Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 12:39   #571
BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
It is a reality in India (and probably elsewhere) that unless you are disruptive, your protest will be ignored.
Yeah, you said it. What immediately comes to my mind is the massive flash strike/protest for the PF rules changing. Within 2 days, the damn decision was rolled back! All forums / online petitions etc were relatively less impact causing, I feel!
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 21:34   #572
Senior - BHPian

Some relief:
I think the police authorities are doing their best to help the commuters.

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-img20160907wa0014.jpg

Last edited by balenoed_ : 7th September 2016 at 21:36.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 21:20   #573
Senior - BHPian

Just called up one of those numbers of Mandya Police. The gentleman who picked up confirmed that it is safe to drive through Mandya this night. Just in case someone has any plans.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-img20160908wa0015.jpg  

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-img20160908wa0017.jpg  

Last edited by balenoed_ : 8th September 2016 at 21:31.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:50   #574
BHPian

Have a plan to travel to Coorg. With Karnataka bandh today, is Blr-Mysore road open and safe? Any suggestions? I'm planning to start around 2:30pm from Blr. Any advice?

Regards
SE
Old 9th September 2016, 12:52   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge View Post
Have a plan to travel to Coorg. With Karnataka bandh today, is Blr-Mysore road open and safe? Any suggestions? I'm planning to start around 2:30pm from Blr. Any advice?

Regards
SE
Please avoid travel during day time today. Better safe than regret later. Many violent actions are reported from many parts of city. If need be, travel after 6PM.
Old 9th September 2016, 13:15   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards
SE
Not at all advised. Reports of many untoward incidents within the city itself. Will definitely be worse on the Mysore road.

If at all you want to travel through Mysore road, do it at night. Or if tomorrow day time, then plan through Nelamangala-Channarayapatna-Holenarsipur-Madikeri route.

You can also call up that above number given by Mandya police for any clarification.
Old 9th September 2016, 13:20   #577
BHPian

Will it be safe to travel to Wayanad via Mysore tomorrow,looking to start around 3-4am. Any alternate route, travelling to Jungle retreat Wayanad.
Old 9th September 2016, 13:54   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Will it be safe to travel to Wayanad via Mysore tomorrow,looking to start around 3-4am. Any alternate route, travelling to Jungle retreat Wayanad.
So far, there were not any issues on Mysore road during the night. A bunch of my friends have traveled through Mysore road to Kerala at different time yesterday night.

Starting by 3 AM should be okay as you will cross most part of the affected stretches by morning. Alternate routes may not make much sense. The only alternate is the one that bypasses Mandya (Kanakapura route), but like I said, early in the morning, it does not matter.
Old 9th September 2016, 14:10   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Please avoid travel during day time today. Better safe than regret later. Many violent actions are reported from many parts of city. If need be, travel after 6PM.
Thanks Sree! Will plan accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Not at all advised. Reports of many untoward incidents within the city itself. Will definitely be worse on the Mysore road.

If at all you want to travel through Mysore road, do it at night. Or if tomorrow day time, then plan through Nelamangala-Channarayapatna-Holenarsipur-Madikeri route.

You can also call up that above number given by Mandya police for any clarification.
Thanks balenoed! It seems Mandya police number is missed in the post. Thanks for the concern. I'm postponning start time to around 6. How about using regular Mysore road post 6pm?

Regards
SE
Old 9th September 2016, 14:25   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks balenoed! It seems Mandya police number is missed in the post. Thanks for the concern. I'm postponning start time to around 6. How about using regular Mysore road post 6pm?

Regards
SE
Mandya police number given in post #573. Yesterday I called them and they responded well. They assured it is safe yesterday and many of my friends went ahead in that route last night.

After 6pm it should be safe but cannot predict the situation. See if you can check with them.
and will you not reach Coorg in the middle of the night. What about starting very early in the morning.
Old 9th September 2016, 16:23   #581
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
SE
i would advice start by 8pm later the better via kanakpura road . yesterday night i came via kanankpura 8pm reached mysore no issues . smooth road .
Old 9th September 2016, 16:44   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
So far, there were not any issues on Mysore road during the night. A bunch of my friends have traveled through Mysore road to Kerala at different time yesterday night.

Starting by 3 AM should be okay as you will cross most part of the affected stretches by morning. Alternate routes may not make much sense. The only alternate is the one that bypasses Mandya (Kanakapura route), but like I said, early in the morning, it does not matter.
Thanks balenoed_ , will start early morning and taking the Kanakpura road just to be on the safer side.
Old 9th September 2016, 19:03   #583
Senior - BHPian

I am planing to come from Mysore to Bangalore on Sunday. Is morning 5am a right time to start and safely reach Bangalore by 8?
Old 9th September 2016, 19:37   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I am planing to come from Mysore to Bangalore on Sunday. Is morning 5am a right time to start and safely reach Bangalore by 8?
That should be plenty of time.
Old 9th September 2016, 19:43   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I did exactly the same on Tuesday morning, the first day of the protests.

Started at 5am, and was on B'lore NICE road at 7:30.
Mandya was normal and wasn't awake.
By Sunday, things should calm a bit I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks