Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2015, 20:49   #6286
BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

I saw in news paper about the strikers opposing Yettinahole project blocking the highway. Was there any news of such strikes in news before it happens! Planning to travel to Vitla in October and do not want to get into such blockades!
Old 17th September 2015, 22:53   #6287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
I saw in news paper about the strikers opposing Yettinahole project blocking the highway. Was there any news of such strikes in news before it happens! Planning to travel to Vitla in October and do not want to get into such blockades!
Even am worried about the same, as there is a travel coming up. They had blocked the highway for around 5 hours. Hope, they provide a schedule for all these events.
Old 20th September 2015, 20:18   #6288
BHPian

Just back after BLR-MLR-BLR trip. Started on 17/09 at 6:30 AM from BLR and reached MLR at 12:30PM, which includes a 45 minutes break. Took the Shiradi ghat and was a breeze to drive this time. The concrete road is excellent and the non-concrete portion of the ghat section is pretty much fine (a little patchy).

For the return trip, started at 11.30 AM from MLR on 20/09 and reached BLR at 7:30 PM with several breaks in between. Traffic was crazy and there was long waiting at all the Toll plazas.
Old 21st September 2015, 01:31   #6289
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Even am worried about the same....
You could print a card saying -" supporter". And paste it on your windshield And ask them to excuse you as you have a meeting with CM as in chief manager of your company. If going in the other direction your meeting is with DC. Maybe Dilip Chabria is in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Just back after BLR-MLR-BLR trip. Started on 17/09 at 6:30 AM from BLR and reached MLR at 12:30PM..

For the return trip, started at 11.30 AM from MLR on 20/09 and reached BLR at 7:30 PM with several ..
You could try another route. From Channarayapatna go towards Shravanabelagola. Continue on state highway to Huliyurdurga. Then Magadi and then BLR town.

I found it very scenic. Traffic is less till Sunkadakatte. Beyond that it's your normal jam packed traffic.

You would need a good map if you've never been on that route. It's got a few turns you may need help on. When I last travelled that way 2 years ago, the roads were in decent condition.
Old 21st September 2015, 17:34   #6290
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
You could try 'Hotel Sadanand' or 'Suraj International' near Suratkal. It is closer to beach and also within your budget.
Not many reviews available online for these two hotels. any first hand experience of having stayed there or anyone in the known groups have stayed there?

is this the one?
http://www.hotelsaisuraj.com/
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:31   #6291
BHPian

One of my friend was saying an accident has occurred near Shiradi due to which there is a gasoline leakage. I've been told that all traffic to Mangalore has been diverted through Madikeri till Monday (28th September). Does anyone have an update on this?
Old 23rd September 2015, 21:14   #6292
BHPian

I just drove B'lore - m'lore today morning. I saw the tanker that was toppled. This incident happened yesterday. I passed this section at about 10. There was no blockage at that time. Not sure if something happened after that.
fast_elegance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 11:36   #6293
BHPian

Coming from Madivala, will it be possible for me to enter NICE road if I take the elevated road? Google map is recommending to take the road underneath.
Thanks in advance
Reji
Old 24th September 2015, 12:35   #6294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reji22 View Post
Coming from Madivala, will it be possible for me to enter NICE road if I take the elevated road? Google map is recommending to take the road underneath.
Thanks in advance
Reji
Google is right, if you take the elevated road you have to get down and then go till EC phase 2, perform a U-turn and then take the service road to get onto NICE road. Taking the road underneath will save you few kms.

Last edited by fusionbang : 24th September 2015 at 12:38.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:43   #6295
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance
Reji
Road underneath is preferred.
Take the service road at Hosa road junction and you can enter the nice road before the Electronic city Phase I signal.
If you do not take Service road, I am not sure if there is an opening to join service road later on. There are fixed barricades separating Main road and service road.

-UB
Old 24th September 2015, 14:57   #6296
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Take the road below the elevated road. 4th or 5th signal is Hosa Road/Central Jail Road junction. Here, get on to the service road on left and then take the NICE Road ramp (again left). There is a PES college campus just before the ramp begins.

Last edited by NPV : 24th September 2015 at 14:58.
Old 24th September 2015, 15:18   #6297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
One of my friend was saying an accident has occurred near Shiradi due to which there is a gasoline leakage. I've been told that all traffic to Mangalore has been diverted through Madikeri till Monday (28th September). Does anyone have an update on this?
I drove to Mangalore on 16th. From Bangalore the drive was smooth until before Uppinangady where police stopped the vehicles and diverted them to Subramanya road which joins near uppinangady. They mentioned gas leak from a tanker. 20mins of extra time due to this diversion. Is this the same tanker you mentioned ?

After this before reaching Padil I spent a good 1.5h in stand still/ slow moving traffic till I crossed the bottle neck below the railway track.

Drive on my contessa was quite good without much traffic apart from the mentioned blockages.
The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi-20150916_085105.jpg
The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi-20150916_110341.jpg
New concrete road on Shiradi is not the best. Small span is better like in below pic. Safety barriers on the side are still not in place.
The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi-20150916_111545.jpg
And some stretch, finishing between 2 concrete slabs already have cracks.
The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi-20150916_111554.jpg

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:25   #6298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
Is this the same tanker you mentioned ?
Not sure if it the same tanker. Your Contessa looks very well maintained. Would have been fun driving it.
Old 28th September 2015, 11:17   #6299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
You mean to say there will be heavy traffic on the Yeshwantpur-Nelamangala stretch even early morning !!! I am planning to start from HSR at 4 am and was thinking of driving thru the city instead of taking the NICE road since I thought there will be no traffic that early. Are you suggesting that I should stick to the NICE road?
Friends, I will be starting for my Udupi / Mookambika trip on Friday morning. Plan is to start by 4 am, drive thru the city instead of the NICE road, Neelamangala, CPatna, Hasan, Belur, Kudremukha, Karkala, Udupi, Kolur. As suggested by other TBHPians, during the onward drive, I will drive straight to Udupi. On the way back, will cover Chenakesava temple at Belur and Karkala.

Any latest update about this route? Also I am wondering if I should take the Hassan-Sakaleshpur - Mudigere route during the onward drive and the Mudigere-Belur-Hassan route on the return? No specific reason but just to cover 2 different routes. Any suggestions?
Old 1st October 2015, 09:32   #6300
BHPian

Guys,

Any good morning breakfast option on mangalore road after Nelmangala with clean toilets. Travelling tomorrow morning in a group and expecting to be at nelmangala around 7:30AM.

Regards
SE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks