Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2022, 19:08   #1186
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Where did you manage the dinner break? Most outlets on that road shut by 10.45/11. Only Empire/Vegetaria is open till about 1 am or so.
This hotel/restaurant setup was still open -
Oggrane Dabbi Chandrappa Hotel. Also the adjacent biryani place (Arya Biryani Paradise) next to it was open too. We finished our dinner by 10.30 pm so I guess we made it before they would have closed up.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 20:49   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
We left Mysore around 5:30pm and reached Indiranagar around 10:30pm only. The traffic while passing through the towns was brutal and for once I was glad I wasn't driving. This is in-spite of no dinner halt.
Ah! Ridiculously brutal that was. I too was there, started from Mysore at 6pm and reached Marathahalli at 11pm. What was that jam near Kumbalagodu and before NICE road Entry. Ghosh, I was solo and that added to the woe. The old thumb rule of never head back to city on a Sunday evening is back.

While I noticed the road on the other side towards Mysore was mostly empty and saw some vehicles jumping on to it and driving wrong way. There should be some arrangements made to use that lane to distribute the traffic to Bangalore on the opposite lane as well and avoid this never ending madness, until the new road gets opened.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 18th July 2022 at 20:51.
Old 18th July 2022, 22:29   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Ah! Ridiculously brutal that was. I too was there, started from Mysore at 6pm and reached Marathahalli at 11pm. What was that jam near Kumbalagodu and before NICE road Entry. Ghosh, I was solo and that added to the woe. The old thumb rule of never head back to city on a Sunday evening is back.
It maybe better to take Mangalore highway... from Srirangapattinam, take left and join BM Road at Bellur Cross... then take elevated toll road at Nelamangala... and at Yeshwantpur, take Ring Road... but it all depends on your luck on that particular day
Old 27th July 2022, 04:36   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Ah! The old thumb rule of never head back to city on a Sunday evening is back.
How is the Mysore Bangalore journey Sunday forenoon? Or opt for detour Bellur cross, Nelamamgala? Plan to leave Mysore at 9 am. Destination CV Raman Nagar.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th July 2022 at 16:50. Reason: Typos
Old 27th July 2022, 06:21   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
How is the Mysore Bangalore journey Sunday forenoon? Or opt for detour Belur cross, Neelamangla? Plan to leave Mysore at 9 am. Destination CV Raman Nagar
9am start from Mysore will not see the maddening traffic which is witnessed post 1PM. You can take the regular highway, should be able to reach CV Raman Nagar in about 4Hrs.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 10:18   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
How is the Mysore Bangalore journey Sunday forenoon? Or opt for detour Belur cross, Neelamangla? Plan to leave Mysore at 9 am. Destination CV Raman Nagar
It took me 4.5 hrs from Mysore to electronic city area on last Sunday. 30 mins delay due to a truck breakdown near Bidadi.
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 22:02   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
It took me 4.5 hrs from Mysore to electronic city area on last Sunday. 30 mins delay due to a truck breakdown near Bidadi.
What time did you start from Mysore on Sunday?
Old 27th July 2022, 22:39   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
What time did you start from Mysore on Sunday?
It was a day drive for me Bangalore -Kushalnagar -Bangalore.
I must have crossed Mysore around 3:45 PM or so.
Old 27th July 2022, 22:59   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plan to leave Mysore at 9 am. Destination CV Raman Nagar.
As mentioned by other BHPian's above, 9am start from Mysore is absolutely ok. the problem is anywhere after 2pm when the traffic builds up on a Sunday.
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 15:22   #1195
BHPian

Folks,

Can anyone suggest pitstop near/around JAIN university (between Harohalli and Kanakapura town) on Kanakapura Road, that also has decent, clean toilets (including clean ones for ladies too) ? Need to visit it for an entrance test, and have a long wait in that area from morning 7:30am to 1pm.

Also to reach there at around 7:30am, when should one start from HSR Layout ? Gmaps shows the route via NICE and NH948, that should take about 1hr 25mins. However, also read somewhere that there might be lot of diversion, bad/broken road due to Metro work although surprisingly Google traffic view doesn't indicate any slowdowns.

cheers,
BD

Last edited by bdutta : 28th July 2022 at 15:30. Reason: Additional information added
Old 28th July 2022, 19:37   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Drove from Whitefield to Mysore yesterday. Decided to stick to the Mysore Road since mine was a 6AM start. Reached my destination by 9AM and the traffic was hardly there.

Google showed 5 hour drive for return trip(12pm) so I decided to take the route via pandavapura-bellur cross-Nelamangala and reached home in around 4:30pm with a deliberate de-tour in Melukote (Subbanna mess) for sumptuous meals.

Overall happy with the Mysore Road conditions if we plan the trip well and for weekdays. Praying for the road to be completely open to the public ASAP.
Old 28th July 2022, 19:54   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
Folks,

Can anyone suggest pitstop near/around JAIN university (between Harohalli and Kanakapura town) on Kanakapura Road, that also has decent, clean toilets (including clean ones for ladies too) ? Need to visit it for an entrance test, and have a long wait in that area from morning 7:30am to 1pm.

Also to reach there at around 7:30am, when should one start from HSR Layout ? Gmaps shows the route via NICE and NH948, that should take about 1hr 25mins. However, also read somewhere that there might be lot of diversion, bad/broken road due to Metro work although surprisingly Google traffic view doesn't indicate any slowdowns.

cheers,
BD
Take the recommended Gmap route, i.e NICE road till Kanakpura road, then merge onto NH948. Roads are in good condition barring a few potholes which have crept due to recent rains.

There aren't many restaurants on this route. You will find some before Harohalli and closer to Kanakpura. I have never stopped on this route for a break.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 20:13   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
Can anyone suggest pitstop near/around JAIN university (between Harohalli and Kanakapura town) on Kanakapura Road, that also has decent, clean toilets (including clean ones for ladies too)
Chikoo Farm Inn
https://g.page/chikoo-farm-inn?share

Mandarathi Gardenia
https://goo.gl/maps/eUN6w1b7RePVYxKQ9
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 08:06   #1199
BHPian

Need some input on route options between Mysore and Frazer Town, Bengaluru. We are returning back on August 15th afternoon from a Wayanad Holiday. Which will be the more sensible choice(considering end of long weekend holiday/ my destination) via Kanakapura/Belur cross/usual highway? Will be crossing Mysore between 4-5 pm. I see Kanakapura route showing consistently lesser timings than the other 2 routes
Old 31st July 2022, 15:37   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Left home at CV Raman Nagar at 6 am on Friday 29th and took 3.5 hours to destination in Mysore. Of the 152 kms, 19 were on the 6 lane road, longest being 9 kms, rest in 2/3 km stretches. The service road was peppered with speed breakers, the occasional pothole and took you through all the towns en route with their traffic and signal lights. Our other car, blindly following Google, took detour from Maddur to Malavalli /Bannur and reached 7 minutes before us.

For return took Pandavapura, Belur cross Nelamangala route. 45 kms longer but took same time viz. 3.5 hours driving. Far less stressful, more scenic and enjoyable route. 5 kms after Srirangapatna was narrow with slow moving traffic. Rest was pristine. Highly recommended for peace of mind.
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks