Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2024, 11:03   #781
BANNED

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Consider me a dumb idiot, who is unable to associate the text instructions with what I am seeing in google maps (got royally confused with satellite view, as it shows many portions of STRR as caked in mud / under construction - I wonder what's the point of satellite view if it isn't upto date by atleast a few weeks). Kindly help me choose the right 'path' (both directions) in the pics focussing on my points of confusion :

I have marked known portion in green. Kindly reply with which of red or blue or pink or UNMARKED (please draw the right one if I haven't coloured it already) is the optimal path to choose in each of the following pics ; and also separately mention whether one colour is for one direction and another colour for opposite direction :
Attached Thumbnails
On Bypassing Bangalore-hoskote-exit.png  

On Bypassing Bangalore-devanahalli-traversal.png  

On Bypassing Bangalore-doddaballapura.png  

Old 1st January 2024, 12:43   #782
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Consider me a dumb idiot, who is unable to associate the text instructions with what I am seeing in google maps
This should hopefully clarify.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/aRxuKBQCgVFwXDoN8?g_st=ic

I’ve chosen source on Chintamani road in Hoskote and destination as a popular restaurant on the NH 44 near Nandi cross.
If one doesn’t take the exit near Nandi cross, the road continues over NH 44 towards Dodballapura and Dabaspete.

On Bypassing Bangalore-img_0251.jpeg

Last edited by NPV : 1st January 2024 at 12:57.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 16:27   #783
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I wonder what's the point of satellite view if it isn't upto date by atleast a few weeks). Kindly help me choose the right 'path' (both directions) in the pics focussing on my points of confusion :
This is true. But Google does not update live satellite view on an immediate basis. For example a large portion of earth should be visible in Google satellite view for STRR south of Hoskote but nothing shows up. Although work is on for more than a year.
Old 1st January 2024, 19:01   #784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
But Google does not update live satellite view on an immediate basis.
For an exact / approximate idea of when Google Maps last updated that particular spot, you need to visit Google Earth.

Urban areas are updated much more frequently.
Attached Thumbnails
On Bypassing Bangalore-1.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st January 2024 at 19:03.
Old 1st January 2024, 19:16   #785
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
For an exact / approximate idea of when Google Maps last updated that particular spot, you need to visit Google Earth.
Most times I think even Google earth wont update. At least the highways works are updated very late.
Old 2nd January 2024, 09:52   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Some updates on STRR. Recently I was close to Malur and saw this.

A satellite view of this development south of Hoskote (Like I had mentioned in an earlier post). If you take a train to Chennai just before you approach Malur you can where it cuts the STRR. Work is on in full swing.
Thanks for sharing this. I plan to check this out in the coming weeks. Also, is there a listing of exit/entry points in the Attibele Hosakote Strech? I's like to believe that Sarjapur and Bagalur (TN) might have exit points, but not sure.

P.S - Could you pls share how to get the latest view on Google Maps or Earth? I don't seem to be getting the view you have shared.
Old 2nd January 2024, 10:56   #787
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I plan to check this out in the coming weeks. Also, is there a listing of exit/entry points in the Attibele Hosakote Strech? I's like to believe that Sarjapur and Bagalur (TN) might have exit points, but not sure.
I think all SHs will have an exit. Earlier I thought STRR extry exit was only left to NHs. But looks like no. So ideally we should have exits from:

Tumkur Road (Dobbaspet), Doddaballapur road, Bellary road, Chintamani SH, Old Madras road, BCE, Malur Road, Baglur-Berigai SH (Not sure), Hosur road, NH844 Hosur-Dharampuri), Denkanikottai SH, Thally SH, Kanakpura road, Mysore Expressway and Magadi road.

Quote:
P.S - Could you pls share how to get the latest view on Google Maps or Earth? I don't seem to be getting the view you have shared.
These views are not in Google Earth/Maps. You will need to look at other satellite imaging aggregating services like Sentinel.
Old 3rd January 2024, 11:56   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Can I use this map to navigate from Hoskote to Devanahalli? I have heard that some sections of STRR are not complete yet, so kindly guide me.
Old 3rd January 2024, 13:34   #789
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Can I use this map to navigate from Hoskote to Devanahalli? I have heard that some sections of STRR are not complete yet, so kindly guide me.
Yes, this section is complete fully and absolutely no issues. At Nallur near Devanahalli, there is a Rs.70 toll that needs to be paid, it became operational a couple months ago. Incomplete section is a railway overbridge near Dodballapura which is bypassed via a village road now and then you can continue towards Dabaspete. See the earlier post by @Capri89 where he shared a video of his drive from Dabaspete to Hoskote.
Also, the clover leaf ramps and bridge across Old Madras road at Kolathur just beyond Hoskote isn’t complete. Once done, it will connect to the new Bangalore-Chennai expressway.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd January 2024 at 13:39.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 13:39   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Yes this section is complete fully and absolutely no issues. At Nallur near Devanahalli, there is a Rs.70 toll that needs to be paid, it became operational a couple months ago. Incomplete section is just only railway overbridge near Dodballapura which is bypassed via a village and then you can continue towards Dabaspete. See the earlier post by @Capri89 where he shared a video of his drive from Dabaspete to Hoskote.
Thanks a lot for the info! Is there an entry to STRR from NH-75? Or should I enter STRR from Hoskote- Chintamani road or SH-35?
Old 3rd January 2024, 13:42   #791
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Thanks a lot for the info! Is there an entry to STRR from NH-75? Or should I enter STRR from Hoskote- Chintamani road or SH-35?
Use the Chintamani road for now. The NH75 (old Madras road) connection isn’t ready yet.
SH 35 is the industrial estate road in Hoskote and also connects to STRR but road is pathetic so drive another kilometre or so and join from Chintamani road itself.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 05:50   #792
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Use the Chintamani road for now. The NH75 (old Madras road) connection isn’t ready yet.
SH 35 is the industrial estate road in Hoskote and also connects to STRR but road is pathetic so drive another kilometre or so and join from Chintamani road itself.
Please note: SH35 numbering has changed. As per Google its stands only till Sarjapur.

Sarjapur-Attibele-Hosur TVS-Thally-Doddamaralwadi-Kanapura road (NH948) is now NH948A
Old 6th January 2024, 15:53   #793
Distinguished - BHPian

I drove on SH96 yesterday for a short distance from Devanahalli to Vijaypura and the road is a very good 2L, new tarmac, lots of signage for Kolar. Wondering if anyone has driven all the way to/from Kolar on this road?
Old 6th January 2024, 21:00   #794
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I drove on SH96 yesterday for a short distance from Devanahalli to Vijaypura and the road is a very good 2L, new tarmac, lots of signage for Kolar. Wondering if anyone has driven all the way to/from Kolar on this road?
Usually these roads are good. If you see they form some kind top quadrant peripheral ring around Bangalore.

On Bypassing Bangalore-screenshot-20240106-8.57.468239pm.png

I have not driven recently on these roads. But they are usually good based on my past experiences. I have driven both these sections and was fun driving on these.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 23:40   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Yes. Good all the way to Kolar. Although, the very good part doesnt last too long, the road itself is nice till kolar.
megazoid is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks