Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2024, 16:31   #856
Team-BHP Support

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Thanks for sharing! Didn't know such a project was ongoing . As the vlogger also says, this would greatly relieve the pressure on the Krishnagiri-Hosur NH44 section.
See this post for more clarity:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5698922 (Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries)
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 12:01   #857
BHPian

Hello friends,

I know this question has been asked multiple times but I wanted to get the latest updates because of the STRR status getting updated.

I will be travelling to Mysuru from Hyderabad tomorrow. Planning to leave at 4AM from Hyderabad. How to bypass Bangalore? Even though it is Sunday, I would still want to avoid the city traffic.

I can read that the Devanally-Doddaballapura-Dobbaspet section seems to be good, but what route after that? Or going via the city is better option?

Thanks.
Old 13th April 2024, 12:12   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
I will be travelling to Mysuru from Hyderabad tomorrow. Planning to leave at 4AM from Hyderabad. How to bypass Bangalore? Even though it is Sunday, I would still want to avoid the city traffic.
Don't think you'd save any time by trying to bypass Bangalore on a Sunday. Your arrival time would be around 2 PM? Just go through city (Hudson circle/BGS flyover) and exit onto the Expressway.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 20:52   #859
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Google maps hasn’t updated the clover leaf ramps on the Kolar-Bangalore side for the STRR and I had a few queries from BHPians and friends, so thought I’d share this picture for folks to get a rough idea.

On Bypassing Bangalore-img_2934.jpeg

The red line shows the Kolar-Hoskote-Devanahalli entry ramp for STRR.

Please note that the STRR is named NE7 on google maps and there is also a huge signage (cement/concrete I guess) on the side of STRR ramp.

Last edited by NPV : 23rd April 2024 at 21:00.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 14:08   #860
BHPian

Drove on the STRR last week on my way to Chikmangalur; wonderful road I must say.

I can clarify the entry point onto the STRR from the Chennai - Bangalore highway. Hope this helps fellow travellers.

On Bypassing Bangalore-entry.jpg
qr20de is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 10:07   #861
BHPian

On my way back from Pune last evening took the STRR from Dobaspet to Jakkur, north Bengaluru. Got off the STRR at Doddaballapur and reached home via Yelahanka. Best routing decision I made in the 1900km trip. This route completely bypassed the mad truck traffic between Tumkur and Nelamangala and also the traffic at Gorguntepalya.
ashenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 18:48   #862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Drone video of NH-844 Bairamangalam (Hosur south) to Neralur:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=a0ERTdOGhJc&t=2040s
Drove a bit on the new NH 844 from Hosur to Rayakottai. A video clip and a few pictures below. This is the section from the end of the Hosur bypass (the point from which the above video starts towards Bangalore) towards Rayakottai. Lot of sections are complete. Officially open one side in many sections( although both sides seem ready) , couple of sections where work is complete but the ends are pending and are mud roads, but local traffic is already using.

While we turned back at the Rayakottai bypass start( which is not open), from sentinal maps it looks almost complete all the way to Dharmapuri. The Bangalore section shown in the video will probably be the last part to complete.

Overall nicely done road, exits are also well done ( unlike Mysore expressway). Looking forward to completion. With an STRR connect also will definitely change the dynamics of bypassing Bangalore also.

Note: Not wrong side driving.Only one side was open and traffic was diverted.

On Bypassing Bangalore-20240512_095051.jpg

You can see how the exit/entry is neatly done.
On Bypassing Bangalore-20240512_095249.jpg

The 2nd toll gate area. First one will be nearer to Bangalore

On Bypassing Bangalore-20240512_095149.jpg

Rayakottai bypass start.

On Bypassing Bangalore-20240512_100929.jpg

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 12th May 2024 at 18:50.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 21:29   #863
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Drove a bit on the new NH 844 from Hosur to Rayakottai. A video clip and a few pictures below. This is the section from the end of the Hosur bypass (the point from which the above video starts towards Bangalore) towards Rayakottai. Lot of sections are complete. Officially open one side in many sections( although both sides seem ready) , couple of sections where work is complete but the ends are pending and are mud roads, but local traffic is already using.
If you see at Dharmapuri bypass the trumpet exchange to NH844 is already open for traffic. And the 4-lane functional till Palacode.

And beyond also many diversions but about 80% completed. Also on the Hosur Road if you see at Ramana Maharishi ashram there is a huge DHL warehouse near which you can a huge football playground like open space. Thats the clearing for the NH844. That is Neralur, where the trumpet interchange is suppose to come up.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 21:44   #864
BHPian

Quote:

Overall nicely done road, exits are also well done ( unlike Mysore expressway). Looking forward to completion. With an STRR connect also will definitely change the dynamics of bypassing Bangalore also.

[/center]
I just used this highway during my recent trip to Kerala. I agree with your comments on the roads, one more important point I want to bring is the time saved using this road. Previously it took me close to 2.5 hrs from Hosur to Dharmapuri, with this new highway it took me 1hr 20 mins and also is 23kms shorter. Also this highway is very close to my home and it takes me 2 mins to reach the highway. Looking forward to the entire section to be completed, so that my electronic City office commute will also be quicker
sairamboko is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 10:46   #865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
And beyond also many diversions but about 80% completed. Also on the Hosur Road if you see at Ramana Maharishi ashram there is a huge DHL warehouse near which you can a huge football playground like open space. Thats the clearing for the NH844. That is Neralur, where the trumpet interchange is suppose to come up.
Yes, I saw this at Neralur on the way back. Wonder why the work on the integration with NH44 has not started yet. That will be a major effort.

Also looks like the major time consumers will be the 2 railway over bridges that need to be completed between Neralur and Hosur + couple of sections where it looks like land acquisition is pending. There also seems to be nothing happening in the Sanamavu reserve forest area between Hosur and Rayakkottai. Any idea what the plan is here?
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 11:30   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I just used this highway during my recent trip to Kerala. I agree with your comments on the roads, one more important point I want to bring is the time saved using this road. Previously it took me close to 2.5 hrs from Hosur to Dharmapuri, with this new highway it took me 1hr 20 mins and also is 23kms shorter. Also this highway is very close to my home and it takes me 2 mins to reach the highway. Looking forward to the entire section to be completed, so that my electronic City office commute will also be quicker
I completely missed this during my travel to Kerala from Bangalore. Somehow don't remember seeing anything and was just following the normal route.

I will be returning from Kerala in about 2-3 weeks. From where should I enter this road? Dharmapuri?
And where will it exit to? Are there any signboards?
Old 13th May 2024, 12:19   #867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Overall nicely done road, exits are also well done ( unlike Mysore expressway).

You can see how the exit/entry is neatly done.
Glad to see this design; has some scientific thought behind it at least.

The entry/exits on both the BLR-MYS Expressway AND the NICE Road are tailor-made for disastrous accidents.

Last edited by itwasntme : 13th May 2024 at 12:27.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 12:50   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I completely missed this during my travel to Kerala from Bangalore. Somehow don't remember seeing anything and was just following the normal route.

I will be returning from Kerala in about 2-3 weeks. From where should I enter this road? Dharmapuri?
And where will it exit to? Are there any signboards?
Hi - please find the gmaps link for the highway start - https://maps.app.goo.gl/sSpgx2vifgyej3Vk7?g_st=ic

Name:  IMG_9827.png
Views: 228
Size:  331.7 KB

If you follow the highway, at the end you will reach the Hosur ring road junction. Depending on your destination in Bangalore you may continue to Bagalur road or the Attibele toll. Considering the traffic , I would suggest Bagalur road or even the TVS factory way to skip Attibele .

https://maps.app.goo.gl/tjLt4gi3RvPMUTEUA?g_st=ic

On Bypassing Bangalore-img_9828.png
sairamboko is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 13:05   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi - please find the gmaps link for the highway start -
Thanks a lot!. Will try following this

Quote:
Depending on your destination in Bangalore you may continue to Bagalur road or the Attibele toll. Considering the traffic , I would suggest Bagalur road or even the TVS factory way to skip Attibele .
I actually need to proceed to Devanahalli side. Do you know which exit will be better? Would like to avoid city traffic to the max as I may be reaching Hosur by 4-5pm and would like to avoid city traffic if possible.

Edit: did a quick search and looks like Bagalur may be a good choice though I havent travelled this route. Any feedback is welcome.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/iSPqpF2xLLys6cBp9

Last edited by rajesh1868 : 13th May 2024 at 13:12.
Old 13th May 2024, 17:38   #870
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, I saw this at Neralur on the way back. Wonder why the work on the integration with NH44 has not started yet. That will be a major effort.
I think the trumpet interchange should not be a problem. Can be done fast. I am not sure why the delay. Probably more than interchange, it's the alignment which can delay. The bridge on the railway line before Hosur I thin can also be done fast.

Quote:
There also seems to be nothing happening in the Sanamavu reserve forest area between Hosur and Rayakkottai. Any idea what the plan is here?
I think there is no issue here. I dont know for sure though. The reason why at Sanamavu work is holding up is because thats the cloverleaf interchange with STRR will come up.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks