Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2023, 19:28   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Naresh - Break darshan of 10k is for one person, one time darshan only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
For 10k, it says One Break Darshan but does not specify the number of people that can visit
To be precise, it is actually Rs. 10,500 per person one break darshan.
10K is donation for eligibility and 500 for darshan ticket.

@audioholic, glad you had great darshan. Its indeed even more lucky to get aarti and theertha in break darshan, as it depends on the time. Not everyone in break darshan gets to see aarti.

I had it long back in 2015 when it was called as L1/L2 break darshan. But now its different.

-Ravi
ravib is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 21:01   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Will prefer Arjitha Seva from now on.

How can I book this? I have tried this in the past, it goes into some sort of an electronic dip and have never received confirmation, so wondering if I am doing this wrong.
Old 5th July 2023, 21:09   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
so wondering if I am doing this wrong.
You are doing nothing wrong. You just haven't got lucky yet.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 22:00   #979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How can I book this? I have tried this in the past, it goes into some sort of an electronic dip and have never received confirmation, so wondering if I am doing this wrong.
No that's not the case for Brahmotsavam, Vishesha Puja and Kalyanotsava since they are pretty normal Darshans. I think dip exists for Archana, Suprabhatam and Thomala seva etc since they have their own advantages. Just wait for the date when the quota for the next few months are released. On that day you can easily book it. Me and my dad did it separately for two tickets each.
Old 5th July 2023, 22:42   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me and my dad did it separately for two tickets each.
You are quite lucky then to get tickets in one try, that too for two couples for same day. I get lucky if I try Arjitha Seva DIP every month for 1.5 years. I mostly get a ticket for one couple while other two family members have to go for regular 300 rupee darshan.

Last edited by shipnil : 5th July 2023 at 22:44.
Old 5th July 2023, 23:42   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
You are quite lucky then to get tickets in one try, that too for two couples for same day. I get lucky if I try Arjitha Seva DIP every month for 1.5 years. I mostly get a ticket for one couple while other two family members have to go for regular 300 rupee darshan.
I'm not sure if I conveyed the message right, we did not participate in any dip. When the seva quota is released, you can easily book it within that day or two depending on the demand. So based on the two ticket limit, any number of people can book until the tickets run out. I don't understand the challenge there.

On the other hand, dip is tricky since those seva are very limited in number of tickets per day and also not all seva are performed every day.
Old 6th July 2023, 10:40   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When the seva quota is released, you can easily book it within that day or two depending on the demand.
audioholic, apologies, but I am still not clear. Are we both discussing same Suprabatham seva that you availed this time? My understanding is, for online advance booking of Suprabatham, Seva DIP is the only method. Have the TTD came up with some other method as well? Or are you referring to physical booking done in Tirumala on previous day for next day's seva. If new method, could you please explain the process for the benefit of myself and other who follow this thread.

Or is it the break darshan booking you are referring which you and your father booked for four people?
Old 6th July 2023, 13:08   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
audioholic, apologies, but I am still not clear. Are we both discussing same Suprabatham seva that you availed this time? My understanding is, for online advance booking of Suprabatham, Seva DIP is the only method.
Sorry I dont understand where the confusion came from. Please check this:
Quote:
Previous day ie Friday I had also availed Arjitha Brahmotsavam seva and this was also very good in terms of Darshan time. Since this was done earlier, we skipped the actual seva and went directly into the Supatham entrance at 2:30PM and were asked to wait in a compartment for 20mins. After that it was a straight forward Darshan and I was back in car by 4pm which included the time for getting Laddu. This is much better than the inconsistent SED which can be even 1hr or worse than 5hrs on a busy day. Will prefer Arjitha Seva from now on..
We had two darshans. On Friday Arjitha Bramhotsavam booked via regular arjitha seva booking(Not Dip), and on Saturday Break darshan booked via Srivani Trust Donation.
Old 12th July 2023, 14:53   #984
BHPian

We too had opted for Arjitha Brahmotsavam tickets this Monday and had a peaceful darshan within 40 minutes without getting locked at any of the waiting rooms. Last time too, we had similar experience. So it appears like that this particular timeslot between 2-4 PM has worked best for us with leaner wait times. This has been our much preferred option than going via SED tickets. Heard that bus package darshan was ~4 hrs that day and going by announcements, sarva darshan wait times were 30 hrs !!

This time, we made use of recently introduced EV AC buses by APSRTC between Tirupati and Tirumala. It starts from Railway Station at Tirupati and drops at Ram Bagicha bus station at Tirumala. We could leave our footwear at Ram Bagicha footwear counter, have Anna Prasadam near by, attend the Brahmotsavam seva at Vaibhavotsam Mandapam which is also nearby, deposit mobiles at Supatham mobile deposit counter before entering the queue at Supatham entry point. No rush, no queues here for deposit or collection. All in all, found the EV bus option very convenient and comfortable than taking our own cars.

Previous day, we had walked up the hill via Srivari Mettu which took just 1.5-2 hrs compared to Alipiri Mettu which had taken us 4-5 hrs last time.

By Gods grace, everything went so well and He ensured that we had a very satisfactory darshan this time too.

Last edited by mankuthimma : 12th July 2023 at 15:04.
mankuthimma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 15:18   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
We too had opted for Arjitha Brahmotsavam tickets this Monday .
How many months in advance does the ticket become available? I see online that everything until September is already booked.
Old 12th July 2023, 16:06   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
We too had opted for Arjitha Brahmotsavam tickets this Monday and had a peaceful darshan within 40 minutes without getting locked at any of the waiting rooms. Last time too, we had similar experience. So it appears like that this particular timeslot between 2-4 PM has worked best for us with leaner wait times. This has been our much preferred option than going via SED tickets. Heard that bus package darshan was ~4 hrs that day and going by announcements, sarva darshan wait times were 30 hrs !!
So it was not just us who felt this timeslot is best. In our case, we skipped going into the Vaibhavotsava mantapam for the Seva and instead availed darshan directly at Supatham. Supatham entrance ensures that at most you will wait in a single compartment closest to the final queue, and you will have families with infants and hence no unnecessary pushing and overall a pleasant darshan. Also between 2-4 there is no VVIP darshan and there is a break even for sarva darshan. Hence the Darshan is pretty pleasant.

And yes, this mobile deposit counter near Supatham works really well since you will also exit the temple complex close by and can be a rendezvous point for regrouping, especially when I had to go get the laddus and family had to wait before we headed to the car together. And to enter via Supatham, one can manage to find parking near SMC Cottages or the road below. Its very easy to access.

Last edited by audioholic : 12th July 2023 at 16:30.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 10:55   #987
BHPian

Quote:
How many months in advance does the ticket become available? I see online that everything until September is already booked.
It was 3 months in advance. We had booked in April, 20th April to be exact, for July darshan dates. It does get sold out within hours once the booking opens. Now it seems that TTD is releasing tickets on specific dates in a month. Keep checking TTD website for announcements.

Only two people are allowed per seva ticket. So be ready with a 'strategy' if booking for more people - decide on target dates, avoid weekends, have multiple options in case desired date is not available, have family members be ready with their logins, ID proofs, payment options, one person to coordinate all the groups during the crucial hours of booking Also note that there are different category of seva tickets - Arjitha seva+darshan (select this one), online seva+physical darshan (2nd best option). seva by lucky dip, online seva only. So be familiar with these options as well so that there is no confusion during booking.

Last edited by mankuthimma : 13th July 2023 at 11:06.
mankuthimma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 13:01   #988
BHPian

Quote:
This may help: https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le66852929.ece

Quote:
The online quota of ₹300 Special Entry Darshan (SED) tickets will be released on 24, while the booking of accommodation will be made available on 25 of every month.

I have an unrelated question. For an SED darshan, if you are parking your car near the museum, can you walk as suggested by google maps below to the ATC circle to join the queue?
Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-tirumalaparking.jpg

Or is this route barricaded, and you have to walk the 'Tirupati Tirumala Road' clockwise for some 3 kms to get to ATC circle?
dust-n-bones is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 13:58   #989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
This may help: https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le66852929.ece

I have an unrelated question. For an SED darshan, if you are parking your car near the museum, can you walk as suggested by google maps below to the ATC circle to join the queue?

Or is this route barricaded, and you have to walk the 'Tirupati Tirumala Road' clockwise for some 3 kms to get to ATC circle?
When I visited in February , I did this and walked along the route you mentioned to join the queue. There was no restrictions.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 16:04   #990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
When I visited in February , I did this and walked along the route you mentioned to join the queue. There was no restrictions.
Yup, we have used this route more than 7/8 times in the last many years. Advantages are minimal crowd, short walk and casual checking at the gate as well. I also park in the slightly uphill parking lot behind the museum. Very peaceful and shady too.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks