Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2024, 12:20   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

I had not experienced such less crowds even during the Covid times. I guess everyone was busy with the Ganesha festival
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I think similar situation will be there during Diwali time as well.
+1.
Many years ago, in 2015 to be precise, I had booked the now stopped, Nijapada Darsanam (Friday only). The Diwali Laxmi Pujan was on Wednesday. I started on Wednesday night only from Pune and was in Tirumala on Thursday evening. As that was my first Nijapada Darshan, I wanted to confirm the entry points so I was exploring the Supatham/VIP Darshan entry points area. The place was eerily silent in the late evening. Barring the security guards, there was hardly any pilgrim. For some time, I was not able to believe I am in Tirumala.

BTW, can anyone share list all such festivals which are big in South India, where Tirumala would see minimum crowd?

Last edited by shipnil : 8th September 2024 at 12:29.
Old 8th September 2024, 17:18   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Diwali for sure. I've been at Tirumala on a couple of Diwali times and it's most peaceful. It's hard to time it since availability of SED isn't easy in the first place.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 19:52   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Other than Diwali and Ganesh Chaturthi, how are the crowds around festivals like Pongal, Ugadi?
Old 27th September 2024, 15:10   #1144
Senior - BHPian

After numerous visits, I still haven't figured out the best parking lot for Vaikuntam Queue Complex. The struggle has been identifying the right exit from Laddu counter and tracing back to the parking lot.

For the visit next week, I am planning Mallagunta parking lot which appears to be big and not too far from VQC and Laddu counter exit (can take a local jeep). One key reason is you have a proper parking address to refer to the jeep folks, and it seems to be spacious.

Hope I have made the right choice ��

Last edited by gadadhar : 27th September 2024 at 15:11.
Old 27th September 2024, 16:21   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
After numerous visits, I still haven't figured out the best parking lot for Vaikuntam Queue Complex. The struggle has been identifying the right exit from Laddu counter and tracing back to the parking lot.

... ��
Have an experience to share regarding parking.
Visited Tirumala after a gap of 12 years. For car parking I followed signages which showed way for CRO Parking. It was long winding road. After reaching the destination, found a nice shaded area, tossed phones and stuff in the car and locked it and went for darshan with the help of free bus transport. After darshan in the late evening, boarded bus again back to CRO Parking. But after getting down from bus at CRO parking, realised that I had parked my car at some other place. Now started looking for parked car across multiple parking places. And the fact that we did not have our phones with us made it even worse. Finally caught hold of a taxi guy and asked him to trace the same route I had taken while parking the car - and there we found it! It was a parking near 'Ram Bagicha'. Funny thing is I hired this taxi just near the Ram Bagicha circle!
somspaple is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 12:25   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Have an experience to share regarding parking.
Try these locations. I found them to be quite good and easily traceable for return. Used them during various visits. These were recommended by fellow TBhpians.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/vUF6qrnu6b22ovUR8

https://maps.app.goo.gl/PFutxdQnrkd9U4S37

Last edited by nareshtrao : 28th September 2024 at 12:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks