Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 18:47   #1246
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
On return journey, i've to visit a friend next to Silk Institute Metro station, will be starting at Mysore by 9am on Sun. Is Kunigal route best option?
Kunigal for the return is the longest way by far amongst the 3 options. Either take Kanakapura road from Mysore, or,
take the regular Mysore road, then NICE road towards Hosur, and exit the NICE road at Kanakapura road exit. The Silk Institute Metro is right there when you exit NICE road.

Considering that the rains have subsided, Mysore Road should be fine.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 19:56   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Silk Institute Metro Station is near to Kanakapura road, so you can take the Kanakapura road from Mysore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Kunigal for the return is the longest way by far amongst the 3 options. Either take Kanakapura road from Mysore, or,
take the regular Mysore road, then NICE road towards Hosur, and exit the NICE road at Kanakapura road exit.
My starting point is Melkote. Is Mysore road or Kanakapura option still hold good? Is Kanakapura road better than Mysore road?
Old 14th September 2022, 20:09   #1248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My starting point is Melkote. Is Mysore road or Kanakapura option still hold good? Is Kanakapura road better than Mysore road?
It helps to be clear about the starting points/destination. For your earlier question from Mysore, Mysore rd/Kanakapura road were the better options.

If you are starting from Melkote, then go via Kunigal. Traffic will be lesser & on a divided & operational highway. The only high traffic section will be Nelamangala to NICE road junction. And in this situation of starting from Melkote, Kanakapura road would be a round-about route.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 16:02   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Yes, that's the entry point, if you are coming from Hosur Side.
Took Mysore Road for the onward journey and 70% of it through Expressway and was a breeze to drive. Fellow travellers clogged >120KMPH and felt dangerous to drive at such high speeds. The fencing to ward away stray cattles are found to be broken at many places, sorry state of affairs. Diversion to use the old road exist after Mandya till Mysore entry.

Quote:
If you are starting from Melkote, then go via Kunigal. Traffic will be lesser & on a divided & operational highway. The only high traffic section will be Nelamangala to NICE road junction.
Kunigal rout was best of the routes. Very less traffic and well paved roads all the way till Nice exit.
Innysta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 16:46   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow travellers clogged >120KMPH and felt dangerous to drive at such high speeds.
Yes. Until the initial euphoria of the newly built expressway reduces, people will be having that itch to test the limits of themselves/their cars.

Not many of them are trained drivers, so I'll be more careful, while I'm using the old Mysore road.

It's safe not to get carried away and stick to safe limits, until the road appears normal to everyone.

Last edited by chaitanyakrish : 21st September 2022 at 16:54.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 20:18   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Mandya bypass is open for traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-whatsapp-image-20220927-20.17.10.jpeg  

speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 05:25   #1252
BHPian

While going from Bangalore, is it straight forward to get on to the expressway at Bidadi? Or should we take any deviation to reach there?
Old 28th September 2022, 05:40   #1253
BHPian

I am driving from Erode to Bangalore. I have to go to vidyaranyapura for which I usually take the ring road. Any updates on the present state of the road?
Old 28th September 2022, 06:53   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
While going from Bangalore, is it straight forward to get on to the expressway at Bidadi? Or should we take any deviation to reach there?
You will get on to the Expressway much before Bidadi. As of now you will enter the expressway near the upcoming toll after the flyover. The flyover construction is still in progress. Once the flyover is open, you will enter the expressway at the exit of NICE road just before Raja Rajeshwari Medical college.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 07:43   #1255
Senior - BHPian

While the roads are good and speed limit boards haven’t come up yet, please be mindful of cars that stop on the left most lane. I noticed many parked cars just so, they can walk thru the barriers to their closest restaurant. I’m only hoping such spots doesn’t see something fatal.
jkrishnakj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 08:07   #1256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
I am driving from Erode to Bangalore. I have to go to vidyaranyapura for which I usually take the ring road. Any updates on the present state of the road?
Business as usual. Btw, you havent mentioned which part of the ring road you take - looks like you go via KR Puram. Traffic will be more, but if you are referring to the recent rain water related problem, we havent had much rains this month.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 08:53   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Business as usual. Btw, you havent mentioned which part of the ring road you take - looks like you go via KR Puram. Traffic will be more, but if you are referring to the recent rain water related problem, we havent had much rains this month.
Yes, I enter ORR at silk board junction and go via KRPuram. Thank you. I enter the stretch around 6am by starting at 3am to avoid the traffic.
Old 28th September 2022, 10:52   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I enter ORR at silk board junction and go via KRPuram. Thank you. I enter the stretch around 6am by starting at 3am to avoid the traffic.
You shouldn't have a problem at 6 AM, but be aware that the ORR is 1-1.5 lanes wide for long sections from Silk Board to KR Puram due to metro construction work.

Perhaps going through the city (Madiwala-Anil Kumble Circle-Mehkri Circle) might work out better at that time.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 11:22   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.

If you are arriving at Silk Board Junction by 6am and are going to Vidyaranyapura, it is much shorter to just drive through the city. At that time of the day traffic inside the city will be minimal.

Alternate option, if you are entering Bangalore during traffic peak times, is to get on to NICE Road at Electronic City and reach Vidyaranyapura via Jalahalli cross.

PS : I stay at Vidyaranyapura and when I have to go towards Kanakpura Road or Bannerghatta Road or Hosur I travel using NICE Road. Especially during peak traffic times.
Old 28th September 2022, 11:33   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Hi.

If you are arriving at Silk Board Junction by 6am and are going to Vidyaranyapura, it is much shorter to just drive through the city. At that time of the day traffic inside the city will be minimal.

Alternate option, if you are entering Bangalore during traffic peak times, is to get on to NICE Road at Electronic City and reach Vidyaranyapura via Jalahalli cross.

PS : I stay at Vidyaranyapura and when I have to go towards Kanakpura Road or Bannerghatta Road or Hosur I travel using NICE Road. Especially during peak traffic times.
Thank you. I guess I will just go through the city this time. I used to do so earlier but once orr and the flyovers happened, I am on this route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks