Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2022, 22:38   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Brahmotsavam +\- 7 days is best avoided. Thanks for pointing out srvm. Totally skipped my mind.

Aside, when does TTD normally open the ‘Lucky Dip’ process for people to apply. I’m quite looking forward to the lord’s blessings for a Suprabath Darshan. Fingers crossed ofcourse.
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 13:16   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Hi All

I'm based in Bangalore. What would you suggest would be my best option?

Regards
Saurav
Agree with what jkrishnakj and srvm mentioned.
I think the only viable option for you is to book Break darshan tickets (Rs. 10,500) and have best experience to see the lord in close proximity which will also be memorable for your brother who is not in India.

You have greater and easier chances of getting these tickets, so try that and book it. Forget about Rs. 300 SED tickets, its not possible.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 12:59   #828
BHPian

300/- Rs Tickets for October month darshan is open now and fast filling. Try your luck
saisree is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 18:46   #829
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when would the senior citizen ticket booking be open for September month?
Old 26th August 2022, 11:54   #830
Senior - BHPian

I could book the senior citizen tickets for my parents for the month of September. Need clarification if someone has any insights.

While booking it showed 3 pm slot. However the ticket says reporting at 1 pm. Does it mean the senior citizens have to wait for 2 hours before the darshan slot and then spend more time as they go trough the lines to enter the temple. If they report at 1 pm, when can they expect to finish the Darshan. Booking is for a Friday 3 pm slot.

Ticket says 1 laddoo per person and did not give any option to pay for extra laddo while booking. Is it possible to buy extra laddoo after darshan and how to go about it.

Can they carry a small bag with eatables /water with them as they are diabetic. If it is not allowed then are there any options for water or food/refreshments while they are in the queue?

I also heard they have stopped sale of single use plastic in Tirumala so packaged water bottles are banned. Can we carry our own water in bottle (plastic or Tupperware for example) inside the temple.

Where is exact location nearest to the reporting point where they can get down from the car (they have a driver). Also which location the driver should bring the car which would be closer to the exit. If someone can share exact Google locations, that would be great.

Appreciate your inputs.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 26th August 2022 at 11:57.
Old 26th August 2022, 12:15   #831
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
While booking it showed 3 pm slot. However the ticket says reporting at 1 pm. Does it mean the senior citizens have to wait for 2 hours before the darshan slot and then spend more time as they go trough the lines to enter the temple. If they report at 1 pm, when can they expect to finish the Darshan. Booking is for a Friday 3 pm slot.
Generally, Fridays and Weekends there will be more rush. So be prepared for some extra time. Report as per the slot (+/- 1hrs is considered). Once they have good number of devotees (Sr. Citizens, physically challenged etc.,) they will be proceed for Darshan by the volunteers

Quote:
Ticket says 1 laddoo per person and did not give any option to pay for extra laddo while booking. Is it possible to buy extra laddoo after darshan and how to go about it.
1 ladoo is free for the ticket. If you want to buy more, we can purchase directly at the ladoo counter

Quote:
Can they carry a small bag with eatables /water with them as they are diabetic. If it is not allowed then are there any options for water or food/refreshments while they are in the queue?
Yes, they will allow considering their health. However, try to keep the bag small with limited quantity.

Quote:
I also heard they have stopped sale of single use plastic in Tirumala so packaged water bottles are banned. Can we carry our own water in bottle (plastic or Tupperware for example) inside the temple.
Water bottles are allowed. Single use plastic is banned. We can carry multiuse plastic water bottles. If in doubt, purchase a glass water bottle at any shop around and carry it. Return the empty glass bottle and get the refund amount for the bottle

Quote:
Where is exact location nearest to the reporting point where they can get down from the car (they have a driver). Also which location the driver should bring the car which would be closer to the exit. If someone can share exact Google locations, that would be great.
Nearest drop / pick up point will be Ram Bagheecha guest house. From the entrance, there will be electric buggy which can be taken till the end of the road, from there its walkable. If you can request the security they will allow private vehicles for dropping and pickup. In general this road is used by officials / VIPs for pick up and drop.
Note: Sometimes buggy will be not be available so be prepared.
BRV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 16:07   #832
BHPian

In case of Privilege Darshan category "Medical case", is it mandatory that only Spouse is allowed to accompany ? Or Can the son / daughter can also accompany ?
When I tried to book, it only shows 'spouse' for the second person.
Old 26th August 2022, 19:45   #833
BHPian

Had booked a SED slot for 11AM on 22nd August.

- We reached Alipiri toll at around 9:05 AM. There was strict checking. The guard on our line was very thorough. He made me throw away a completely filled plastic bottle which I keep for emergency / topping up the wiper fluid tank. Some quick thinking before our turn and I had hidden the wiper fluid concentrate and Add-On D bottles in the cooled glove box compartment of the Hexa. As expected the guard had no clue of its existence, or I am sure he would have made me toss them off for no good reason.

He checked under the hood, and thanks to the language barrier there was no way in which I could explain why I had placed tobacco packets (to keep rats away, can't comment to the effectivity) there. He just removed one and threw it on the road. He also pulled out the car papers, the one Tata keeps in a neat folder and tossed them onto the seat. Didn't bother to open it. It was clear he was more interested in showing authority and less interested in actual security.

While I can completely understand and am aware of the reasons why one needs strict surveillance and security at Tirumala, I think proper cops are way more efficient at identifying anti social elements. The guard here felt less of a guard and more of a bully. To put it bluntly, he treated us less as a visitor and more as a drug peddler. Extremely rude. I didn't show my feelings. Just considered it a test of my patience.

We were off by 9:50 AM. So be prepared for a minimum of half an hours wait at the toll. And don't carry any items especially liquids in plastic containers.

- We parked at Ram Bageecha parking lot. Guards there told us to catch the free bus to ATC circle. We hopped onto it and by 11 sharp were getting our tickets scanned.

- Were made to wait in the queue complex for about an hour. Then another 20 mins post that in the line. It then started moving at a snails pace. The usual push and pull during darshan and we were done.

Got a really good darshan of the Lord though. In all, took about 2 hours for darshan.

- We received one free ladoo each per ticket. And then only two additional paid ladoos per ticket. No unlimited paid ladoos.

- Had anna prasadam post that and were off to Thiruchanur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling_Stock View Post
In case of Privilege Darshan category "Medical case", is it mandatory that only Spouse is allowed to accompany ? Or Can the son / daughter can also accompany ?
When I tried to book, it only shows 'spouse' for the second person.
Spouse is compulsory or sevaks would be provided. Checkout this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Sent a mail to helpdesk.ttd@tirumala.org and received a swift response.

So any kind of attendant is strictly barred now on. In case of no spouse, TTD will provide sevaks if required.

Last edited by TROOPER : 26th August 2022 at 19:51.
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 23:32   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV View Post
Generally, Fridays and Weekends there will be more rush. So be prepared for some extra time. Report as per the slot (+/- 1hrs is considered). Once they have good number of devotees (Sr. Citizens, physically challenged etc.,) they will be proceed for Darshan by the volunteers

Nearest drop / pick up point will be Ram Bagheecha guest house. From the entrance, there will be electric buggy which can be taken till the end of the road, from there its walkable. If you can request the security they will allow private vehicles for dropping and pickup. In general this road is used by officials / VIPs for pick up and drop.
Note: Sometimes buggy will be not be available so be prepared.
Thank you so much.

So if they report at 1 pm (as per their reporting time), they need not wait till 3 pm (darshan slot) to get inside the temple? That's a relief!

Is the exit also closer to Ram bageecha guess house? Some years ago when I went, I recall exiting from the other end and I had to get a cab to reach back to the ram bageecha stand. That's why I was wondering if they should inform the driver to wait at some other location.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 26th August 2022 at 23:33.
Old 28th August 2022, 16:30   #835
BHPian

Had SED on Friday, 26th, appointment at 1700 hrs. (reporting time 1600 hrs)

Original Plan:
  • Depart BLR at 0630 via KSRTC, arrive at TPT bus-stand by 1130.
  • Visit Padmavathi Temple at Thiruchanoor 1200 - 1400
  • Have lunch 1400-1500
  • Depart for Thirumala at 1500, arrive by 1600.
  • SEDarshan from 1600 - 1800
  • Depart Thirumala at 1830, arrive at TPT bus stand by 1930.
  • Depart for BLR via KSRTC at 2001 hrs, arrive at BLR by 0100 (next day), be back in bed by 0200.
However, the Darshan/Trip log was as follows:

BLR - Tirupati:
  • Booked for 0630 departure on the KSRTC Airavat Club Class, scheduled for 1100 arrival at Tirupati.
  • Bus departed at 0640, stopped at Nandi Plaza for breakfast at 0940, departed from Nandi Plaza at 1010., reached Tirupati bus-stand at 1130, 30 min delay from scheduled arrival due to detour caused by bridge construction at entrance of Tirupati.
  • Net time from Departure in BLR to Arrival in TPT was 5 hrs including a 30 min stop for breakfast.
  • The bus never exceeded 80 kph, and mostly was at despite the good 6 lane roads, I wonder if that has to do with the speed limit on the highway for bus class of vehicles or to do with the fact the driver was just trying to meet the KSRTC schedule of arrival at TPT by 1100, if it was the latter KSRTC could revise the timings to allow for an earlier arrival, and allow the bus to be driven/travel at higher speeds, considering the Volvos are perfectly capable of travelling safely at higher speed.
  • The bus was comfortable, clean, equipment i.e. seats, AC vents etc. were functional, bus departed on time, staff were polite, standard fare for KSRTC Airavat patrons.
Visiting Padmavathi Ammavari Temple
  • Arrived at TPT bus stand at 1130hrs, changed at a nearby hotel and proceeded (at 1200 hrs) directly to Tiruchanoor via autorickshaw. Deposited bags at a locker nearby (Rs. 20). The free temple cloak room/locker facility I had used on prior visits did not seem to be available this time.
  • Entered the temple complex at 1236 hrs, proceeded directly to the Rs. 100 ticket counter, and procured the Seegradarshanam tickets.
  • It was a hot day, and the crowd was about 2-3 times the normal crowd, a lot of jostling, shoving, and unruly crowd behaviour later we had our darshan at around 1400 hrs.
  • Was back at the bus stand by 1430, finished lunch by 1500 and was ready to depart for Tirumala, however departure to Thirumala was held up by family until 1545.
S.E. Darshan
  • Departed Tirupati by 1550, and was at the ATC Circle by 1653, after a cursory 10 min security check at Alipiri gate.
  • Went to the luggage deposit counter (where I had deposited my bags on my prior visits pre-2016) only to find out it has been moved to a larger complex. Had quite some difficulty in locating it, the sincere volunteers directing the pilgrims weren't really knowledgable themselves and ended up misdirecting us a few times, and the insincere ones just misdirected us even more.
  • Deposited bags and entered the SED Queue by 1709 hrs.
  • Entered the waiting compartments/cages around 1722 hrs. Heavy crowd, around 2x what I've experienced on my prior visits.
  • Exited the compartments/cages at 1745.
  • Entered Sanctum and had darshan around 1905 hrs.
  • Exited temple at 1920 hrs. Got caught in heavy rain as we exited the temple.
  • Collected laadoos, luggage, and exited temple by 2014 hrs.
  • Departed Tirumala at 2040 hrs, arrived at Tirupati by 2133 hrs.
Bad experience at luggage retrival counter no. 3:
  • The bag, cellphone/watch deposit/retrival counter guys all ask for tips of 10-20 Rs, it isn't much, and while I don't like the tip culture, am ok to tip when it facilitates the service.
  • Never faced this on my previous visits (<2016) and did not know it was the norm now.
  • At the luggage retrival counter no. 3 (building PAC-IV), the fellow at the counter told me my bags hadn't arrived and to come back 30-45 min later and check again.
  • While waiting for my bags I decided to simply wander around and went to the back of the building where the bags are brought in, another worker there who saw me loitering and watching bags being unloaded asked me if I needed help in getting my bags. Answering in the affirmative, I handed him my luggage slip and lo behold he produces my bags which were at the counter all along, unlike what the fellow at the front of the counter said, I was happy to tip him Rs. 20.
  • Realised later that the counter fellow had made me wait simply because I hadn't tipped him (in my defence I didn't know I had to, had never experienced this on my previous visits, prior to 2016), I wouldn't have minded tipping him had he simply asked for it and given me my bags. But what he did was rather nasty.
Return to BLR:
  • Changed at a hotel near the bus stand, had a light dinner and caught the 2332 TPT_MNG (via. BLR, Hassan) Airavat Club Class and was back at Majestic by 0420 hrs the next morning (at K.R. Puram by 0338 hrs).
  • The bus didn't stop anywhere for a break.
  • Again, the bus was clean, and comfortable, equipment i.e. seats, AC vents etc. were functional, the staff were polite and professional. We were offered clean blankets for the night. Met the standards that patrons have to come to expect from the KSRTC Airavat Club Class.
Jotting this log and info down in the hope that the timings and transport details are of help to someone, who's planning a trip by KSRTC from BLR.
WD-42 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 15:18   #836
Senior - BHPian

Did Darshan on 27th Aug, Saturday...

- Started from Bangalore on Friday 6.45 am, had breakfast in a roadside eatery after entering AP. Reached Kanipakkam at 11 am, took around 1 hour for darshan in the INR 100 queue since there was darshan break for "Alankaram". We could see the elaborate preparations for next week Ganesha Chatruthi. Left Kanipakkam aroudn 12.15 pm and reached Fortune Select Grand Ridge hotel in Tirupati at 1.30 pm.

- Started to SriKalahasti at 5pm, reached by 6 pm, finished darshan in around 1 hour. It was raining heavily in the evening, reached back hotel by 8.30 pm.

- Our special darshan ticket was for 12 pm. We took a cab to Srivari Mettlu at 6.30 am (INR 800), started climb by foot at 7 am and reached top by 8.55 am. Thankfully there were no rains and the early morning climate was excellent to climb the hills.

- Had breakfast from the counter next to Srivari Mettlu top, we also took a photo print as a souvenir from the friendly photographer there (INR 100 only with no bargaining)

- Our plan was to reach the queue complex by 11 am considering they will let us in 1 hour in advance. But we reached the gate by 10.15 am and they let us in without any question. We came out at 12.15 pm, being last day of Sravana, crowd was more than normal weekends, and there were lot of female pilgrim groups from parts of South India. After darshan, we took a cab from to the hotel (INR 1800, we missed bargaining, but it was a top end well maintained Dzire with a good driver, so no regrets!).

- Had a good nights rest and started back on Sunday morning 9.45, drove nonstop to reach home in JP Nagar by 2 pm. Traffic was very thin till Kolar, crossing the city took close to 2 hours, else it was a very peaceful drive

Baggage Counter: We were used to leaving the bag and mobile in the car for all the earlier visit, it was the first time we used the TTD baggage locked facility. We deposited the bag and mobiles at the counter inside the Queue complex where the ticket and identity documents check happens. We left our smart watches in the bag assuming it may not be allowed like in many other places, but there was no obvious checking for that. You can receive the bag and mobiles at the counter outside the temple complex after darshan, you just need to follow the pointer to reach the counter. Person while handing over the bags told us to be careful in future while leaving valuables in the bag without a lock since it gets handled by multiple people. Though the service is free from TTD, people at both the counters expect some money.

Speed Checks: We noticed vehicles with speed radars in 3 places, 2 near Kanipakkam bypass and another near Tirupathi. Roads are in great shape with very little traffic, but the speed limit is shown as 80 kms (use to be 100 Kms when the road was not this great and was single line). I was doing more than 100 at 2 speed radars, parivahan site is yet to show the chellan or maybe I got lucky

Accomodation: ITC groups Fortune Select Grand Ridge hotel is relatively old and big property. It is conveniently located vary close to the Bangalore – Tirupati highway on the bypass, Alipiri is around 6 kms from there. Rooms are big compared to other places we stayed in Tirupati, sufficient parking and restaurant with good food are the other positives. Service levels are fine, but you may need to request/remind for supplies, things happen pretty quickly one the request is placed, I may select the same place for my future trips as well.
gadadhar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 15:30   #837
Senior - BHPian

Just had darshan on Thursday and it went well. The sarva darsanam (free darshan) is running at around 24 hours, so pilgrims planning to go to Tirumala without a ticket, please think twice. If you are alone then things are manageable but if you are with family/kids, then it's best avoided. I booked my darshan ticket around 40 days in advance.

I was not able to get accommodation, so booked a Treebo on Alipiri road and checked in. Had good parking and breakfast as complimentary. Took a bath and walked the distance to Tirumala. After reaching, you can avail of the facilities at Madhavam (right at the steps entrance). It's free, you can take a locker and deposit your baggage/mobiles. We did the same. Took a bath and went for darshan, finished by 11 PM and came back to Madhavam. I could see the free darshan line was running up to 26 hours. It took me 3 hours exact to get in and out. Had a very good darshan. The laddoo counter though is a little slow in managing the queue.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 15:53   #838
BHPian

Latest Updates:
Tirumala accommodation quota for the month of October 2022 will be available for booking with effect from 30th Aug 2022 @ 9:00 AM
Just an FYI for pilgrims traveling in the month of Dusheera

Last edited by BrokenHW : 29th August 2022 at 15:59. Reason: Corrected Typo and spacings
BrokenHW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 17:13   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Speed Checks: We noticed vehicles with speed radars in 3 places, 2 near Kanipakkam bypass and another near Tirupathi. Roads are in great shape with very little traffic, but the speed limit is shown as 80 kms (use to be 100 Kms when the road was not this great and was single line). I was doing more than 100 at 2 speed radars, parivahan site is yet to show the chellan or maybe I got lucky
@gadadhar: I've noticed plenty such vehicles (mostly Innovas) with the ANPRS cameras mounted on top. I believe they are the ordinary highway patrolling vehicles and while they can police speeding vehicles, they do not seem to be doing so.

The speed checking teams are usually in the older Tata Wingers.

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th August 2022 at 17:42.
Old 29th August 2022, 17:47   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
@gadadhar: I've noticed plenty such vehicles (mostly Innovas) with the ANPRS cameras mounted on top. I believe they are the ordinary highway patrolling vehicles and while they can police speeding vehicles, they do not seem to be doing so.

The speed checking teams are usually in the older Tata Wingers.
Thanks, I would love that to be true, but I am pretty much sure it was the speed guns. I am unable to recollect if it was Winger or Innova, I could clearly spot the guy sitting with the speed gun with the back door open.

Near Kanipakkam, they were on both the lanes few 100 mts apart in a straight stretch, near Tirupati it was on the left lane towards Bangalore.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks