Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 19:32   #46
BHPian

Re: Chauffeur driven Sedan under Rs. 10 Lakh

Nissan Sunny will be my choice too in this situation. In fact, I have a similar budget but the difference is that: 1. I am basically a petrol-head and 2. I will be self-driving.

With these, I am actually confused between Honda Jazz and Nissan Sunny.

But for your case, since things are pretty clear that this is "Chauffeur Driven", my 2 cents for your consideration would be:
1. Auto A/C:
When the owner is the driver, you would be sitting in the front and adjust A/C manually whenever required if Auto-option is not available. But when the owner sits at the back, you can completely be relaxed in a Sunny without thinking about A/C or asking the driver to change it often (Distracts him even if you yourself attempt to change it from behind).
2. Space:
No additional briefing here as this point is already numerously spoken about.
3. Nissan-Renault Engine:
This used to be the same heart of the long lasting Logan under the hood. I have seen numerous Logans with 2Lac + kilometers smoothly running during my airport transfers at Bangalore. When questioned about this to the drivers, all said "I am sure it will run for another Lac easily".

Good Luck!!
Old 24th June 2013, 22:44   #47
BHPian

Which sedan under Rs.10L has best suspension?

There is a similar poll for hatchbacks but couldn't find for sedan, so starting this thread. I know majority here are driving enthusiasts but I would like the main criteria to be ride comfort, then handling, in that order.

I don't have wide exposure to different cars so I would request members to propose contenders so that we ultimately have a poll of five to six cars. My proposals are:

Fiat Linea
Hyundai Verna
Skoda Rapid
Old 24th June 2013, 22:52   #48
BHPian

Re: Which sedan under Rs.10L has best suspension?

Linea, hands down!!! Honda City also has good ride comfort.
Old 24th June 2013, 22:59   #49
BHPian

I thought the general consensus is that Honda cars are not known for their ride quality, that's why it is missing from the poll. Depending on general opinion it can be added with request to mods.

Ps: from one Getz owner to another, so many of us here!

Last edited by Guite : 24th June 2013 at 23:01.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 23:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

If its rear seat ride quality, specially at city speeds and potholes, also try the Sunny/Scala.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 23:44   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Honda City also has good ride comfort.
I am not sure what the benchmark is - As a owner of 2011 Honda City, and 2012 Ford Fiesta (new), I can say that the Honda City is below average in terms of handling and ride quality. Steering is light. All the bumps are transferred to the people inside the car. Below 10L, I have found the Linea having the best ride quality. (I would rate Fiesta (new) a little higher, but, it is quite highly priced, especially the diesel version)
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 00:04   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

1. Fiat Linea
2. Ford Fiesta (new)
3. Honda City or Volkswagen Vento/ Skoda rapid (depends on your preference vento/rapids' seats aren't the best around and city is more involving)
The Verna should never be on that list xD it's suspension is just too bouncy and it handles like a boat simply trail one on a highway to see what I'm on about
Old 25th June 2013, 00:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
There is a similar poll for hatchbacks but couldn't find for sedan, so starting this thread. I know majority here are driving enthusiasts but I would like the main criteria to be ride comfort, then handling, in that order.

I don't have wide exposure to different cars so I would request members to propose contenders so that we ultimately have a poll of five to six cars. My proposals are:

Fiat Linea
Hyundai Verna
Skoda Rapid
Linea is the choice here. But I wonder why haven't you included ford? Fiesta new or classic both have good ride quality and suspension.
Verna on the other hand should not even be mentioned in my opinion.
Old 25th June 2013, 00:36   #54
Team-BHP Support

The Linea's suspension has the best balance between ride-quality and handling. Not only does it soak up the speed-breakers well, it's pretty sure footed on the highway.

The Etios and Sail sedans ride extremely well over bad surfaces. It's a pretty supple ride. The handling is neutral though.

The Vento and Rapid twins provides a good balance between ride quality and handling as well.

Cars like the Fiesta handle really well and are pretty sure footed on highways, but the suspension can feel stiff as it transmits the road surface into the cabin.

The Honda City has the worst suspension of the lot, IMO. Neither does it handle well, nor does it ride well. It's choppy over rough roads and on smooth tarmac, it isn't 'planted' as any of the Euro cars on highways.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 00:39   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Almost all handlers will have bad ride quality. The fiesta is sharp, but you're all too aware of road conditions. The Verna may be a boat, but people inside are comfortable.
Old 25th June 2013, 00:41   #56
BHPian

I know it may not be in your consideration set, and I may be biased because I own one ... and also this will depend on which end of the scale of ride firmness you tilt towards ... but do test drive a Manza Club Class in the city and if you can, on the highway as well.

The ride can best be summed up as SOFT. For me and my style of driving, this is a pleasurable thing.
Old 25th June 2013, 00:41   #57
BHPian

I think the Fiesta Classic is maybe the Best New car under 10 Lakhs.
Old 25th June 2013, 00:45   #58
Senior - BHPian

I have no issues with handling/ride comfort in my Honda City as far as 'normal' driving conditions are concerned.

From the options you have mentioned pick either Linea or Fiesta.
Old 25th June 2013, 00:56   #59
BHPian

Pity that linea inspite of being a very good sedan ,if not the best is almost going extinct.Our people have a weird conception of the car they want to own.It is better that fiat desert india and look for greener pastures because we wont buy their cars anyway.how good they make it
Old 25th June 2013, 09:23   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
If its rear seat ride quality, specially at city speeds and potholes, also try the Sunny/Scala.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
1. Fiat Linea
2. Ford Fiesta (new)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Linea is the choice here. But I wonder why haven't you included ford? Fiesta new or classic both have good ride quality and suspension. Verna on the other hand should not even be mentioned in my opinion.
Comfort being the criteria, most people may not find Ford comfortable enough. On that same yardstick most people may prefer Verna's soft suspension for comfortable ride over a stiff suspension. So highly subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
I know it may not be in your consideration set.
It's not my personal opinion which counts, it is a community effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The Etios and Sail sedans ride extremely well over bad surfaces. It's a pretty supple ride. The handling is neutral though.

The Vento and Rapid twins provides a good balance between ride quality and handling as well.
The infamous Vento thud is what prevented me from including it in the original list. It can be grouped together with its sibling the Rapid.

So my suggestion for revised list as per feedback so far is:
Fiat Linea
Hyundai Verna
Skoda Rapid / VW Vento
Renault Scala / Nissan Sunny
Toyota Etios

Members in agreement with this list can report this post to mods with request to modify the poll.

Ford Fiesta I would like to keep as fence sitter for the moment. If more suggestion comes in rating it high on comfort we will include it in the list.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks