Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2023, 13:50   #1066
BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharatravan View Post
Hi fellow bhpians, needed some information regarding the Seeghra Darshan tickets. I'm planning a visit to Tirumati from Hyderabad around 17th-18th of Nov with my family,
This may work but I am not sure

Check with AP tourism or TN tourism whether you can book their package tour from Chennai but join at Tirupati.

Otherwise you have to reach Chennai the previous day since the buses start by 4:30am
Old 27th November 2023, 07:05   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
This is a big parking area very near to Alipiri. So far, not faced any issues leaving the car there.
Any recommendations from Folks here on parking on top closer to Seeghradarshan / ATC entrance which is safe and spacious? Not been there a while so not sure how much has changed. Got a ticket for 2 pm. How early is too early to enter the queue? Any guidance deeply appreciated.
Old 27th November 2023, 07:40   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Any recommendations from Folks here on parking on top closer to Seeghradarshan / ATC entrance which is safe and spacious? Not been there a while so not sure how much has changed. Got a ticket for 2 pm. How early is too early to enter the queue? Any guidance deeply appreciated.
I just had darshan 2 days back. I being a donor get free accommodation and entry through Supadam once in a year for whole family with accommodation. I always get by default accommodation at either Ram Bagicha or Varaha. There are huge parking lots right next to the guest houses typically reserved for the occupants. I parked my brand new Jimny and it is absolutely safe as cameras are everywhere and usually crime is minimal on the hill top. I believe anybody can park even with out accommodation as per my observation of Taxis getting parked in these places. These are closest parking places to the temple and are 2 minutes walk as TTD knows that there are senior citizens of 80+ years in our family and the computer by default allocates rooms on ground floor closest to the temple.
Mystic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 08:41   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
These are closest parking places to the temple and are 2 minutes walk as TTD knows that there are senior citizens of 80+ years in our family and the computer by default allocates rooms on ground floor closest to the temple.
Thank you. However, when I do Google Maps direction from Ram Bagicha GH Parking to Special Entry Darshan, the map shows a rather 2.2 km long semi-circular route by road and 1.1 km by walking. Am I making a mistake?
Old 27th November 2023, 08:59   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. However, when I do Google Maps direction from Ram Bagicha GH Parking to Special Entry Darshan, the map shows a rather 2.2 km long semi-circular route by road and 1.1 km by walking. Am I making a mistake?
Pls see the attached photo and maps link below. On Mada streets around the temple, cars and shoes are not allowed. From parking you can go by bare feet and it just takes couple of minutes. You need to cross temple main entrance midway meant for VIPs and wheel chairs and get into regular entry of Supadam queue.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Tc7S7isSfNZZ6i9GA?g_st=iw
Attached Thumbnails
Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-img_1707.png  

Last edited by Mystic : 27th November 2023 at 09:02.
Mystic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 10:32   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Look for directions to ATC Circle - that would be the regular entry point for Rs 300 darshan. It is just about half a km from RB GH parking. If going via the Mada streets, take the left-most path near Supatham queue to join the road to ATC circle.

The location marked on Google Maps for Special Entry Darshan is used only when the regular entry point is blocked for other pruposes.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 14:27   #1072
BHPian

Folks, Seegra Darshan Tickets get sold out in minutes… any idea how to go for Darshan then?

Can I just drive to Tirupati and buy a Seegra Darshan ticket at the counter for that day or only general tickets are available at the counter?
Also, in case I take a package tour from one of the private tour operators for Seegra Darshan on a weekend, is there just too much rush (7-8 hours for Darshan)?
Old 28th November 2023, 17:55   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Folks, Seegra Darshan Tickets get sold out in minutes… any idea how to go for Darshan then?

Can I just drive to Tirupati and buy a Seegra Darshan ticket at the counter for that day or only general tickets are available at the counter?
Also, in case I take a package tour from one of the private tour operators for Seegra Darshan on a weekend, is there just too much rush (7-8 hours for Darshan)?
IMO, there is no such option available for Seegra Darshan. No counter tickets. You can check for free darshan but beware it might take a day or two for the darshan.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 15:32   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Govt package tour operators such as KSRTC (and similar ones from AP/TN) have a standard turn around time more or less and they know how much time it would take in Darshan. If you can't get the tickets on your own then you can try package tour. They would be able to tell you recent status of Darshan duration. Flipside is that the whole thing is very rushed (which is understandable) and may become tiring if traveling with kids/elderly.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th November 2023 at 15:33.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 13:23   #1075
BHPian

Quote:

There are options for Rs 10000 ticket for one time darshan. I donot have much details about this but you can download TTD app for more details.

As for me , I have done 1 lakh donation for TTD education scheme and I can schedule darshan and accommodation for 5 of my family members once in a year for life time. The darshan booking can be done in few minutes on TTD app.
Mystic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 15:00   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
There are options for Rs 10000 ticket for one time darshan. I donot have much details about this but you can download TTD app for more details.

As for me , I have done 1 lakh donation for TTD education scheme and I can schedule darshan and accommodation for 5 of my family members once in a year for life time. The darshan booking can be done in few minutes on TTD app.
Can you provide more details on how this works. Both - how to donate - and - how to book each year. Also if you have used this, what kind of queues you are made to join and how soon the Darshan happens. Any other details are also appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd December 2023, 17:25   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Can you provide more details on how this works. Both - how to donate - and - how to book each year. Also if you have used this, what kind of queues you are made to join and how soon the Darshan happens. Any other details are also appreciated. Thanks in advance.
1. Pls check my previous post#995 in this thread.
2. Pls create your own login in new web site https://tirupatibalaji.ap.gov.in/#/edonation
3. Download app at https://apps.apple.com/in/app/ttdeva...s/id1217015929
4. Choose your donation scheme and your budget from 1 rupee to more than 1 crore. The privileges change as per amount. Pls check the one that suits you or your company if it is corporate donation.
5. I chose Vidyadhana trust with minimum of 1 lakh.
6. Depending on donation, you can see free privileges. I get every year for a life time 5 family members free darshan with one day accommodation on the hill with laddus and other privileges with entry from Supadam. It took 1 hour for darshan last week which is normal. You can prepone and post pone online booking every year on app. You need to do booking atleast 3 days prior to darshan day. Avoid important festivals.You can add / change / delete family member details for only a certain number of times.
7. I went by walk to the hills last week with my wife. It is perfectly safe now. No need to panic for leopards etc. Make sure you are in a group.
8. Usually I go by walk to hill and come back on electric TTD bus. Then I go up by my car with family members who are very senior
citizens. I am also a senior citizen and by God ‘s grace, able to go by walk 3550 steps for 12 kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-img_1687.jpeg  

Last edited by Mystic : 2nd December 2023 at 17:41.
Mystic is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 22:04   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
8. Usually I go by walk to hill and come back on electric TTD bus. Then I go up by my car with family members who are very senior
citizens. I am also a senior citizen and by God ‘s grace, able to go by walk 3550 steps for 12 kms.
Hi. I'll be visiting Tirupati next week and have a SED ticket. Plan on walking up to Tirumala. Any further advice in addition to what you mentioned, considering I'd be alone and would continue on to freshening/changing and moving on for darshan. And where can I board the electric bus back to Alipiri?
Old 3rd December 2023, 05:58   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Hi. I'll be visiting Tirupati next week and have a SED ticket. Plan on walking up to Tirumala. Any further advice in addition to what you mentioned, considering I'd be alone and would continue on to freshening/changing and moving on for darshan. And where can I board the electric bus back to Alipiri?
1. It is advisable to go during broad day light hours. When I went I took an umbrella and a stick provided by TTD due to rains as a side effect of depression in Chennai. There is absolutely no need of stick and a lot of people left it on the stairs in the middle but it is recommended to take the stick all the way to Narasimha temple on hill top where there will be a TTD security guard collecting all sticks.
2. I know everybody has his own pace and rest pit stops frequently but donot worry, the number of people walking is mind boggling. At any point in time there will atleast couple of people surrounding you always including the vendors who sell refreshments.
3. When you reach top, no need to go inside bus stand to buy ticket back to Alipiri. You can stop any bus coming in Tirumala on main road on hill and get in and electronic ticket will be issued by driver. The regular non AC diesel bus costs Rs90 and electric air conditioned bus costs Rs 120. You can clearly make out the difference between the 2 types visually. Being petrol heads, it is a nice experience to come down the sharp ghats in electric vehicle. Driver gives plastic covers if needed for those who vomit due to sharp hair pin bends in AC bus without windows.
4. It is unimaginable on how some devotees touch every step and put kumkum, haldi and light one camphor cube on all 3550 steps. Just watching these devotees will give you strength and courage to move on.
5. All the best. Leave your foot wear at Alipiri itself.
6. The new steps and roof has been totally revamped, thanks to Reliance Industries. It is very clean and beautiful. Pls be aware that it is slippery at some places.
7. At mokala Parvatam, some hard core devotees walk up on their knees. It is a sight unbelievable.

Last edited by Mystic : 3rd December 2023 at 06:27.
Mystic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 13:04   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
1. It is advisable to go during broad day light hours. When I …..
Yes, my pass timing is 1pm so I’ll be starting around 8am.

Thank you so very much for all the info

Quote:
Just watching these devotees will give you strength and courage to move on.
Looking forward to an incredible experience 🙏
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks