Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2024, 21:23   #9931
BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Do we have any update on the Sampaje route to Mangalore? I know there was a temporary disruption in this route, however, not sure if this route is open now.

Also, what is the route taken by the KSRTC buses to Mangalore? My friend is travelling to Sakleshpur and has booked seats in a Mangalore bound bus.
Old 30th July 2024, 21:38   #9932
BHPian

Shiradi route is closed today due to latest landslides.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le68463692.ece
Shubbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 09:46   #9933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Do we have any update on the Sampaje route to Mangalore? I know there was a temporary disruption in this route, however, not sure if this route is open now.

Also, what is the route taken by the KSRTC buses to Mangalore? My friend is travelling to Sakleshpur and has booked seats in a Mangalore bound bus.
There was disruption due to tree fall and minor landslide between Puttur and Sullia, it was cleared in 2-3 hrs, people have travelled yesterday evening via same route, it was open.
DetectiveMiles is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 10:52   #9934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
When Shiradi was closed 2 weeks ago, KSRTC Volvos to Mangalore rerouted via Channarayapatna - Konanur - Kushalnagara - Madikeri - Sampaje.

KSRTC red buses until Sakleshpur should still be plying as the closure is after Sakleshpur town. If the need is for a Volvo, then get to Hassan in Chikmagalur bound Volvos, and switch to a red bus in Hassan.
Shubbi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 11:18   #9935
Team-BHP Support

What is the situation in Agumbe, hope that is still open. That will at least allow the Bhadravathi-Tirthahalli route, which avoids all the major ghat sections.
Old 31st July 2024, 12:00   #9936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
There was disruption due to tree fall and minor landslide between Puttur and Sullia, it was cleared in 2-3 hrs, people have travelled yesterday evening via same route, it was open.
Thank you for the update. I will be taking this route today.
Old 31st July 2024, 20:22   #9937
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
What is the situation in Agumbe, hope that is still open. That will at least allow the Bhadravathi-Tirthahalli route, which avoids all the major ghat sections.
Even this you may want to double check on the flooding situation on Tunga and Bhadra rivers. Bhadra today opened up and may pump quite some outflow. Tunga is already is quite serious state of outflow.

Last edited by ampere : 1st August 2024 at 16:50.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 22:58   #9938
BHPian

Update: Travelled via Sampaje today. The road is clear and there are a couple of landslide spots, but nothing to worry. Encountered heavy to very heavy rains from Hunsur all the way to Mangalore. It is still raining here in Mangalore. Traffic was high in this route due to Shiradi ghat closure and I think all KSRTC buses are using this route now.

Mani to BC road is the real pain and literally had to crawl. There is a lanslide that happened today near Thumbay, just before the school and traffic is diverted to the opposite direction for about 500 mts. I was expecting water logging in Padil underpass, but luckily was clear.

Overall journey time was 8 hours from near Meenakshi mall, Bannerghatta road to Mangalore with a lunch and coffee break.
fast_elegance is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 22:12   #9939
BHPian

I am planning to ride down to Udupi on Thursday and return back on Saturday. Google is showing me the route via Hassan-Sakleshpur-Shiradi ghat then turn off towards Karkala and Udupi. Is there any issue with the route now?

On the return, I am planning to ride back via Agumbe as it has been a long standing wish to ride in that area. Is there anything I need to be aware of there?
Old 4th August 2024, 22:29   #9940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I am planning to ride down to Udupi on Thursday and return back on Saturday. Google is showing me the route via Hassan-Sakleshpur-Shiradi ghat then turn off towards Karkala and Udupi. Is there any issue with the route now?
I took this route today to drive to Manipal. Other than a very scenic diversion between Sakleshpur and Maranahalli, the route was a breeze.

This was the diversion:
Name:  Screenshot 20240804 221359.png
Views: 150
Size:  329.7 KB
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 20:51   #9941
BHPian

I need to travel for some urgent work to Mangalore from Bangalore on the 13th of August with my family by car. I am not familiar with the various routes from Bangalore to Mangalore.
Given the continuous rains everyday over the past couple of weeks and the situation being quite dynamic, I request the veterans who frequent the various routes between Bangalore and Mangalore, to please advise which route I must take given the land slides, road closures and heavy rains.
Any insights into the options would be much appreciated and sincerely Thanked

Last edited by yikes6633 : 6th August 2024 at 20:52.
Old 6th August 2024, 23:26   #9942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
I need to travel for some urgent work to Mangalore from Bangalore on the 13th of August with my family by car. I am not familiar with the various routes from Bangalore to Mangalore.
Given the continuous rains everyday over the past couple of weeks and the situation being quite dynamic, I request the veterans who frequent the various routes between Bangalore and Mangalore, to please advise which route I must take given the land slides, road closures and heavy rains.
Since you already know situation is dynamic, best thing is to take Mysore - Madikeri - Sampaje route. Better drive during day time..
Old 10th August 2024, 21:53   #9943

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
I would be travelling on 15th August as well for a family meet up, please do let me know how the road conditions are in case you takenthe mysuru madikeri route.
Old 12th August 2024, 12:06   #9944
Distinguished - BHPian

Landslide again (after the last landslide that happened around ~3 weeks ago was cleared only by last week) near Donigal; interrupting all Mangalore - Bangalore trains.

Quote:
The incident occurred at approximately 12.30am on Saturday, between Shakleshpur and BLLT station. As a result, five train services have been impacted
Links: 1, 2
Old 12th August 2024, 14:22   #9945
Team-BHP Support

I travelled on Shiradi on Sunday (yesterday), no diversions, got so see where the landslide had happened. The latest landslide is only affecting trains, and not road transport.

The dust on the road is truly astounding, I was driving with zero visibility sometimes as the bus in front of me was rising enormous amount of dust.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks