of cars he mentioned in delhi..

Aveo= ~6.3-6.5L
Baleno Lxi= 5.7L ( dont knw abt vxi)
City EXI= 7.2L.

So, city is much expensive that than other cars, but I would say.. its price is justified.
Its got among the highest ratings from JD power, quality is much much better, you get piece of mind, highest snob value.

As posted is other thread, it is clearly evident that baleno spares are extremly expensive... for those who are saying its cheap...they havent posted the real prices yet, mind that.

Ok, even if you guys again quote my remarks and try to sell your Baleno to this guy, just answer this question...

Why City sells 8-10 times more than Baleno?
Is it because only ECM and prince are the only intelligent fellows in india who bought Balenos, or is it that whole of India's population is fool and ppl who buy City are dumb?

why does it sells so much even though its damm expensive?everyone is becomming corepati or what?

as bob marley said, you can fool few people few times, but you cant fool everyone, everytime!
so may be you can fool this guy and other ppl reading this thread, but you cant fool everyone, everytime.

If you think you can, try publishing your thoughts in leading newspapers, maybe maruti will manage to sell few more Baleno's

and pls, stop comparing Baleno to any car above 6.5L
Old 17th May 2006, 23:07   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
Is it because only ECM and prince are the only intelligent fellows in india who bought Balenos, or is it that whole of India's population is fool and ppl who buy City are dumb?
No, its just that the indian public tends to focus more on practicality rather than mere enthusiasm. But not many enthusiasts are able to see the bigger picture, or accept it.

Quote:
you can fool few people few times, but you cant fool everyone, everytime!

nor can you argue with the same people about the same things over and over again ... at least i cant

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 17th May 2006 at 23:09.
Old 17th May 2006, 23:09   #95
BHPian

Speedbuster, All your questions have been answered in the earlier posts in this thread itself. I see no reason for you to ask the same questions by twisting them slightly. Sorry buddy, its not only me and ECM who own Baleno's in this forum, there are lots more, i am sure you know that.

NHC is a good car no doubt.There are people like you and others who prefer the NHC, it sells lots i agree but then i never said that people who buy the NHC are dumb. I repeat NHC is a damn good car and i or any other Bhpian has never termed an NHC as a fools choice. So i don't understand what makes you feel soo and what are you trying to prove.

Thats all i can tell you my dear friend. All your remaining questions i find are repetative for which you will find answers in this thread itself.
Old 17th May 2006, 23:21   #96
BHPian

Quote:

As posted is other thread, it is clearly evident that baleno spares are extremly expensive... for those who are saying its cheap...they havent posted the real prices yet, mind that.
Why don't you check out the latest issue of ACI which has a detailed write-up on spare parts comparing Baleno with the rest of the competetion. Maybe that will help you realise which car actually sports the most expensive basket of spare-parts
Old 17th May 2006, 23:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

The NHC sells like hot cakes in India becuase as far as Indians are concerned there is a saying in gujarati

" Gheta ni chaal chalvi"

Meaning they just follow what others do. No offences to any1 but even on team-bhp there are people who just buy a NHC because it is well A honda. So what does Honda do different than other manufacturers? and yes it is prices more but that certainly doesnt necessarily translate into better quality.

Maruti baleno loses out mainly due to 2 things.

maruti is still seen by many as a small car manufacturer which it is. hence Baleno is never supposed to be its bread and butter model.

being a small VFM car manufacturer a maruti product can never commend that status image other car manufacturers can

bad styling and outdated platform is also one of the major factors

Otherwise Ford fiesta takes on NHC hands down, up and down.Even fiesta 1.4 is more powerful and gives similar FE figures.

Many question the lancers quality since 2002 but TCS rating for 2004 ranked lancer as the best car ahead of Honda and maruti. my lancer model is 2003 and I invite whoever to inspect my cars quality inside out. Many prominent people here on team-bhp have stated things about panel gaps but surprisingly the new owners have not found any such problems in their cars. Most who question Misubishi lancer 1.5 's power have never owned the car. And if lancer is underpowered then where does NHC with a meagre 77hp stand?
While maruti can be considered a strong point for purchasing a baleno with its strong service network, Honda is pure hype. OHC's were wonderful cars with good Fe figures but NHC's are plainly targeted towards the daily commuters.

I own a 2003 lancer sfxi. One of my best friends owns a baleno (and a dealer himself) and I know the pros and cons of both the cars coz I have driven them extensively. Test drove the NHC in august and I certainly know that Its not even the last option for an enthusiast(not driven the vtec).

If under 8 lacs I would suggest a ford fiesta 1.6 or a lancer/baleno for those who only swear to japs
Over 8 lacs invecs makes the best buy
ford diesel fiesta 1.4 tdci makes a good diesel option.

before going for a brand I once again would suggest the buyer to think out of the box. Even a fiat owner swears by his car.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th May 2006 at 23:28.
Old 17th May 2006, 23:26   #98
ECM
BHPian

Quote:

Just a simple point, when this guy(who hav started this thread), has included City in the list, it definately means that hez got 8L to spend.dosent he?

If City was not affordable,or if ppl thought there is absolutly no VFM in comparison to Baleno, then it wont be selling like HOT CAKES, they would hav bought Baleno with eyes closed!

See, the problem with Baleno guys is, they try to compare baleno with all cars in sub-ten lakh segment.

leaving that apart...

Aveo= ~6.3-6.5L
City EXI= 7.2L.

So, city is much expensive that than other cars, but I would say.. its price is justified.
Its got among the highest ratings from JD power, quality is much much better, you get piece of mind, highest snob value.

Ok, even if you guys again quote my remarks and try to sell your Baleno to this guy, just answer this question...

why does it sells so much even though its damm expensive?everyone is becomming corepati or what?

as bob marley said, you can fool few people few times, but you cant fool everyone, everytime!
so may be you can fool this guy and other ppl reading this thread, but you cant fool everyone, everytime.

If you think you can, try publishing your thoughts in leading newspapers, maybe maruti will manage to sell few more Baleno's

Mr.Speedbuster what is wrong with you and why you shout for no reason?You indirectly attack me and prince for no reason.We both gave plus points why we have Baleno,do u own Swaraj Mazda tractor even then we dont mind but do give pure reasoning brother.Inuf is inuf and mind your language and control your ways of expression next time else get ready for a fight..open challenge as me fully pissed off by your childish behaviours.
Old 18th May 2006, 01:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
The NHC sells like hot cakes in India becuase as far as Indians are concerned there is a saying in gujarati

" Gheta ni chaal chalvi"

Meaning they just follow what others do.
Noone is ready to spend 8L because someone just said so, they buy it because its a good car with a overall much better package.

By your saying, ppl in this forum shout through their noses for palio 1.6 and baleno, but who buys these cars??
check out no of these cars sold in 1 year, u'll knw.

but I dont knw y u r inserting ur Lancer in this list, when the buyer has not even mentioned in his list, in that way I could also recommend a Accent.

Your Lancer is heel above city/aveo/baleno, no doubt abt that.
but just for query, wats the base version of Lancer costs? [/quote]

@ECM&price: sorry buddies if I insulted you, still, be pratical in thinking when buying a car costing lakhs of rupees.

m off from this thread, and ya..
baleno rules for you guys...
NHC rulzz for lakhs of ppl who bought it.
to each one, his own car is better..
no more arguments...
Old 18th May 2006, 07:49   #100
BHPian

Quote:
m off from this thread, and ya..
baleno rules for you guys...
NHC rulzz for lakhs of ppl who bought it.
to each one, his own car is better..
no more arguments...
had u understood this earlier it would have saved a lot more server space...and others the pain of typing...
Old 18th May 2006, 09:04   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Noone is ready to spend 8L because someone just said so, they buy it because its a good car with a overall much better package.

By your saying, ppl in this forum shout through their noses for palio 1.6 and baleno, but who buys these cars??
check out no of these cars sold in 1 year, u'll knw.
Well then u don really know how many fiat and baleno owners are present on the forums then.

Quote:
but I dont knw y u r inserting ur Lancer in this list, when the buyer has not even mentioned in his list, in that way I could also recommend a Accent.

Your Lancer is heel above city/aveo/baleno, no doubt abt that.
but just for query, wats the base version of Lancer costs?
While my first suggestion would be a ford fiesta, I brought in the lancer here coz its a much better car than both baleno and NHC according to me and cheaper than both too even before taking into consideration the huge discounts and goodies.

Lancer LXi 1.5 L Petrol
BS-III @ Rs. 6.97 Lacs (www.lancerinindia.com)mumbai

Baleno Sedan VXi Bharat III 700449 (www.marutibaleno.com )mumbai

Honda City ZX GXi : Rs.754,330 www.hondacarindia.com)mumbai

Last edited by devarshi84 : 18th May 2006 at 09:06.
Old 18th May 2006, 09:24   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hey guyz...
I just bought a Baleno Lxi for 5.3lacs on road....
Some here might curse curse me but i'm ready to pay that much for those brilliant seats , ride comfort, suzuki engine n legendary A/c....

Devarshi :
Donno y u bring in the Lancer in every post of yours where its not even mentioned about....I dont mean to offend u.....I know u are a die hard lancer fan but still the topic doesnt mention about lancer at all...
Old 18th May 2006, 09:42   #103
BHPian

Quote:

leaving that apart...

Aveo= ~6.3-6.5L
City EXI= 7.2L.

Speedbuster,

I have observed a few things here on this forum.

+ When any good thing is written about Baleno, a lot of BHPians support you and write more and more about Baleno.

+ When i started threads with data for 'spares cost', 'JD power report', instead of logical arguments i see personal arguments.

+ in the 'JD power report' thread for example i quoted a 2004 report (the latest is 2005 report so its just 1 year old), people said the report is old and cannot trusted blah blah. But later i think aseem posted the 2005 report(which is the latest) which still shows that baleno still had lot more problems than honda city and hardly anybody responded.

[Now that thread being closed let me put my last thoughts about the JD report: If that report said 72 for honda city and 128 for baleno, it simply means for every 100 cars sold, there were 72 complaints for honda and 128 for baleno. Period. So i was just trying to make my point that baleno owners are reporting more problems than hondacity owners. Guys, chill out, make your comments about JD report which is accepted and used by maruti and just dont get into personal arguments.]

I think that this is a great forum where people are able to post their views freely. Moderators are good in removing the people who use foul language.

But i always find that when ever a negative info about baleno is raised by anybody, there are a lot of people instead of debating the facts of the matter, just get into personal arguments.

I really wonder, why do we find only 'baleno-lovers' more on this forum??

'honda city lovers', 'optra-lovers' where are u guys.
Old 18th May 2006, 09:46   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Hey guyz...
I just bought a Baleno Lxi for 5.3lacs on road....
Some here might curse curse me but i'm ready to pay that much for those brilliant seats , ride comfort, suzuki engine n legendary A/c....

Devarshi :
Donno y u bring in the Lancer in every post of yours where its not even mentioned about....I dont mean to offend u.....I know u are a die hard lancer fan but still the topic doesnt mention about lancer at all...
kpzen,

forgive Devarshi, because i think he is the only guy who try to bring in lancer to every potential buyer, but on the other hand there are too many people trying to bring in baleno in every possible thread
Old 18th May 2006, 09:51   #105
BHPian

Yamaha100,

I suggest you that a lot of people will tell you good things about baleno and very few telling good things about other cars.

Let me tell you something.

Positives of Baleno:
Most comfortable seats
Great climate control (which you wont get in fiesta or city)
McPherson struts suspension at rear for smooth ride
Power (dealers and some maruti will claim 94 bhp but that was euro-II cars now its 91 bhp)

Negatives of baleno:
FE
Spares cost

Don't take my word for it, but check out the details yourself.

BTW, if FE does matter to you, i will definitely recommend you baleno. Dont think of fiesta, its seats are not comfortable at all. honda city has bad suspensions at the rear, so the ride quality is not good.

Last edited by venkatrx : 18th May 2006 at 10:11.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks