Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2022, 18:41   #1231
BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Must be old ones. Yesterday my Father-in-law travelled to Bangalore from Mysore, there was no flooding and no issues.
No, the situation is still bad. Maybe buses and commercial vehicles can manage, but not Cars. Yesterday night, there was heavy rain once again.

How did he come - Bus, Train or any other mode of transport?
Old 29th August 2022, 20:20   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
No, the situation is still bad. Maybe buses and commercial vehicles can manage, but not Cars. Yesterday night, there was heavy rain once again.

How did he come - Bus, Train or any other mode of transport?
He took a cab. I understand the situation turned bad with overnight rains. A relative of mine was stuck for a long time and returned back to Bangalore.
Old 30th August 2022, 14:29   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,
We're driving down to Residenncy road, Bangalore from Wayanad, Kerala tomorrow morning.

We were wondering what's the best way to get from Mysore to Bangalore.

1) should we opt for the regular route, i.e through Mandya, if there are no rains?
2) if not, should we opt for Kanakapura road or through Bellur Cross? I'm assuming the route through Bellur Cross has the best roads.
3) Wondering how is the situation with respect to speed breakers, speed cameras and speed limits.

Here's a screen grab from Google Maps.
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-screenshot_20220830115006__01.jpg
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 15:12   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hi all,
We're driving down to Residenncy road, Bangalore from Wayanad, Kerala tomorrow morning.

We were wondering what's the best way to get from Mysore to Bangalore.

1) should we opt for the regular route, i.e through Mandya, if there are no rains?
2) if not, should we opt for Kanakapura road or through Bellur Cross? I'm assuming the route through Bellur Cross has the best roads.
3) Wondering how is the situation with respect to speed breakers, speed cameras and speed limits.
Would advice you to take the Bellur cross route. Some rain is predicted today evening/night in and around old Mysore region (Mandya-Maddur) . So it is hard to predict the situation on the NH 275.
The Bellur cross route has absolutely fantastic roads from Bangalore to Pandavapura. Only the last 5-6kms as you approach Srirangapatna is narrow. tomorrow being a festival holiday, there won't be much local traffic so even that won't be an issue.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 17:34   #1235
BHPian

No water logging on Bengaluru Mysuru National Highway as of today (30-Aug-2022). This is from NICE exit at Bengaluru to Manipal Hospital at Mysuru. You can comfortably cover the distance in 3 to 3.5 hours.
UPS_Guru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 09:15   #1236

Hello everyone
First of all thank you to all fellow members for the inputs. Based on the same I decided to take the Kanakapura Road yesterday.
I left at 5:10 am from sarjapur road and crossed mysore ring road at about 8:10 where we stopped for breakfast(if planning to stop for breakfast before Mysore there is nothing good available). The road till Mallavi is fantastic, post which there are many small potholes (nothing major just typical Bangalore roads) till you touch the Mysore ring road. Mysore to Virajpet also was a very comfortable drive with no issues at all.
Hope this info will be helpful to fellow travellers.
Old 31st August 2022, 11:02   #1237
BHPian

I traveled along Bangalore-Mysore stretch today (31st). It took 3 hours to cover this distance. No blocks. Most of the road is in good condition.
I take NICE road from electronic city and exit at Mysore road near Kengeri

Last edited by sumeshmani : 31st August 2022 at 11:04.
Old 31st August 2022, 12:35   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Would advice you to take the Bellur cross route. Some rain is predicted today evening/night in and around old Mysore region (Mandya-Maddur) . So it is hard to predict the situation on the NH 275.
The Bellur cross route has absolutely fantastic roads from Bangalore to Pandavapura. Only the last 5-6kms as you approach Srirangapatna is narrow. tomorrow being a festival holiday, there won't be much local traffic so even that won't be an issue.
Thanks!
I really enjoyed this route today! Apart from the stretch before Pandavapura, the Tumkur road was also in a rather sad state. But thanks to low traffic, it turned out to be fine!
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 17:10   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
So after stopping at either of these places, you can take the next break at Mysuru itself.
Thank You , took the same route and did the round-trip to Wayanad and back. Will post a detailed travelogue.
Old 1st September 2022, 07:00   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hi all,
Hi,

I just did the BLR - Wayanad - BLR trip and used the road through Bellur Cross on both sides. There is no water logging and road condition is excellent throughout with sparse traffic.

The last 15kms near Srirangapatna is narrow, however, manageable with nice sugarcane juice breaks !!
chaitanyakrish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 13:15   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

After seeing the updates on this thread, decided to take Mysore road for my trip towards Calicut last Saturday.

I usually prefer Kanakapura road since for me it gives a relaxed drive with an early morning start. Though the road conditions is not as that it was few years back, it used to still give better average speed than Mysore road to reach till Gundlupet.

I guess its been more than 5 years since I took full length of Mysore road, I been to Ramangara, Mandya etc in between, so was aware of the status of the road work in between.

Anyway, coming to the trip, started at 3.45 AM from HSR layout, took NICE road till Mysore road exit. Though I dont recollect the exact time, it was around 4.15AM when I took this exit.

The elevated section of new road is not open there and one has to take the road below the newly constructed flyover. However, the road condition has improved drastically since my earlier drive in this section around start of this year.

From around Pepsi factory, one gets on the the main carriageway. This section is not easily recognizable, only way I noticed this was due to the small bridge just before the factory. The one which used to be a water accumulation point earlier.

Past that, the hotels / temple section just around Wonderla turn off strangely looks almost same as earlier, albeit a bit more wider. There was lot many tempo travelers and cabs parked on side of the road even at this hour.

From there till Ramanaga bypass start it was smooth sailing, at start of Ramanagar, you need to exit from new road. Take service road for around 1 KM or so and then when continue on the service road without taking the old highway, which branches to your left and continue.

Around a KM or so, almost near the turn off towards Sholay hill, from service road you can enter main carriageway. From then, till just short of Maddur - near Empire hotel, its smooth sailing.

Unlike many newly build roads elsewhere, this section is super smooth and well marked. However, geographically, this section passes through hills and habitation, hence there are more twists and turns in the road that you will expect in a newly constructed NH.
Once traffic pics up, I can imagine weekend drivers from Bangalore running all across lanes in these turnings.

Another issue with design is that exits to some bigger roads too are not proper and just a cut to service road. This again may hinder smooth flow of traffic. Example - Exit from Ramnagar byepass to Magadi road is through a narrow left exit.

All this aside, the road is a beauty to drive, so much that once you exit from newly constructed section to old section at Maddur, it suddenly feels like you are in some narrow village road.

Interestingly, the section from NICE exit to Maddur took me just above 30 mins. Past that, you are mostly in new service road and old road. At very small sections only you will enter the main carriageway. This continues till you reach Mysore. I expect this section to take atleast till next summer to get completed.

However, at deviations also, road quality is good. I was able to reach Mysore by around 05.50 AM. Thats just above 2 hours from home which is the fastest ever for me.

I expect this timing to come down by around 15-20 mins once the full section is done. Mandya - Srirangapatana was earlier too a fast section compared to Bangalore - Ramanagara. Hence I guess the savings due to Ramanagara - Chennapatana byepass is more.
mpksuhas is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 21:06   #1242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Interestingly, the section from NICE exit to Maddur took me just above 30 mins. Past that, you are mostly in new service road and old road
Wow that is music to our ears. NICE to Maddur in 30 min. That is normally the most time taking and tiring stretch which is now getting bypassed.
Old 12th September 2022, 12:36   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
After seeing the updates on this thread, decided to take Mysore road for my trip towards Calicut last Saturday.

I usually prefer Kanakapura road since for me it gives a relaxed drive with an early morning start.
I have always been taking the Kanakpura road most of my previous trips as well. Looking at your update, I decided to take Mysore Road this time. It was a good decision! From Sarjapura police station-Atibele-NICE Road-Srirangapatna, all of it took 3 hours despite me driving slow due to a headache. That's one full hour less from the usual times.

One of the things I observed is doing NICE Road-Nidaghatta in 30 mins. The distance is > 60 KM. For most people it is 45-50 mins of time if the road is empty.
atnyia is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 16:49   #1244
BHPian

Hi,
I plan to travel Hosur-Mysore and Gmap shows via Nice Expressway - Bidadi - Ramanagara - Maddur. Is the road condition good? Do i need to cross Electronic City toll and take left at pillar #213 as shown below?
On return journey, i've to visit a friend next to Silk Institute Metro station, will be starting at Mysore by 9am on Sun. Is Kunigal route best option?

Gmap pic showing "Take Left" after Electronic City flyover:
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-take-left-after-e.citytoll.png
Innysta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:52   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
Electronic City toll and take left at pillar #213 as shown below?
Yes, that's the entry point, if you are coming from Hosur Side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post

On return journey, I've to visit a friend next to Silk Institute Metro station, will be starting at Mysore by 9am on Sun. Is Kunigal route best option?
Silk Institute Metro Station is near to Kanakapura road, so you can take the Kanakapura road from Mysore.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks