Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2006, 08:50   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
you didnt cosider the Fiesta, lancer and accent which are some of the better looking cars.

For looks I would rank them

1. Mitsubishi lancer 1.5/Invecs
2. Ford Fiesta
3. NHC ZX
Dev, i just graded the cars that we are talking about in this thread. and therefore i did not cosider the Lancer or the Fiesta which are much better looking cars.
Old 17th May 2006, 09:41   #77
BHPian

Not much point discussing about NHC here, coz this thread is being overtaken by Baleno lovers...

You guys must be auto enthusiasts, but touch ur heart and say, in indian roads, do you ever get a chance to use ur car's power in optimum way?
Its once in a blue moon when u get to drive near 100 within city, and that too for few seconds..

out these 3 cars, NHC would give you piece of mind, oomph factor,best FE,plus cheapest spares.

@devarshi: Lancer dint come up in this list, coz its not the cheapest car here..may be fiesta can join the list.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:06   #78
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
Not much point discussing about NHC here, coz this thread is being overtaken by Baleno lovers...

You guys must be auto enthusiasts, but touch ur heart and say, in indian roads, do you ever get a chance to use ur car's power in optimum way?
Its once in a blue moon when u get to drive near 100 within city, and that too for few seconds..

out these 3 cars, NHC would give you piece of mind, oomph factor,best FE,plus cheapest spares.

@devarshi: Lancer dint come up in this list, coz its not the cheapest car here..may be fiesta can join the list.
Dont escape like that and give us points(I already told you in my earlier msg but U did not provide full info on NHC cmparing Baleno,I want technical issues and not lookwise etc..etc..),No way this thread is taken over by Baleno owners,you feel that and while ending this msg I would like to put a dialogue by Paresh Raval in Malamal weekly Film.
"Chamgadhad ko ulta latkane se woh Mor(peacock)nahi ban jata".
Give facts and counter arguements with logics and thats the way to prove your points my dear Speedbuster.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:06   #79
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

Thanks for so many replies.

As i have earlier requested, can someone please give some good diesel car option

But i am not able to understand why are people trying to fight if honda is better or if baleno is better, IMHO i think each car has its own strengths and weaknesses, so lets just share the information.

Cool it off guys.

Thanks.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:13   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
"Chamgadhad ko ulta latkane se woh Mor(peacock)nahi ban jata".
That was real funny boy . Really sorry for being off-topic here but I just can't cannot stop laughing my guts out.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:26   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100

But i am not able to understand why are people trying to fight if honda is better or if baleno is better, IMHO i think each car has its own strengths and weaknesses, so lets just share the information..
We are not arguing with speedbuster as to which car is better. All i am trying to say is that both cars are good in their own right. But its not fair for anyone to write off a particular car saying that its the most ugliest car around. Taste for looks differs from person to person is what i feel.

Also, i don't understand what makes Speedbuster feel that the Baleno spare parts are expensive??? i know there is a dufferent thread by Vekatrx on this but then its true that a few accidental parts of the Baleno are more expensive than the NHC, but why do people forget that the majority of Baleno spare parts are cheapest in its segment. So just because of a few expensive parts, you cannot come to the conclusion that each and every spare part of the baleno is expensive. Its arguably the cheapest car in its segment as regards to mantenence.

Also regarding speedbusters claim that where do we have roads in india to use the extra power that the baleno has over the NHC?????.

Well buddy its always good to have more power. Roads in india are improving by the day. Well atleast in mumbai they are! I constantly manage to do 180-185kmph on mumbai- pune expressway which i don't feel is possible with the NHC, Baleno feels and is fast! And also there are good roads in mumbai like the western express highway, worli sea face where you can manage to do good speeds. Its never a problem to have more power, infact its a much needed boon. And as it is i don't think i would like to settle for a 77bhp (NHC) car after paying 8L for it. Not saying its a bad car, there are many things in which the NHC is better than the Baleno like it has more snob value, FE maybe better than the Baleno but then that depends on the driving style, better interiors etc but then there are other things which are much better in the Baleno.

Before buying the Baleno a month back i test-drove Fiesta 1.6sxi, NHC/NHC VTEC and the Baleno extensively over 3-4 times at different dealerships and i preferred the baleno as a better overall package. i have done up stanley interior leather for the dashboard, doors, seats etc and it came to about 50k and i still saved 1.5L by going in for the Baleno in place of NHC

Heck NHC VTEC blows the Baleno away after a fight but then its a 9L car.

Speedbuster, its always better to test drive the cars you wanna talk about!

Last edited by prince85 : 17th May 2006 at 11:37.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:32   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Well atleast in mumbai they are! I constantly manage to do 180-185kmph on mumbai- pune expressway.
185 kmph on the road, am i talking to Alanso or Schumacher

I can only pray for the dogs/cows that stray onto your path.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:49   #83
BHPian

One of the main issues I see with these cars, particularly NHC is the huge differences between low end and high end versions. The low end versions make you really feel you have bought a low end car.... Why cant they give body coloured door handles for a car close to 8L? when even hatchbacks are offering it..? the same with Aveo too... (This is just one of the difference, there are lots of features missing in the low end version) ... So in case you are buying the NHC check out the variants above Exi....

It could be a tactic to show the base model and say, for just 1L more you get blablabla...
Old 17th May 2006, 11:52   #84
Senior - BHPian

For diesel options, you can consider Petra 1.9D and Fiesta 1.4TDCi.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:59   #85
BHPian

Quote:
185 kmph on the road, am i talking to Alanso or Schumacher

I can only pray for the dogs/cows that stray onto your path.
Well, it was done easily in 4th gear in my Baleno, atleast the speedo indicates soo, always felt that i could go faster but then there was a slow moving Corolla and an Accent ahead. Also i have managed a top of 180kmph in my 2006 Esteem without much effort. The secret is redlining 1st, 2nd and especially the 3rd gear (which is awesome in the Baleno and the Esteem MPFI) so you are bound to be hitting above 170kmph aaraamsey atleast on the speedo.

Well Alonso and Shummi manage 350+kmph in tracks like Monza soo please don't insult them by taking the name of a crazy-hatter like me in the same breath along with legends like Shummi and Fonsi who are world-class drivers
Old 17th May 2006, 12:00   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
And how can one forget the brilliant Accent CRDI or even better the Elantra CRDi
Old 17th May 2006, 12:06   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Can you please give some more info regarding fiesta diesel?
Old 17th May 2006, 12:09   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please give some more info regarding fiesta diesel?
Why don't you read the review of the Fiesta diesel put up by Lamborghini??? Its a neat review in the long term ownership reports section of TBHP, it will surely help!
Old 17th May 2006, 12:24   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
We are not arguing with speedbuster as to which car is better. All i am trying to say is that both cars are good in their own right. But its not fair for anyone to write off a particular car saying that its the most ugliest car around. Taste for looks differs from person to person is what i feel.

Also, i don't understand what makes Speedbuster feel that the Baleno spare parts are expensive??? i know there is a dufferent thread by Vekatrx on this but then its true that a few accidental parts of the Baleno are more expensive than the NHC, but why do people forget that the majority of Baleno spare parts are cheapest in its segment. So just because of a few expensive parts, you cannot come to the conclusion that each and every spare part of the baleno is expensive. Its arguably the cheapest car in its segment as regards to mantenence.

Also regarding speedbusters claim that where do we have roads in india to use the extra power that the baleno has over the NHC?????.

Well buddy its always good to have more power. Roads in india are improving by the day. Well atleast in mumbai they are! I constantly manage to do 180-185kmph on mumbai- pune expressway which i don't feel is possible with the NHC, Baleno feels and is fast! And also there are good roads in mumbai like the western express highway, worli sea face where you can manage to do good speeds. Its never a problem to have more power, infact its a much needed boon. And as it is i don't think i would like to settle for a 77bhp (NHC) car after paying 8L for it. Not saying its a bad car, there are many things in which the NHC is better than the Baleno like it has more snob value, FE maybe better than the Baleno but then that depends on the driving style, better interiors etc but then there are other things which are much better in the Baleno.

Before buying the Baleno a month back i test-drove Fiesta 1.6sxi, NHC/NHC VTEC and the Baleno extensively over 3-4 times at different dealerships and i preferred the baleno as a better overall package. i have done up stanley interior leather for the dashboard, doors, seats etc and it came to about 50k and i still saved 1.5L by going in for the Baleno in place of NHC

Heck NHC VTEC blows the Baleno away after a fight but then its a 9L car.

Speedbuster, its always better to test drive the cars you wanna talk about!

Great write-up Prince. I must say I sail in the same boat. I tested all the cars (Aveo/Fiesta/City & Ikon) before deciding on the Baleno last month. Yes city gives better FE no doubt, but I al so need to pay 2L more. It will take me a million kms to justify the extra cost right now.

And for me FE is important but not the most important. I love driving and I needed a car which is fun to drive, comfortable & POWERFUL. Baleno might be six years old but it's still a scorcher. My friend just bought a city and he drove my car for a day and his look said it all.

It's ultimately what one wants from the car. If you have 2L to blow and your car is just a mode of commuting there's no denying the City is the best bet. But if you are an involved driver and love driving and look at VFM it is Baleno all the way. I might be biased now since am a proud owner. But wasn't one when I was test driving all the cars.

If you compared the Baleno the OHC then I will plonk my vote behind the OHC. So there I am not biased
Old 17th May 2006, 12:34   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari
If you compared the Baleno the OHC then I will plonk my vote behind the OHC. So there I am not biased
I only wish if the OHC VTEC was still available brand new, i would have considered it without even thinking of the extra 3L i would have to pay for it over the Baleno. Boy that makes me dislke the NHC that much more coz it replaced the OHC which was a simply stunning car!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks