Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 12:27   #106
BHPian

Re: Dwarka and Somnath : Route Queries

I am planning a roadtrip from pune to somnath and dwarka on 18th Oct. I will be travelling with my wife, kid and elderly mother in XUV300.

Would like to know if both the temples and other places are wheelchair friendly and how near you can get the parking space.

Or is it better to hire a local auto for the day.
Old 19th October 2022, 08:31   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
I am planning a roadtrip from pune to somnath and dwarka on 18th Oct. I will be travelling with my wife, kid and elderly mother in XUV300.

Would like to know if both the temples and other places are wheelchair friendly and how near you can get the parking space.

Or is it better to hire a local auto for the day.
Hello,

Both the places have proper facilities. I am not sure about Dwarka, but in Somnath, you can use battery operated vehicles that will take you from the parking to the temple for INR 5. There are battery operated vehicles in Dwarka too that you can use. Somnath parking is about 200m from the temple. When you reach the temple complex, you take left to go to the parking. At that junction you should be able to get a battery operated vehicle. They should take you directly to the temple. Jai Somnath!
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 12:09   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Hello,

Both the places have proper facilities. I am not sure about Dwarka, but in Somnath, you can use battery operated vehicles that will take you from the parking to the temple for INR 5. There are battery operated vehicles in Dwarka too that you can use. Somnath parking is about 200m from the temple. When you reach the temple complex, you take left to go to the parking. At that junction you should be able to get a battery operated vehicle. They should take you directly to the temple. Jai Somnath!
Thanks for the information though I saw it bit late. We took our wheelchair that helped, the one provided by the temples were worn out and in not so good condition.

Because we travelled few days before diwali, it was very less crowded at both Dwarka and Somnath. Took us only 5 -10 minutes at both the temples.

Special mention to Fortune Palace at Dwarka, very neat and clean property with excellent staff. Costed us 2500 only for 3 Adults.
shashant is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 14:35   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Thanks for the information though I saw it bit late. We took our wheelchair that helped, the one provided by the temples were worn out and in not so good condition.

Because we travelled few days before diwali, it was very less crowded at both Dwarka and Somnath. Took us only 5 -10 minutes at both the temples.

Special mention to Fortune Palace at Dwarka, very neat and clean property with excellent staff. Costed us 2500 only for 3 Adults.
Any update on the condition of the roads that you took?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks