Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 16:30   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Had a fantastic Suprabatham Seva on July 11th. Just about 160 people and being inside the main sanctum sanctorum, opening the door at strike of 3:00 AM and singing "Kousalya Supraja Rama Poorva Sandhya Pravarthathe", a 18 minute chant followed by the darshan of the Supreme Lord from a distance of hardly 5-6 feet right at the "Kulasekara Padi" is pure bliss. Its hard to explain the feeling, but, you know, you are in Vaikuntam.
Absolutely. 100% - The experience is indescribable and one must have direct experience to feel /realize what you meant. I had that great feel back in 2015 and at that time the electronic dip procedure was not there.

Now with the new electronic dip system, i am still "waiting" for lord's permission to get that blessings. Hope someday i will get and my wait continues..... Till then, the only alternate available is the Break darshan to see the lord in close proximity. Om Namo Venkatesaya!

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 23:53   #812

Going for Lord's darshan next Friday with my wife, 2 year old son and in-laws (senior citizens). I have 2 PM slot Special Entry Darshan in the afternoon. I have been to Tirupati a few times before but it is the 1st time with my toddler so can someone please help me with below:

1) Considering this is rainy season, how bad the rains will be to affect our darshan and trip? From the entry point of Special Entry Darshan until the main temple complex, are there places where we can be exposed to rains?

2) How much time may I expect it will take for the darshan? Not sure how different would the Friday be than weekends from crowd perspective.

3) As I have toddler and senior citizens with me, is there any provision to fast track the darshan like a separate queue, etc?

4) I am seeing the slots for accommodation in TTD complexes always full. Do I get an accommodation if I walk-in to Srinivasam complex? Or should I book a private stay in Tirupati?

Any other considerations please?
Old 25th July 2022, 11:30   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks4568 View Post
Going for Lord's darshan next Friday with my wife, 2 year old son and in-laws (senior citizens). I have 2 PM slot Special Entry Darshan in the afternoon. I have been to Tirupati a few times before but it is the 1st time with my toddler so can someone please help me with below:

1) Considering this is rainy season, how bad the rains will be to affect our darshan and trip? From the entry point of Special Entry Darshan until the main temple complex, are there places where we can be exposed to rains?

2) How much time may I expect it will take for the darshan? Not sure how different would the Friday be than weekends from crowd perspective.

3) As I have toddler and senior citizens with me, is there any provision to fast track the darshan like a separate queue, etc?

4) I am seeing the slots for accommodation in TTD complexes always full. Do I get an accommodation if I walk-in to Srinivasam complex? Or should I book a private stay in Tirupati?

Any other considerations please?

1) Not much rains and not to worry. Have a rain coat in your back pack for the toddler and kids. Don't take umbrellas to the queue.
2) Approximately 2 to 3 hours on a friday afternoon.
3) Unfortunately no, when you go along with them.
4) Better you book a good decent hotel in Tirupati town than in Tirumala.
After darshan you can easily drive down and stay overnight for rest.

-Ravi
Old 25th July 2022, 12:25   #814
BHPian

Folks,

Any latest guidance on good parking lots which are closer to entry and exit of Seeghradarshan queues? Something which is manned and well managed.

Any guidance deeply appreciated. Thank you.
Old 25th July 2022, 12:30   #815
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

You get those small handy use once and throwaway type of rain coats in Amazon. Those are in small sizes and easy to carry, no bigger than your wallet.

Friday noons should be fine, you should be taking about 3 hours. I agree with Ravi, better to book a place at Tirupati instead of tirumala.

Your in-laws could have booked through the senior citizen. They would have had a separate queue from the 300 Rupees queue. Maybe next time you can try that.

The crowd only towards the last 3-4 minutes will be hard for your toddler to manage. Till then, it should be fine. Those 3-4 minutes though will seem like forever. By and large, I have seen people being sensitive to babies, and you should be fine.

Enjoy the darshan.

@nareshtrao : You will find a lot of parking spots. You can enter ATC circle Parking in gmaps. Prior to that, if you find places to park, I would recommend you take that. There is a big place near the Museum as well. Benefit of parking near the museum is that its closer to the exit, and you reach quicker from the ladoo counters.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 25th July 2022 at 12:34. Reason: Added parking related note
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 13:33   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Folks,

Any latest guidance on good parking lots which are closer to entry and exit of Seeghradarshan queues? Something which is manned and well managed.

You can't park the car closer to both entry and exit points of seegradarshan
Only one is possible.
I suggest, you park near to exit gate which is the shortest walkable distance, so that when you come out of darshan, you will be tired, so walk less, collect laddus and reach car park sooner.
It means, after parking the car to enter the seegradarshan, you have to walk for atleast 1 to 2 kms. If you have senior citizens, drop them to nearest point and you go and park in below location and walk towards entry gate.

https://goo.gl/maps/kwpsbYaBNA9vJ2xZ9

There is a parking area just before Srirangam Srimath Andavan ashram. This is the closest one can park. But do note that none of the parking areas are manned.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 13:39   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
You can't park the car closer to both entry and exit points of seegradarshan
Only one is possible. -Ravi
Good point and I agree. Can not get both.

What I meant is a location which is better for a "well-loved" car as we all TBhpians like to keep them. Hence safety and security of the car is priority.

I recall some TBhpians did mention a couple of spots a few years back but I was wondering if things changed. Hence the query.
Old 25th July 2022, 15:22   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I do this for all my Seegradarshan Trips.

1. Park the car at the Alwar Tank Guest House. This is pretty much nearer to the 300 Rs Queue and is a safer park option.
2. Walk down the guest house on the opposite direction and take left. That road will lead you to Vaikuntam Q complex. Hardly takes 10 Minutes.
3. A well paved road with neat and less used rest rooms.
4. After returning from the darshan, you can take a Jeep or Free bus to Alwar Tank Guest house. Jeep costs Rs 20 - 30/- per person.

Last edited by saisree : 25th July 2022 at 15:23.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 16:07   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Good point and I agree. Can not get both.

What I meant is a location which is better for a "well-loved" car as we all TBhpians like to keep them. Hence safety and security of the car is priority.

I recall some TBhpians did mention a couple of spots a few years back but I was wondering if things changed. Hence the query.
https://goo.gl/maps/7rNiEeSsvW3YRsQe6
This is the exact location of the car parking area which ravib has also mentioned in his post. This is quite spacious and I have never seen this car parking getting full.
kavensri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 19:11   #820
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest to park vehicle at your accommodation itself and take Jeep / Taxi / Free Bus who will drop you right in front.

After darshan, you can take Jeep / Free Bus to room.
Old 26th July 2022, 11:17   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
https://goo.gl/maps/7rNiEeSsvW3YRsQe6
This is the exact location of the car parking area which ravib has also mentioned in his post. This is quite spacious and I have never seen this car parking getting full.
+1
Correct - Its a safe place and many won't know ( i mean general public, excelt TBHPians now ) and has clean rest rooms too.

-Ravi
Old 26th July 2022, 18:04   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
I would suggest to park vehicle at your accommodation itself and take Jeep / Taxi / Free Bus who will drop you right in front.

After darshan, you can take Jeep / Free Bus to room.
Thanks but this is a morning to evening trip so no accommodation booked. Leaving Bangalore early morning and returning by afternoon. Hence was checking.

Thanks to folks here some good locations found.
Old 26th July 2022, 20:36   #823
BHPian

Hi All

I have been trying to book Special Entry Darshan for quite sometime. I knew that the slots for next month typically open in the last week of the preceding month. But when I tried today was surprised to see bookings closed through September and some dates haven't been released yet.

Is there a way to keep a track of when the slots get opened?

My brother would be in India for a month mid-September to mid-October and we were planning to have darshan around then. But no luck as yet!

I'm based in Bangalore. What would you suggest would be my best option?

Regards
Saurav
Old 26th July 2022, 20:43   #824
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Hi All

I have been trying to book Special Entry Darshan for quite sometime. I knew that the slots for next month typically open in the last week of the preceding month. But when I tried today was surprised to see bookings closed through September and some dates haven't been released yet.

Is there a way to keep a track of when the slots get opened?

My brother would be in India for a month mid-September to mid-October and we were planning to have darshan around then. But no luck as yet!

I'm based in Bangalore. What would you suggest would be my best option?

Regards
Saurav
The SED quota's are opened around the 20th/21st of each month and the only way is to keep checking on either of these dates for a 'Green' slot in the calendar. I'm afraid there isn't any alternative available.

KSRTC operates packages and that's an option you can explore.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 26th July 2022 at 21:01. Reason: Added KSRTC option
Old 26th July 2022, 21:49   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Hi All

Regards
Saurav
Specific to the part about some dates not released in September & October.
It is Navaratri / Dussera time this year and it is Brahmotsavam time at Tirumala (27 Sep - 5 Oct). Usually during Brahmotsavam, SED tickets will not be available for online booking. This brings your window further down during your brother's visit.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks